Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide

Go down 

So, did you learn anything new from this guide?
A) Wow, I learned SO much from this. You rock dude ^_^
"The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Vote_lcap40%"The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
B) Pretty nice, I learned a little. Keep up the good work.
"The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Vote_lcap40%"The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
C) Nope. I didn't learn anything new. However, I do know a lot about Neji already.
"The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Vote_lcap20%"The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
D) I don't know much about Neji, and still didn't learn anything new....
"The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Vote_lcap0%"The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

"The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Empty
PostSubject: "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide   "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:41 pm

The official Neji guide by Cuttin_in_town! (Also the author of the Killer Bee, Tenten, Temari, and Sai guides)

"The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Neji

Table of Contents

1............................................................Intro

2............................................................Pros & Cons

3............................................................Basic Attacks

4............................................................Justu

5............................................................Ninja Tools

6............................................................U2 Combos

7............................................................As Support

8............................................................Awakening

9............................................................Recommended Supports

10...........................................................Conclusion

Intro
OK, this is my fourth guide on arashi boards. Neji is my favorite pre-timeskip character( when he was a jerk nah son ) So I still play him from time to time. I will say this now, but combo centric characters are at a severe disadvantage in this game. Neji is combo centric. You do the math. However, when you are fighting someone who doesn't abuse any specific mechanics, Neji can be a formidable force. Neji also is one of the characters in the game that can combo into his U2(ultimate justu) naturally. All will be explained later, to the guide.

Pros & Cons
Pros
1) Has bombs
2) Ninja tools are very well rounded, excelling at defense
3) Can naturally combo into his U2 without supports multiple ways
4) justu is a very good counter to subs(substitute)
5) Tilt is long range and has good pressure
6) U2 has some range to it and has invincibility.

Cons
1) Grab has horrible range
2) Relies on combos more then other characters
3) Justu has small range
4) Combos are easy to sub

Basic Attacks
Idle "O" combo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
13 Hits
20% Damage
Drains about 90% during awakening
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neji does some pokes, and ends with a push....poke. Causes SB. You will never finish it unless in awakening due to sub. However, canceling the combo into his justu when they sub prevents counter attacks.

<,> combo
15 Hits
19% Damage
Drains about 80% during awakening
Neji pokes, but ends by shoving his fingers in and past his enemy. Ends in a cutscene, so it disables supports. Not much more to say. I use the combo most because it's the easiest to cancel with.

v combo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
10 Hits
17% Damage
Drains about 50% during awakening
He pokes, kicks, then ends with three air palms to the ground, bouncing the enemy up. Not much to say here. Combos welll with air supports like Itachi and Pain, causing SB with support help. Plus, it looks nice.

^ combo
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
10 Hits
18% Damage
Drains about 66% during awakening
Neji does the norm, but then shoots an air palm to the sky, sending his foe upwards........Nothing important to note here really.

note- Most of Neji's combos are mainly used as mindgames, rather then to actually finish the combo. Making the enemy think you will justu after they sub, but actually air dash cancel to continue pressure is an example.

Tilt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 Hits
7% Damage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neji does three air palms. You can cancel the first two with his grab, justu, air dash, or c.Kunai(chakra kunai). Causes SB. Mainly used to shoot two, air dash, then do another tilt cancel to keep on pressure. If you see a support, just cancel into justu to avoid damage.

Air combo
13 Hits
9% Damage
Drains about 20% during awakening
Neji pokes, then does a multi hit rotation to send his foe to the ground. The rotation is subbed easily and leaves Neji vulnerable. I suggest not finishing the combo to many times. For opponents with slow reactions, using your justu as you land can catch them.

Kunai- He tosses some basic shuriken. Nothing special

c.Kunai- Tosses inhanced shurikens. The worse kind really. Pretty basic

Grab
11% Damage
Drains about 15% during awakening
Neji flips his foe up, then shoots them with three air palms. Probally the shortest grab range in the game. Pretty fast though. small cooldown as well. Can combo into his > ninja tool to cause SB.

Justu
U1(justu)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10% Damage
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neji does rotation. He protects himself in a 360 circle. It's a multi hit and causes SB. If a justu hits before you actually do rotation, you will cancel out, while justu will be guarded against if you are currently in the justu. Has some cooldown so don't just throw it out randomly. It also does a crazy amount of damage to someone's guard if they guard it. So it can be a good guard breaker

note- If you plan to use this to cancel, learn to do your combos without mashing the buttons. Do each punch one at a time, then when you see a sub, justu. Or else the enemy will see you chakra load, and can predict a justu.

U2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
30% Damage
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neji leaps forward, and strikes with his palm. If it connects, he does his signature 64 palms. It goes a fair distance, but needs a little timing to land off of SB. Has invincibility frames against combos and kunai.

Ninja Tools
Character Item- It seems to be a book. It gives Neji a longer attack up duration.

< Item- Attack down tags. Used to lower the opponent's attack power.

v Item- Defense up pills. Raises your defense for a while.

> Item- Two exsplosive kunais. Causes SB.

U2 combos
Neji has a few combos that can lead into a U2 without support assistance. Many of this require a ougi cancel. Basically, by canceling your justu, into a U2, it looks like you actually comboed your combo into a U2(something you usually can't do), so it cost your whole bar of chakra. This only works on attacks that cause a stumble effect. Here are a few besides his ^ combo to U2(OC= ougi cancel):
-------------------------------------------------------------
Do Neji's tilt, then OC either of his first two hits.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Do Neji's V combo. On the kick before he does his three air palms, OC.
Do Neji's <,> combo. On the multi pokes before the final blow, OC.
Do Neji's grab. Then, use his attack down tag. after that, instantly use his U2. If done right, it should connect.
Most of these, I owe to Gf_Suzuka though.

As support
Neji as support is below average mainly due to the fact there are two other characters that do what he does, but better. His kunai aren't all that either. Unless you are with his team bonus teams, Team Guy(Neji, Guy, Lee, Tenten) or The Hyuga Clan(Neji, Hinata), you're better off using Hinata or Pain. He also is part of the generic "Leaf _____" however.

Awakening
Neji's awakening is good and bad. Bad if your opponent isn't stupid. Neji drains his foe's chakra with every physical hit. So kunais and rotation don't drain. His attacks are harder to sub, and break guards easier, but it honestly isn't enough to warrant losing your supports. Without supports, Neji has no sure fire way to reach his opponent. Kunais and tilt cancels work on some enemies, but mobile opponents are trouble. Remember, you're still just Neji. You can be sent into SB

Recommended Supports
"The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide 3575171438_555721626f

Neji is a close range fighter. So long range supports help him greatly. Close range supports like Tenten, Pain, Lars, Hinata, or Kiba help his pressure and counter game as well. This is my opinion however, so don't take it to heart.

Conclusion
Woot :D my fourth guide is finished! I hope you readers have learned a lot from this guide. Any feedback, as always, is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Cuttin_in_town on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:41 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide   "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:42 pm

OK, there's Neji. I'll fix it up later.

Before I do another guide, I'm gonna add the in depth stuff to the Neji, Temari, Tenten, and Sai guides.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide   "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:45 pm

note the amount of guard pressure his U1 does. Its insane.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide   "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:46 pm

Yea, how could I forget that, my bad.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide   "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Clock14Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:12 pm

OK, all of my guides are completely up to date. I didn't think of it when I was testing, but I'll also put Temari's awakening data up when I can. I'll probally do Bee next....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide   "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Clock14Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:29 pm

very nice, I give this an 8/10. Theres room for more
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide   "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Clock14Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:28 am

Yo, put some numbers on mine Skye.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide   "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Clock14Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:01 pm

Personally, I thought this guide was great. Neji is one of my favorite characters too!

I liked all the information you put in about his combos and links to his U2 and especially the bit about his invincibility frames. That's top class info right there! :D

The side notes that you added were very helpful too. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide   "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Clock14Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:47 am

Very well put together Cuttin. Nice.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide   "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Clock14Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 am

Remember that only lazy jutsus (kakashi, yamato and kirin sasuke's U2) can penetrate Neji's force field. Also Taka's U2 D:

Last edited by Ziiko on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide   "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Clock14Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:08 pm

You said that they are two other who is better at everything Neji does in the guide. I would like to know which two u were refering to.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide   "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Clock14Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:22 pm

He probably was referring to Pain and Hinata.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide   "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Clock14Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:01 pm

2 things i'd like to share about Neji: (and i think this is the best place to say it.-
-He can tag -> U2
-first/second hit of tilt -> explosive tag -> fast U2 (storm combo)

His tilt is really awesome =P
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide   "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Clock14Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:57 pm

glenndevis wrote:
2 things i'd like to share about Neji: (and i think this is the best place to say it.-
-He can tag -> U2

I tried that so many time's and it never works.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide   "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Clock14Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:00 pm

[N4L] wrote:
glenndevis wrote:
-He can tag -> U2

I tried that so many time's and it never works.
What doesn't work?
Tag -> U2 only works at close- mid/mid range.
tilt -> tag -> U2 gets blocked by defense supports.
Forgot to mention u had to air dash after first hits of tilt. Annoyed
So it's: tilt + O (or tilt + O O) -> X X -> explosive tag -> U2 (storm combo)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide   "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Clock14Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:15 pm

I main neji now those u2 combos r awesome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide   "The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide Clock14

Back to top Go down

"The Byakugan will guide me through any situation!" The Neji guide
Page 1 of 1