Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Empty
PostSubject: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Clock14Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:13 pm

"I'm a good boy!" (^ )

Funny, mysterious, badass and our main villain: Tobi.
Gamer slang: http://www.arashiboards.com/t30-general-terminology

Tobi: "This mask hole seems wider... smells like fish... senpai?"
Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi 300px-Tobi

index:

1.................intro

2.................Pros/cons

3.................Movesets

4.................items

5.................Suppports

6.................Awakening

7.................Counter-picks

8.................Conclusion

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@

I. Intro:

He is the most recent member of the akatsuki, was Deidara's teammate after Sasori got killed by a cheerleader and a mummy. But Deidara's artistic career exploded with success so now he's flying solo. Later on he claims to be Uchiha Madara who possesses sharingan and some other advanced jutsus. He's the secret leader of the akatsuki but still hides his face behind a basketball-spiral-like mask. hmm...

Tobi is a funny character with an awkward moveset mainly involving digging and bombs. He is the hardest character to win with, but he is just too much fun to ignore. In this guide I will try my best to inform you certain things you can do to make it less hard to win with him ^_^

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@

II. Pros/cons:

Pros:

1. Moves around fluently.
2. U1 appears below opponent, causes SB.
3. Grab is invinvible while under ground.
4. Good supporter.
5. U2 is invincible while under ground.
6. Good items, has bombs causes SB.
7. Teams up with any akatsuki.
8. U1 bombs stay around for a while.

Cons:

1. Combos are easy to KNJ.
2. Laggy U1, U2, grab, tilt's cool down.
3. U1, U2, grab, tilt can easily be dodged by walking to the side.
4. Slow and predictable startups for U2, grab and tilt.
5. Grab doesn't cause SB.
6. He leaves himself very vulnerable during tilt.

III. Moveset:

Moveset vid: (ignore review)

Combos:

Neutral- Judo chop massage. 32 hits, longest combo. Leaves you in the ground. Easy to KNJ. Use when opponent is out of chakra. Can connect with shuriken, item or tilt. Use against huge awakenings (Dei, Itachi, Choji, Bee, Kank)
Down- Dead boy. 7 hits, leaves you on the ground. Easy to KNJ can connect with shuriken, item or tilt.
Side- Shy ostridge. 6 hits. Best combo, causes SB. Foe loses chakra if not teched. Easy to KNJ.
Up- The worm. 6 hits, leaves you in the air, can connect with jutsu if they air tech, if they don't tech at all they will lose chakra, and you can hit them with a item or shuriken. Easy to KNJ.
Air- Slipping slide. 6 hits, spikes you to the ground, you'll lose chakra. Connect with shuriken or item.

Specials:

U1- Minifield jutsu.
---- He teleports and appears below you, dropping six ball bombs.
---- Invincible while under ground. Comes out pretty fast.
----One will probably hit you and the rest will just lie there for a short while. (Camp around them)
---- It causes SB. If they block, you're screwed.
---- It can be dodged by simply walking.
---- Good against slow startup justsus like shino, Dei, sasori, asuma, karin, U1's etc
----You can get caught up in blac-khole jutsus like Itachi's, Konan's, Kisame's, Choji's, Tsunade's U2 etc.
---- Also you'll get hit by force field jutsus (Neji, Hinata, Pain's U1) if you do it during their activation.
---- But it's a good support, especially against puppets and turtlers.
---- Also good against kcombo spammers.
---- Can connect right after c. shuriken.

U2- Laggy startup/cool down and predictable.
---- Good against dashers and rush jutsus (Rasengan, chidori, raikiri, etc.)
----Invincible underground, moves slowly forward (like Jirayia's U1), medium range.
---- Hard to connect off SB, try the storm combo.
---- If you miss, you're screwed.

Grab- Pops from the ground and stabs you into a bomb.
---- Fast beggining, laggy cool down.
---- Invincible when underground.
---- Good against C.dashers.
----Can dodge a grab with your grab and grab them! mid to KNJ.
---- Good vs Shino's U1 before he releases the insect bog.

Tilt- "TA-DA!" tosses 2 bombs.
----Lags all the way.
----Walk to the side and dodge them.
---- His vulnerable the whole time. Can use right after succesful grab.
-----Causes SB if they were standing before the hit.
---- Both bombs last 1 second before detonation.
---- I normally use it as bait, with Pain as support. They will come rushing to punish me and before they can, I release Pain causing SB ^_^.

Kunai- standard 3 hits. C. shuriken= Fuma shuriken, 6 hits, eats up the shield, gives you extra air time. Connect with U1.

Glide- Full jump and tap the chakra button, you will gain extra airtime and swift through the air. Use this to dodge supports or to sneak a ground support while making the opp focus on you.

IV. Items:

^ item- Sasori's akatsuki ring. Defense boost.
< item- 2 speed down tags. Connect with U1. Can easily land after grab.
> item- 2 ball bombs. They cause SB!
v item- 2 defense up pills. Use after awakening, or during foe's awakening.

V. Supports

As a supporter, he is a good boy (look back at the U1 description)
But don't use as balance, you have better options.
As a guard support he'll block in front of you while you charge chakra, when they c. dash and while you block.
As an attack support he'll combo next you and SB.

As the main character, Pain is a must (SB). Use him to protect you when you're lagging, also you can use your tilt as bait.
Chiyo/Hidan do good because you can land a U2 if she/he combos them, or you could grab if they block.
Tobi teams up with Deidara and any other akatsuki member. Also fast projectiles that SB are good like Itachi/Kakuzu.

Here's a little combo I came up with Tobi having Kakuzu and Pain as support (at least have 1 attack support)...
1. C.dash>bomb=SB
2. Air dash>Pain=SB
3. Air dash>bomb=SB
4. Kakuzu, U2= Storm combo.
I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds promising and might work with many other characters...

VI. Awakening:

Uchiha, Madara(?) "I'm a bad boy..." (~ )
Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Uchiha_Madara_aka_Tobi
It's a level 2 awakening, able to do it around 40% of health. Lasts around 16 counts (32 seconds)
Faster, stronger, sexier. Can't do any cutscene move to him except for SB.

Ground combo- 11 hits, less easy to KNJ.
Air combo- 5 hits, kicks you to the ground, loses chakra. Harder to KNJ.

2 Fireball jutsus- He shoots 2 fast projectiles, like Itachi's U1. Can dodge it by walking to the side. Guard breaker, good against puppets.

Grab- He teleports on top of you and stomps on you pretty fast. Guard breaks and knocks you down lose chakra. Great vs puppets!

kunai- 4 hits. c. kunai, same 6 hits with more stun. Can connect with grab or jutsu.

Tilt- Best move, he flips back and slashes through you, hard to dodge. Bad against force field jutsus.

Quote glenndevis: "Nah it really isn't bad.
It keeps the opponent moving around. U can't just stand still while fighting an awakened Tobi.
Will he come dashing at u at high speed and slash u? Whill he blast u with guardbreakingfireballs? Will he teleport above u and crash down? Will he chakra dash and combo?

Do like: Fireball/grab. If they ninja move away use ur tilt. (IIRC it homes in so good that it catches ninja movers.) If they get hit and are down prepare a grab to catch them if they wake up... And so on.

Only stupid Madara's are easy to beat... They spam fireballs."
^ Good stuff...

VII. Counter-picks:

Um... holy sh!t, he is thee worst character in the game! So, you might want to use him as a support rather than play him.

BUT! If you really want to play him... I recommend to use Pain as support and a fast projectile(itachi, kakuzu) or a combo jutsu(Hidan, Chiyo) I already explained why these are good. You should stay mid range waiting for them to penetrate/attack first and then you counter attack. His U1 is also good against ground kcombo spammers (long ranged characters: Dei, Temari, Ten-ten). After you have them on the ground you can fight them close range (air combo) because they suck up close. So I guess Tobi counters them. Try air comboing any1, they will probably knj, so you knj back and do the U1/U2 hopefully it might hit when they land. He does swell against puppets but not that much. I recommend a medium-sized stage like the "forest of silent movement" so you keep your opponents mid range.

VIII. Conclusion

The possibilities are endless! drool

Well, that's it for now! ^_^ My 3rd guide... Thanks to the guys that have done such great and detailed guides inspiring me to make some guides. Please tell me if I missed some info or if I misinformed ya'll. I'll eventually keep updating this guide. Eventhough Tobi is bottom tier, he is not by far and has his own rarely unseen potential. He clearly does better on teams. I hope to see better Tobi's online, hope you liked it!

Last edited by Ziiko on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:09 pm; edited 20 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Clock14Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:41 pm

Nice guide. I might decide to train with him a bit now, thanks
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Clock14Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:25 pm

I'm not much of a Tobi expert but imo u should remove the "tilt causes s SB" and "side combo causes sb" from the pros list. There's alot of combo's and tilts that cause SB and Tobi's are easy to dodge.

Tobi's awakening isn't bad. It's awesome... Mix up some attacks and the opponent won't know what's coming next. Tilt is hard to dodge.

Other than that it's a nice guide. :D
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Clock14Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Fixed, thanks for reading guys, lol the awakening looks cool and all but it's pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Clock14Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:06 pm

Nah it really isn't bad.
It keeps the opponent moving around. U can't just stand still while fighting an awakened Tobi.
Will he come dashing at u at high speed and slash u? Whill he blast u with guardbreakingfireballs? Will he teleport above u and crash down? Will he chakra dash and combo?

Do like: Fireball/grab. If they ninja move away use ur tilt. (IIRC it homes in so good that it catches ninja movers.) If they get hit and are down prepare a grab to catch them if they wake up... And so on.

Only stupid Madara's are easy to beat... They spam fireballs.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Clock14Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:13 pm

Thanks for your contribution, I added it to the OP with your credit of course ^_^
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Clock14Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:56 am

madara must be pro to THROW fire ball jutsus...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Clock14Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:46 pm

LOL fock u! XD
I changed it to "shoots" Idk which other words to use...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Clock14Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:35 pm

nice guide but i have to disagree with u on the awakening. wit madaras awakening while it is powerful most people know his moveset so u have 2 b smart its one of the only balanced awakenings in the game and not like those overpowered foxes, & octopus'. i against a good madara even a character such as itachi will have a hard time
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Clock14Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:55 pm

Yeah I guess you guys are right. I removed the negative arguments about his awakening. I guess I haven't fought good Tobi's online lol. Thanx 4 your feedback.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Clock14Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:14 pm

If you side jump and then Chakra charge (in the air) you will float for a second.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Clock14Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:47 pm

benfen wrote:
If you side jump and then Chakra charge (in the air) you will float for a second.
Lol I do that alot to troll around. :D
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Clock14Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:58 am

Yeah, that works for every character, especially when Sasuke throws c. kunai.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Clock14Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:54 pm

Yeah, but it's of special use to Tobi because he looks hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Clock14Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:50 am

Enjoyed the guide very much, well thurough, and ive learned a couple of things as well, i main Tobi myself and i actually play him for singles, i dont really have a hard time using him, i just know how to use him so fluently that i can keep up with the competition, altho he is low tier hes also has his own unique potential, ill be getting my NS2 soon and ill be unlocking his potential once i study what i need to, when i get the chance ill also make a teams guide for tobi, theres alot that can be done with tobi with the proper combo cancels / C.Kunai punishers. all in all, a very good guide, look forward to seeing more of these

-TNS Sasori

Sasori ATK
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Clock14Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:59 am

I'm glad you liked it!

Check out my sig...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi Clock14

Back to top Go down

Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Tobi
Page 1 of 1