Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee Empty
PostSubject: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee Clock14Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:05 am

"Never give up! Drunk or sober!" [](O_O)
Talent < Spirit.
Bushy brows! He seems to have lost every important fight, but has wowed us with his superb speed, personality, taijutsu and intense action packed fights!
Gamer slang: http://www.arashiboards.com/t30-general-terminology

Rock Lee: "$5 foot long."
Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee Rock-lee

index:

1................intro

2................Pros/cons

3................Moveset

4................items

5................Support

6................Awakening

7................Counter-picks

8................Conclusion

I. intro:

Introducing Rock Lee, "HIDDEN LEAF'S HANDSOME DEVIL!" Guy's (favorite) pupil. His teammates (team 8) are Neji and Ten-ten. His moves are strictly taijutsu because he has no talent for genjutsu nor ninjutsu. But that's ok because he has worked very hard to be the best close ranged ninja! He has nice combo-ability, here on my 5th guide, we will take a deeper look on his moves and usefulness. "Ikimachiooo!"

MWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMW

II. Pros/cons:

Pros:

1. Moves around fast.
2. Great items.
3. Above average awakening.
4. Quick, mid range grab.
5. Fast combos.
6. Fast tilt cancel to grab.
7. Full tilt causes SB.
8. U2 > c.dash, rush jutsus.
9. Can U1 mid-combo.
10. Good short hop attack! And air combo.

Cons:

1. Generic kunai.
2. Bad U1 slow combo, no SB easy to KNJ.
3. U2 laggy cool down.
4. Hard to punish SB.
5. Bad supporter.
6. Most combos are easy to KNJ.
7. Grab doesn't cause SB.

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

III. Moveset:
Lee @ 2:00 (ignore review)

^Prostriker likes how every1 uses his video idea!

Combos:

Neutral- 10 hits, causes SB. Easy to KNJ.
Side- 9 hits, pretty fast, causes SB. Easy to KNJ. Ends with cut-scene.
Down- 12 hits, leaves you on the ground, easy to KNJ. Can connect with an item or kunai.
Up- sky bike lol, 15 hits, leaves you up in the air, can connect with air dash/combo. easy to KNJ.
Air- 8 hits, lose chakra, harder to KNJ except for the last hit. Can connect with item or kunai. Use short hop attack!

These combos are in average KNJ difficulty, their main problem is that they are so many consecutive hits, that they give you many chances to KNJ before the combo ends. That's why I recommend you to combo with slow, unusual timing. They can be canceled mid way with c. kunai. But don't worry, these have more hit-stun during awakening, making them much more useful! Stay tuned...

Specials:

U1- Leaf combo attack! 4 hits, slow, leaves opponent up in the air, can connect with air dash/combo if not air teched, easy to KNJ.
U2- 5th gates leaf hot wind! He rushes into a kick, good against dashers and rush U1's. Bad cool down. Can hit off SB.
Grab- Fast slides forward and kicks, makes them loose chakra, no SB, can connect item or kunai.
Tilt- Gymnastic flips, 4 hits, causes SB, can be canceled into grab. Pretty good.
Kunai- standard 3 hits. c. kunai, 8 hits. Generic...

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

IV. items:

^ = speed boost! Use when opponent is on support drive and are spamming balance c.kunai!
< = 2 defense down tags. Item roll to tilt cancel grab.
> = 2 Ball bombs! Cause SB if victim is not lying on the ground.
v = 2 speed up pills. Fock yeah!

V. Support

As a support, he is a bad supporter (read U1's description) but if you really want to use him, use him as an attack support. Has good combos and SB.
As balance= bad.
As guard= Every character has the same function.

Lee teams up with Ten-ten, Neji and Guy. Also any other person from konoha.

As a main character, Use shika/Gaara as balanced for SB! Use Pain to protect you anywhere, or use a quick projectile support like Kakuzu/Itachi. Also you could use a combo jutsu like Hidan/Chiyo so you could land a U2 if they get comboed or grab if they block.

VI. Awakening:

HYES Sh!t just got real!
-Lee moves insanely fast all around.
-His only move that changes is his c. dash which teleports Lee behind foe. Can teleport during any combos.
-Adds alot of hitstun and combos become much harder to KNJ.
-Weak against forcefield supports (Neji, Hinata, Pain's U1) so watch out when you teleport!
-Eats up shield.
-Abuse grab, tilt to grab, air combo.
-Great against puppets.
-Great against longrange chars. (Dei, 10, Temari)
-Great against slow turtles. (Gaara, Yamato...)
- He can't get caught in any cinematic, except for SB.
-Above average, can activate at 35% health and less.
-Lasts around 13 counts (26 seconds)

VII. Counter-pick:

He is superior on his combos vs long range character, so NM kunai spam until they decide to penetrate, you can item cancel to U2 their dash. Or simply KNJ them and punish with air combo, short hop attack, grab, tilt to grab, bombs, combos and U1 if they KNJ.

He has a hard time vs. Pain, Hinata and Neji, because they're good close range fighters plus their U1 has more priority than any and every of Lee's attacks. So basically turtle around them until they do a jutsu and punish them in their cool down.

Kiba also is a problem because his combos are good and his jutsus and grab are faster and better than yours. Block, bomb or tilt grab. Use a forcefield support against him and a good wall jutsu (Karin Asuma, shikamaru)

Puppets are a problem, stay mid range, use Hidan & Pain as supports. Pain will knock the puppet down and Hidan will keep the puppet master busy, grab if they block and U2 if they are getting comboed. Awaken ASAP.

Choose a small stage so you can keep a close ranged fight. Konoha, Konoha's forest and that place where Jirayia was defeated by Pain.

VIII. Conclusion

I want some sake... drool

Overall, he's a pretty good character with lots of potential. Hopefully this guide will inspire some youth. He does better in singles IMO but he is still a threat in teams if used wisely. This is still pretty general and covers the basics, I will update everytime I get more info. I'll appreciate some feedback :P

Last edited by Ziiko on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:36 am; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee Clock14Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:30 am

pretty good but u 4got to add tht in mid combo u can c.kunai for anti-knj
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee Clock14Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:32 am

Alright this is really bothering the hell out of me and it's the dumbest thing. Guy is "The Noble Blue Beast" and Lee is the "Hidden Leaf's Handsome Devil". neither is a green beast.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee Clock14Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:40 am

LOL thx for clearing that up for me, relax dude... It's just an anime. How about some feedback about the actual guide?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee Clock14Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:41 am

I'm just OCD over little details like that. as for the guide, i'll give a review when im not distracted by xbox.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee Clock14Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:43 am

i like how everyones using my video idea
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee Clock14Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:47 am

Yeah man you're the best around!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee Clock14Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:49 am

I know right!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee Clock14Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:41 am

I think his up item is a speed boost... Could be atk up tho.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee Clock14Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:39 pm

Its a speed boost.

Pretty good guide, I was going to do one as well but it seems you beat me to it :P
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee Clock14Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Thanks I didn't remember lol. Also I'm not quite sure about Guy's, Tobi's, Yamato's and Karin's up item (?)
But what's the difference if any, between the speed boost and speed up pills?

@Squadiee- If you have some extra info about Lee that's not in this guide, you can post it here, and I'll add it in the OP with your credit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee   Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee Clock14

Back to top Go down

Ziiko's How 2 Play guides: Lee
Page 1 of 1