Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Things have gotten kind of slow recently so i thought i'd liven things up with a tournament. This tournament will be to decide who is the champion of arashi.
this will be a team tournament similar to the inagural tournament

Rules:
1. All characters are allowed (characters can b changed after rounds)
2. Any stage is allowed except uchiha hideout
3. No glitching
4. If your opponent disconnects you are declared winner of the battle
5. All matches will be fought 2/3 (3/5 on finals)

Prizes:
So far just bragging rights but this may change

Date: January 22 12 p.m. PST / 2 p.m. CST / 3 p.m. EST

this tournament will last a day or 2 depending on how many ppl participate. If you cannot make your match PM me ASAP. also if u try to contact ur opponent and they dont respond PM me.

This tournament will be on ps3 & 360 so just post your psn/gamertag and you will be added to the roster

u can post results in another thread which will b made soon

any questions or comments can also be posted here

sign-ups will end on the 21st.

ppl signed up so far

PS3

shadow9794
xX_PUNISHERxX_
Suirad12
LordSpectreX
bbqtv
RDF2050
jounin-bob
jjj7112
benfen
gead813
Juece
Cuttin_in_town
rafiqui11
teto 142
Deva_Pain_Path
Dalle_Uchiha
shakree26
Prostriker25032
Da_king-4

DZ Cinik
x Hypnoss
Koncino
N7 x Spectre
Xenochaos1129
SlimySmiley
youngsaun92
luminssence
DBuild12289
yatoshime
RasenRengan

Last edited by shadow9794 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:38 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:30 am

PSN: Dalle_Uchiha

this is gonna be so awesome xD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:13 pm

Hit me up.

xbox360
GT: Wappy078
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:25 pm

@ deva dats a little nice record u got i look forward 2 fighting u
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:12 pm

shadow9794 wrote:
BBQTV wrote:
is it double elimination?

if u lose ur match ur out of the tournament dat basically sums it up. the matches r fought 2/3 rounds 1 round = 1 fight

why would you do this?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:37 pm

Because it is his choice to make his tourney how he wants
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:57 pm

Double elimination will increase the accuracy of a tournament by increasing the number of games a player must win in order to upset better players. IE: If the probability of an upset is 1/4, the probability of it happening twice consecutively is 1/16! Playing more games makes it more unlikely that an upset will occur.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:44 am

RDF2050 wrote:
LordSpectreX wrote:
You're not gonna ban Uchiha Hideout?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY CHAIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

:(

PSN = RDF2050

I love the chair it was sooo funny using it online in rank match and winning :D
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:56 am

Deva_Pain_Path wrote:
RDF2050 wrote:
LordSpectreX wrote:
You're not gonna ban Uchiha Hideout?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY CHAIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

:(

PSN = RDF2050

I love the chair it was sooo funny using it online in rank match and winning :D

It totally destroys Itachis HYES . Ironic, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:36 am

Hey, you mind if I like, advertise this tournament? That way we can get new members and participants?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:01 am

Cuttin_in_town wrote:
Hey, you mind if I like, advertise this tournament? That way we can get new members and participants?

of course i dont mind advertise as much as u like.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:11 am

shadow9794 wrote:
@ deva dats a little nice record u got i look forward 2 fighting u

I look forward this match hope you guys are worthy Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:13 pm

What does no glitching mean?

Are you just referring to leaving the map or is it something else?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:28 pm

GT: Ima Weinner 081
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:23 am

shadow9794 wrote:
sniperworm wrote:
Shadow, regarding your rules, I think you should provide clarification on rule #3. Where do you draw the line on what is a glitch and what isn't? It's pretty clear that things like boundary glitches are covered by this rule. But what about Hinata/Pain? Do you consider that a glitch? How about the Guy Tilt/Lee Throw extension referenced by benfen? Do you consider that a glitch? How about the double Naruto support? I'd hate to see someone get DQ'ed because they weren't clear about what was considered banned and what was not.

I also notice that this is not a character lock tournament. As such, do you have character selection procedures? Can players request a double blind? How is the first stage selected? What about counterpicking procedures?

Also, for the love of god, videos people. Please record at least some of these matches (I know some of you can).

wow u sure do ask alot of questions. well the glitching part does refer to things like the hinata/pain glitch, lagging on purpose & hacking. & hacking can be done in this game i once fought someone in random & it said transmitting forever & by the time it was done he already hit 1 wit a U2. & there are no character selction procedures player r free to chosse whoever. just dont w8 till the other person picks 1st dats annoying. & all stages are chosen by the host the only stage that is banned is UH

Hinata/Pain should absolutely not be banned anymore. We know much worse things now, and this glitch is hard to pull off. You will most likely just end up wasting your support, and if your only using Pain your probably open to a free U2. The situations in which Hinata can land a clean punishment U1 are slim, it is easily subbed if you use it on block, and can still be subbed if your not extremely quick on KnJ a grab/jutsu and punishing with it. This is a high level tournament and you have more chance of being hit by a dashing U2 than this exploit. I think I want to play as Hinata, and I use Pain/Shikamaru support. Pain is for any time I fail to hit on a rotation so I can protect myself. Constantly trying to land the Pain/Hinata pin means calling Pain BEFORE you do the rotation leaving you open to punishment if it fails. It would take skill to land this cleanly, if I see an opportunity present itself I want to have the option to go for it. I more than likely won't try it due to how hard it is, but simply on principle I think I will leave the tournament if you don't allow it.

Or I may...(not to drag cinik into this), just abuse the hell out of Sasoris tilt instead and show you what a real glitch is. :D
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:47 am

If its next to impossible to do, then what harm would banning it do?
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:07 pm

HP glitch needs to stay banned for obvious reasons. The fact that its hard to do doesn't make it any less broken.

I'm fine with UH being banned, because the chair is just for lols and I don't really like the lighting on the stage anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:51 pm

[quote="Spectre88"][quote="shadow9794"]
sniperworm wrote:

Hinata/Pain should absolutely not be banned anymore. We know much worse things now, and this glitch is hard to pull off. You will most likely just end up wasting your support, and if your only using Pain your probably open to a free U2. The situations in which Hinata can land a clean punishment U1 are slim, it is easily subbed if you use it on block, and can still be subbed if your not extremely quick on KnJ a grab/jutsu and punishing with it. This is a high level tournament and you have more chance of being hit by a dashing U2 than this exploit. I think I want to play as Hinata, and I use Pain/Shikamaru support. Pain is for any time I fail to hit on a rotation so I can protect myself. Constantly trying to land the Pain/Hinata pin means calling Pain BEFORE you do the rotation leaving you open to punishment if it fails. It would take skill to land this cleanly, if I see an opportunity present itself I want to have the option to go for it. I more than likely won't try it due to how hard it is, but simply on principle I think I will leave the tournament if you don't allow it.

Or I may...(not to drag cinik into this), just abuse the hell out of Sasoris tilt instead and show you what a real glitch is. :D

the hinata/pain support isnt banned only the glitch is & besides if it is nxt to impossible to do then y is it such a problem that its banned. its not only the hinata/pain glitch that is banned all glitches are banned. im not discriminating against anyone its jus that i dont want anyone complaining cuz of a glitch.

btw u can go ahead & get cinik i aint scared lol. i got ps3 but i rly do wana fight him after watchin his videos
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:54 pm

[DJ] wrote:
HP glitch needs to stay banned for obvious reasons. The fact that its hard to do doesn't make it any less broken.

I'm fine with UH being banned, because the chair is just for lols and I don't really like the lighting on the stage anyway.

It being hard to land means everything, you would have to leave yourself completely open for someone to land it easily on you. This seemed like a big deal early on in the game, but it's clear that it's nothing special now.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:00 pm

Its not as hard to do as you might think.

Its as easy to do as cDash to U2 with Shika. Ive cDashed to H/P glitch many times online. Its hard to get it perfect, but I got it to where it did over about 60%.

Its only banned because it does so much damage. Why would you want it unbanned anyway? Were you planning on doing it yourself?
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:05 pm

The HinataPain combo is easy to do. But to actually pull it off in battle is extremely difficult. Because it is insanely easy to substitute.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:11 pm

[quote="shadow9794"][quote="Spectre88"]
shadow9794 wrote:
sniperworm wrote:

the hinata/pain support isnt banned only the glitch is & besides if it is nxt to impossible to do then y is it such a problem that its banned. its not only the hinata/pain glitch that is banned all glitches are banned. im not discriminating against anyone its jus that i dont want anyone complaining cuz of a glitch.

btw u can go ahead & get cinik i aint scared lol. i got ps3 but i rly do wana fight him after watchin his videos

As I already stated, a skilled player could pull it off if he exercised perfect timing and reactions, I want to have the opportunity to use it since I am such a player. There are already far more abusive glitches, and if you don't think they are glitches perhaps you should think that through again. As far as I can see your only banning the Hinata/Pain glitch and nothing else, I would call that discrimination. I could understand if you were really cracking down on glitches and trying to make a more fair tournament, but the fact is you're not.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:14 pm

[DJ] wrote:

Its as easy to do as cDash to U2 with Shika. Ive cDashed to H/P glitch many times online. Its hard to get it perfect, but I got it to where it did over about 60%.

Its only banned because it does so much damage. Why would you want it unbanned anyway? Were you planning on doing it yourself?

Your describing using it on a complete idiot, if you can dash and hit them with a jutsu you could have just dashed into a U2 anyway, but at least you can sub dash U1 easily.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:02 am

[quote="Spectre88"][quote="shadow9794"]
Spectre88 wrote:
shadow9794 wrote:
sniperworm wrote:

As I already stated, a skilled player could pull it off if he exercised perfect timing and reactions, I want to have the opportunity to use it since I am such a player. There are already far more abusive glitches, and if you don't think they are glitches perhaps you should think that through again. As far as I can see your only banning the Hinata/Pain glitch and nothing else, I would call that discrimination. I could understand if you were really cracking down on glitches and trying to make a more fair tournament, but the fact is you're not.

aight 1st off dont try 2 tell me wat i am or not tryin 2 do this is my tournament. the only reason u makin such a big deal outta this is cuz u actually plan on using it. & besides how the hell am i discriminating against the hinata/pain glitch wen i clearly said that ALL GLITCHES ARE BANNED. i was only using the hinata/pain glitch as an example cuz its 1 that every1 is familliar with.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:05 am

[quote="shadow9794"][quote="Spectre88"]
shadow9794 wrote:
Spectre88 wrote:
shadow9794 wrote:
sniperworm wrote:

aight 1st off dont try 2 tell me wat i am or not tryin 2 do this is my tournament. the only reason u makin such a big deal outta this is cuz u actually plan on using it. & besides how the hell am i discriminating against the hinata/pain glitch wen i clearly said that ALL GLITCHES ARE BANNED. i was only using the hinata/pain glitch as an example cuz its 1 that every1 is familliar with.

From my first post I never once gave the impression that I wouldn't use it, that would be the whole point in arguing its legitimacy after all. There are plenty of glitches
in this game, in fact, the game's engine is basically built on glitches. But that's fine, carry on with your tournament, I am done wasting my time with this game anyway.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:48 pm

hmmm a tournament huh, sound intresting
i'll joing here's my PSN: lightmasrai
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 3 Clock14

Back to top Go down

Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next