Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans!

Go down 

FEEDBACK. On a scale from 1-10, how helpful was this guide?
10) Perfect guide for a Temari user ^_^
At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Vote_lcap20%At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
9) Has a lot of helpful info. Organization is superb
At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Vote_lcap40%At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
8) Has a lot of helpful info. Organization needs some work
At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Vote_lcap20%At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
7) An above average guide
At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Vote_lcap10%At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
6) it''''s just decent. Nothing special
At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Vote_lcap10%At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
5) has an ok amount of info. Organization needs some work
At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Vote_lcap0%At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4) has an ok amount of info. Somewhat organized
At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Vote_lcap0%At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3) has little to no info. Somewhat organized
 0% [ 0 ]
2) has little or no info. Unorganized
 0% [ 0 ]
1) uninformative and unorganized
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Empty
PostSubject: At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans!   At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Clock14Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:13 pm

The official Temari guide by Cuttin_in_town!!!!(Also the author of the Killer Bee, Tenten, Sai, and Neji guides)

At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Naruto_temari0200

Table of contents

1............................................................Intro

2............................................................Pros & Cons

3............................................................Basic Attacks(non projectile)

4............................................................Projectile Attacks

5............................................................Ninja Tools

6............................................................As Support

7............................................................Awakening

8............................................................Recommended Supports

9............................................................Conclusion

Extra.......................................................Assistance

Intro

Hey readers! This is my second guide( first being Tenten), and want to say that I hope you'll learn some good tricks in here. Like Tenten, Temari is a "ranged" character. She's my favorite female character in Naruto so that's why I play her. OK, enough idle talk, lets get to the guide all ready!

Pros & Cons
Pros
1) Has a quick and useful U2(ultimate justu)
2) Has an above average awakening
3) Combos combo fairly well at a certain distance
4) Has bombs
5) has a good tilt

Cons
1) Her grab has little range, and doesn't cause SB(stirke back)
2) Her ninja tools don't compliment each other at all
3) Justu is obvious and easy to evade
4) Air projectile combo doesn't even connect unless at far away
5) ckunai(chakra kunai) stops her movement, limiting her agility
6) combos are long, leaving her open for punishment

Basic attacks(non projectile)
"O" combo
----------------------------------------------------
5 Hits
6% Damage
Temari does some fan swipes, kicks her foe off the ground, then slams him/her down with her fan. Starting her projectile combos after the kicks will give Temari a good distance for her combos. The enemy bounces up after the last hit, allowing comboing from supports.

Air "O" combo
---------------------------------------------------
5 Hits
4% Damage
She hammers her opponent with her fan, then sends them downward with the last hit. The first hit hovers her up a bit, so you have to remember that if you want to use it after a substitute. The last hit is easier to sub than the others.

Tilt combo
12 Hits
4% Damage (3% by projectile)
She swirls her self with wind. It does a multi hit attack that ends with her sending an upward projectile that comes back down. Depending on how close the enemy is, they will either be sent directly to the ground, or sent flying(causing SB). It's an useful tilt that's hard to substitute. Just remember its range is small.

Grab
--------------------------------------------------
11% Damage
She knocks the enemy up, chases them through the air, and crushes their stomachs with her fan. Mediocre startup. Slow cooldown. She doesn't move. Has small range. Does not cause SB. I advise not throwing this out unless you're sure it will hit.

Projectile attacks
Idle square combo
12 Hits
15% Damage
She throws some wind at her opponent. Last hit is a homing tornado. Pretty basic combo. Her other combos connect better, so there's really no point in using this one. It causes SB though

<,> combo
20 Hits
16% Damage
She does some hurling, then sends a barrage of wind, ending off with several blades of wind being thrown. Causes SB. My personal favorite combo as well. Not much more to say.

^ combo
20 Hits
21% Damage
She throws wind again, but this time sends blades of wind to lift her foe into the air. Temari herself is also lifted during the final portion. Connects pretty good.

v combo
11 Hits
13% Damage
She launches wind at her enemy, but the last hit is like her tilt's hit and crashes them to the floor. The second to last hit can combo into her U2 as well. This one doesn't connect as well as the others, but the U2 combo is worth it.

Air projectile combo
8 Hits
6% Damage
She tosses two wind balls at her enemy, then rolls up a ball of wind to throw at her foe. The third hit doesn't hit unless at a far enough distance. It also combos pretty badly. It causes SB. My advice is to not do the third hit if directly above her enemy.

Chakra kunai- She thows a pile of wind at her enemy. If grounded, she throws two waves of it. It makes Temari stay in place, so it shouldn't be used for approaches. It does, however, have a lot of hitstun. So doing it, then comboing into a support can be of use.

Ultimate justu
30% Damage
She sends a circular wave of wind at her enemy. If caught, she then uses the wind to send her opponent upwards, into a "n" shape to the ground. It's pretty fast so it can be used to punish chakra dashes. You can also chakra dash into U2 to pull it off. A pretty good U2 in my opinion.

Justu
10% Damage
She sends a flat tornado at her enemy that lifts the enemy into the air if it lands. It's slow, easy to evade, and easy to substitute. My advice? Only use this like one or two times at max in a match. It's pretty bad.

Ninja Tools
Character item- Temari's item is dumplings. It recovers a bit of her chakra

< Item- Attack down tag. Makes the enemies attack decrease if hit for a while. She has two.

v Item- Speed boost tag. Allows her to increase her movement speed for a while two times.

> item- Explosive kunai. Causes SB. She has two of them.

As support

As a support, Temari is average. Her justu is useless, but the only reason you would want her is for her balance support. Her kunai makes the enemy stunned for a short period of time. You can take advantage of this easy. It makes so much hitstun, that even Deidara can combo his U2 with her help. So she's like Gaara and Shikamaru in that if you hit them with her kunai, you can pull off a U2 or U3(team ultimate justu). Since she is not very useful justu wise, she can be a pretty good guard support. She gets team bonuses from only two teams. Sand siblings(Temari, Gaara, Kankuro) and Chuunin exam supervisers(Temari, Shikamaru).

Awakening

Her awakening is pretty good if used right. Spamming her ground square combo isn't the right way though since they can be avoided easy. In awakening, her moveset alters. Her square combo becomes three tornados, and her air projectile combo becomes three waves of wind. Your main objective is to get your enemy on the ground. The best way is using her tilt on the enemy. Once on the ground, start up your square combo. If done right, they will not have time to dodge and will be forced to block, or try to substitute. The last tornado lifts them into the air. You can then jump up and combo them with your air projectile combo. It's avoidable, so don't think the only way to avoid it is substituting. During awakening, Temari can not be harmed by normal kunais. Again, you're still just Temari. You can be harmed, and sent into SB.

note- Using your speed boost and attack down tags before awakening can help for a short while.

Recommended supports

It's just opinion, so don't take this portion all to seriously. However, in my opinion, Temari can be paired with any type of support really, but she gets the most help from long range supports like Itachi,Gaara, and Deidara. It all comes down to preferance though so don't worry.

Conclusion

Although Temari isn't one of the best characters, she can still be fun to play. Thank you for reading, and hope Temari fans alike can benifit from this guide. If you have anything to say, positive or negative, please do. :D

Assistance

This portion is for thing I may have left out, or not of known, that has been said by other board members.

Last edited by Cuttin_in_town on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:39 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans!   At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Clock14Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:53 pm

OK, all finished up. I'll check for spelling ect later. All feedback is wanted, and if you can, rate the guide at the top.
I'll be doing a Sai guide as well. Hope this all helped!

Also, if anyone can find a good sand sibling picture, can you give it to me for the guide? I can't find good ones.....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans!   At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Clock14Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Pretty nice. I like the part where you discussed the hitstun of the c.kunai, I didnt know that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans!   At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Clock14Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:49 pm

great job! my friend mains temari so i'll show him this for sure.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans!   At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Clock14Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:12 pm

Thank you! Glad I could help! :D
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans!   At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Clock14Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:56 pm

I used her chakra shuriken to combo into a Gaara or Kankuro support. Never used her on balance tho.
1 thing i noticed about her jutsu is that it tracks fairly well at long range. I had multiple opponents thinking they could just jump away from it and still get hit.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans!   At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Clock14Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 pm

The right item is 2 paper bombs, not explosive kunai (which are the 3 kunai balloon thingies)

Nice guide :P
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans!   At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Clock14Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:53 am

Ziiko wrote:
The right item is 2 paper bombs, not explosive kunai (which are the 3 kunai balloon thingies)

Nice guide :P

What makes those explosive kunai... maybe Shika has explosive kunai :problem:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans!   At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Clock14Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:53 pm

That would be Kunai bomb. (which explodes) XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans!   At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans! Clock14

Back to top Go down

At the mercy of the wind! A Guide for Temari fans!
Page 1 of 1