Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Second Coming of the Demon - Suigetsu Hozuki

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Second Coming of the Demon - Suigetsu Hozuki - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Second Coming of the Demon - Suigetsu Hozuki   Second Coming of the Demon - Suigetsu Hozuki - Page 2 Clock14Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello fellow Arashi members, my name is Dahir or MrLethalSky03 as you may all know. I got really pumped up to do a Suigetsu guide seeing as no-one has done one and it was all due to reading HAR MUH SEE’s guide on Asuma that got me interested really. This is my first guide so go easy on me *innocent puppy dog eyes*

Suigetsu isn’t an over/underpowered character, hes basically normal. About a 1/3 of my recent wins are due to him making him go from 3rd to 1st on my Character Usage Rate. I’d say everyone can get the hang of Suigetsu easily and it doesn’t take a long time to get the jist of his timings on combos/jutsus.

Right now I’m going to use the format HAR MUH SEE used which was created by Cinik & Skye =]

http://www.arashiboards.com/specific-game-discussion-f5/general-terminology-t30.htm#79

A guide to using Suigetsu

Second Coming of the Demon - Suigetsu Hozuki - Page 2 Suiget11

A) Pros and Cons – Basic intro to Suigetsu
B) Attacks – Thoughts on Suigetsu's U1, U2, grab, and tilt
C) Awakening – Kijin no Sairai (Second Coming of the Demon)
D) Supports – Which supports are good enough to back up this water demon?

A) Pros & Cons

Pros:

- most of his combos are quite hard to KnJ out of
- u1 has a bit of a slow start up time but packs quite a punch
- decent kunai throw while in air
- his u2 is good for rasengan users as it just goes over them if they sub and use it
- grab is fairly quick as it just takes a punch to the gut to activate
- you can get straight into an air combo after one of ground combos

Cons:

- it takes him quite a while to throw his kunai while he is on the floor
- chakra kunai takes a while to come and is very slow when reaching target
- u1 doesn’t lock onto target properly like Kakuzu’s
- his combos are fairly slow as he has to carry Zabuza’s sword
- u1 has a bit of an ending lag which can be your downfall

B) Attacks

U1 - Suigetsu’s u1 is called Water Style: Water Dragon Jutsu. He uses a range of different hand seals to create a water dragon which come out of his mouth. The start-up of this jutsu is takes a bit of a while but does damage in the end. It is a long range jutsu but has very little accuracy. It has a bit of a laggy end once finished but it does cause a SB which is very handy in some occasions. Its not very good for punishing players who c.dash very often as it may go over the player due to its poor sense of direction.

U2 - His U2 is called the Torrent: Water Transformation Jutsu which I think is a very good U2 as it punishes those players that KnJ out of it and think they can rasengan it straight away, fools. On a positive note, Suigetsu’s U2 has a far more better sense of direction when it is being used. If the opponent is trying to move out of the way the U2 will still follow him and it eventually gains a little speed. When this jutsu connects it shows Suigetsu mowing over the enemy while in water form then turning into human form in the air while pulling out his sword before striking the enemy. The U2 can lead to you being punished if not used correctly.

Grab - Suigetsu has one of the quickest grab moves in this game. He gives you a quick punch to the stomach with his right hand, stamps his right leg on your nutsuck and slices you up. The damage that has been inflicted upon the opponent is very decent and using this technique makes you want to be a swordsman (or is it just me… xD). It is relatively quick as I have stated in the pros above.

Tilt - Suigetsu’s tilt is very effective when dashing to an opponent as it catches them off guard and causes a SB. His tilt is him swing his blade twice and 2 waves erupting from it. This technique can be KnJ’d out of easily but when used it worth it. There is a bit of a laggy end to it too.

C) Awakening

When Suigetsu awakens… it’s a whole different story. His right arm expands become more muscly, his power level explodes and he uses one arm to hold the sword. He breaks through guard with little trouble at all and with the right tactic, you can take out one of your opponent’s health bar. His grab move in awakening mode cuts through blockers and turtlers very easily and cant sub out of it easily.

D) Supports

Now this is tricky part. Any character is good enough to be suigetsu’s support. The ones I use most of the time are Kabuto (attack) & Sasuke CTS (balance). I recommend using one long ranged character and one medium/short ranged because Suigetsu doesn’t really need help when it comes down to close ranged right fighting.

Last edited by MrLethalSky03 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Second Coming of the Demon - Suigetsu Hozuki   Second Coming of the Demon - Suigetsu Hozuki - Page 2 Clock14Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:39 pm

Your guide should be setup to help people know all the tricks (even one's you think noobish like cdash>u2). Because it is indeed a helpful trick.

Also, you shouldn't be worried of helping people fight against the character you're writing the guide for. Guides inherently help people playing against the character in that it helps your opponents study what is most effective for said character to use and try to plan around it. That's why guides are great contributions to the community as a whole lol.

Otherwise, it looks like you covered Suigetsu very well.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Second Coming of the Demon - Suigetsu Hozuki   Second Coming of the Demon - Suigetsu Hozuki - Page 2 Clock14Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:09 pm

Ah well thank you very much, i'll edit the guide soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Coming of the Demon - Suigetsu Hozuki   Second Coming of the Demon - Suigetsu Hozuki - Page 2 Clock14

Back to top Go down

Second Coming of the Demon - Suigetsu Hozuki
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2