Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Clock14Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, you want to step in to the darkness and become a Sasuke "Taka" user? Well you've come to the right place, this will teach anyone a couple of tips and tricks to use with Sasuke!

Into the depths of Darkness...The General Guide to Sasuke "Taka"

Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Sasuke13

A) Pros and Cons
B) Abilities
C) Supports
D) Awakening
E) Gameplay

A) Pros and Cons: The Light and Dark of the Mangekyou

PROS:

- Quick movements
- Chakra Shuriken throws a continuous line of Shuriken, good for pressure
- Grab has a wide range and is quick
- Mid-combo teleport
- Good ninja tools, can create a big difference in speed

CONS:

- Chakra Shuriken are easily subbed
- Battle strategy is very combo reliant
- No easy attacks that cause strike back
- U2 is utterly slow

B) Abilities: The sky is the limit for a hawk

Attack (Strings/Combos, Grab and Tilt)

- The most notable thing about Sasuke's combos is his habit of sweeping behind or around his target. This gives him some defense against Substitutions (KnJ) and he can also move to the opponent, even from across the screen with his Neutral B/O combo. This means that even if the opponent subs out of your attack, continue to mash B/O in order to teleport to the unsuspecting opponent who is most likely preparing to U2/U1 you.

- After Glow (Grab). Sasuke forms a wave of electricity in front of him. It has a wide range which will catch anyone attempting to combo or dash at Sasuke from the sides or directly in front. It's not too special, it will leave the opponent on the ground and it will put some distance between you two for chakra recovery/ninja tool usage.

- Chidori Sharp Spear (Tilt). On it's own difficult to use, but if you happen to land it, the second strike will send the opponent into the air; a perfect set up for a U3 or U1 if you're quick enough.

Projectiles (Shuriken, Kunai etc.)

- Normal Shuriken: Throws a couple of Shuriken, 3-4, an average amount.

- Chakra Suriken: Sasuke throws a line of lightning infused shuriken. They are fast and there are a lot. This is useful to interrupt enemy strategies. From a distance the last few have good homing, which means the opponent will need to use Ninja Movement for that much longer. it's very easily substituted, in other words it's mostly used for pressure.

Ninja Tools

- 360 Up D-Pad / PS3 Up D-Pad Akatsuki Robe: Raises defense for a set period of time. (x1)
- 360 Left D-Pad / PS3 Left D-Pad Speed Down Tag: Throws a tag, if hits, decreases opponents speed for a set period of time. (x2)
- 360 Down D-Pad / PS3 Down D-Pad Speed Up Food Pills: Increases speed for a set period of time. (x2)
- 360 Right D-Pad / PS3 Right D-Pad Floating Kunai: Three floating bags are thrown and explode after 2 counts. (x2)

Jutsu (U1 & U2)

- Chidori. He will dash towards the opponent with Chidori. Quick, with good homing, good distance and cannot be jumped over. It is also one of the fastest running jutsu's. It should be noted that it does a relatively small amount of damage. It drops the enemy down right in front of you.

- Chidori Blade. Charge Chidori by holding the B/O button for a few more seconds and Sasuke will teleport-dash in a linear fashion towards the opponent and stabs them with the Chidori infused blade, then kicks them away. He has partial invulnerability with this dash and it causes SB. This move is very easily blocked by skilled players, and has a lot of lag if blocked, so it is recommended to use Sasuke's right directional pad Ninja tool (Floating Kunai) for some defense.

- Amaterasu. A black flame tracks the opponent down for a short distance then bursts. This move is very slow and cannot be hit after SB. After it's initiation, if you are hit it will still track the opponent. Also, this move has priority over U3's and goes through Defensive Circle Jutsu's (Pain, Hinata and Neji). Be careful though and measure the distance careful in order to figure out if you have enough time to successfully counter the U3. Remember, there is quite a bit of start up time before the flame is is released.

C) Supports: Even within the darkness, allies are needed...

Attack - Attack supports assist in combos and perform the almighty strike-back. I recommend using attack supports for Sasuke due to his reliance on combos. They will join in on the attack and make substituting a bit more difficult. Especially for those who are used the timing of his attacks.

Guard - Guard supports will guard you when you charge chakra. They will stop an enemies Chakra Dash leaving them open for punishment. Also good to have if the opponent doesn't give you a chance to awaken, blocking all projectiles.

Balance - Balance supports will throw Chakra Kunai when you throw your Chakra Kunai. A balance support will take a U2 attack for you, although they will become unusable for a while. With Ino and Chiyo as supports no one will be able to get near you. (Or anyone with exceptional Chakra Kunai)

D) Awakening: Mangekyou Sharingan!

Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Taka_a12

Sasuke 'Taka' awakens the Mangekyou Sharingan. Him and his attacks are now enhanced with lightning element making them harder to substitute and do more damage. The duration is average, if a variety of moves are used. Although if one chooses to spam Amaterasu it will deplete rapidly giving you only a few shots (4-5).

Jutsu (U1)

Amaterasu. Sasuke uses the divine technique received from awakening his Mangekyou Sharingan. The small black flame will track the opponent for a very long time and erupt on impact. Does a lot of damage even on block. Sasuke grabs his eye in pain leaving him wide open for attacks, although the opponent will usually be too busy trying to dodge Amaterasu.

E) Gameplay

Credit to Cinik for the gameplay video!

Overall Sasuke Taka is a good character with a deadly arsenal of attacks. He has some safety in his neutral B/O combo and very fast techniques.

Credits

- cinik for the gameplay video. DZCinik's Channel
- Ziiko for the U2 priority information. U3 Info *Finished*

Last edited by Rdmaster on Fri May 06, 2011 8:43 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:06 am

just make one then
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:20 pm

I did mention his mid-string teleport. lol
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:52 pm

mention it more.
Like cancelling out of the port into a c.blade
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:35 pm

sniperworm wrote:
I was referring to startup because the active frames for a move's hitbox only occur after startup. I'm pretty sure the startup animation for Chidori is the longest out of the ones I mentioned (which is why it hits the slowest when I was trying to punish an instant aerial on block). Travel speed isn't really a factor since I was doing the aerials from point blank.

sniperworm wrote:
So my question is, why do you think it's the fastest?

I was wrong about chidori being the fastest, I hadn't even done any tests to believe so, and since it was so long ago I couldnt even tell you why I thought that. It could be because TS does a good job of punishing things, also his movement while running seems to be faster than others.

But TS' startup animation isn't as slow as Jiraiya's.
My thoughts when testing this were that if I do both jutus at the same time (pointblank), the person who lands the U1 has the faster jutsu.
But the data that I got from doing this test was very strange:

The equals represents a clash. The > means the character on the left wins.

Minato = Naruto
Naruto > SN
Minato > SN
Kakashi = Everyone but > Jiraiya
TS = Everyone but > Jiraiya
Everyone > Jiraiya

This is only a bit under-tested, but I think I did just enough for this to be pretty accurate.
As you can see I only compared the running U1s to other running U1s.
Kakashi and TS clash with everyone. They neither win nor lose to any other running U1.
Jiraiya clearly has the slowest running U1 and loses to everyone, every time.
Naruto and Minato beat SN, yet SN clashes with Kakashi and TS, both of whom Naruto and Minato also clash with.
You would think if SN=Kakashi and Minato=Kakashi, then SN=Minato, but that isn't the case.

So this leads me to believe that there are 'clash frames' as well as hit frames. Because If I jump with sasuke at the same time that I U1 with SN, TS will avoid the U1 because hes hig enough in the air. On the other hand, I did the same thing with TS doing the U1 and SN jumping. Instead of SN jumping and avoid the chidori, the startup lasted too long and SN fell down low enough to be hit by the chidori. That was to test the actual hit frames.
I'll find out later how to accurately test which U1 is faster, because all the above test showed was that clash frames can overlap both the startup and the hit frames.

Also I don't think its safe to say "the active frames for a move's hitbox only occur after startup" unless we have an accurate way of getting frame data. We cant even give any accurate information about hitboxes. Unless theres something you know that I don't. The only way I can think of to test this is recording the attacks and then to look at the time to see which one happens faster.

So the short version is, TS isnt the fastest, but hes not the slowest either.
My method of testing which U1 is faster is faulty because of newfound 'clash frames'.
I need to start testing frame data by recording and analyzing it from the footage.

Last edited by [DJ] on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:38 pm

I'd think this tests something more like proiroty, but very nice testig
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:44 pm

It does test priority, but that wasn't what I was trying to test.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Clock14Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:27 pm

Updated because of newly gathered information.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Clock14Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:33 pm

@DJ - I'm sure that it is accurate to say that "the active frames for a move's hitbox only occur after startup". In every fighting game ever, all moves can be broken into 3 phases: startup, hitbox, and recovery. By definition, an attack's startup is the duration between inputing the attack and when the hitbox appears. So yes, the hitbox for a move only occurs after startup (whether this is before or after the character starts moving is a completely different story).

My testing showed that Minato and Naruto are approximately the same speed and are the fastest of the group. Next is SM Naruto close behind the first two, followed by Kakashi, then Taka Sasuke, and lastly Jiraiya somewhere far behind. I was only testing the actual hitboxes of the moves, my testing has no relevance towards the ability of the jutsus to clash. Based on what you found, I believe you are correct in that there are clash frames which are different from the actual hitbox frames.

Stuff needs more testing for sure. I eventually want to get around to gathering frame data for everything in this game, but I don't know if we'll get around to it.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Clock14Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:57 pm

Yeah, I'll try to do my best on testing. But from what Ive seen, this game doesn't really follow the classic fighting game rules. So its hard for me to assume anything anymore without some testing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Clock14Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:19 am

I should consider using Sasuke 'Taka'...It'd give me a break from Rasengan.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Clock14Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:56 am

Hey I just found out that Taka's U2 penetrates and hits Pain, Hinata and Neji's U1 (aka force field jutsus)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Clock14Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:36 am

Good review
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Clock14Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:19 pm

Ziiko wrote:
Hey I just found out that Taka's U2 penetrates and hits Pain, Hinata and Neji's U1 (aka force field jutsus)

Is that so? I'll test it and see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. - Page 2 Clock14

Back to top Go down

Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2