Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

How do you like my Guide?
10) Great, best Kabuto guide out there!
Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Vote_lcap20%Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
9) Great, but has minor faults
Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Vote_lcap0%Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
8) Good, but info, or organization is lacking a bit
Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Vote_lcap0%Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
7) Good, but info or orgainization needs a bit more work
 0% [ 0 ]
6) Ok, but would like more info and/or more orgaization
Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Vote_lcap10%Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
5) Mediocore, its ok
Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Vote_lcap30%Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
4) it has problems
Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Vote_lcap10%Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
3) Needs More work
 10% [ 1 ]
2) Very Poor
 10% [ 1 ]
1) Did you work on this? At all?
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Empty
PostSubject: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:10 am

Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight: A guide

Intro: Kabuto is orchimaru's right hand man. He kills All competion. So if you wanna work directly under Orochimaru, your life is NEVER guaranteed. He uses chakra blades to dissect the enemys chakra network. And his glasses.....never stay straight. He is a pretty decent character, and one of the better ones.

v dont mess with kabuto (why he always straightens his glasses)
Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight 421317-kabuto_super

Here is a video of Kabuto's moveset

Pros
Very nice and fast ninja move
Senbons are also very nice. (better than the average shuriken)
Great in singles and Team (not dependant on supports)
fairly fast grab

Cons
Grab has long recovery
chakra shurikens can be beaten by almost all other chakra shurikens (as in if they clash the opp always wins)
No transforming awakening

Items
Kabuto has....
1 chakra up bottle (gives some chakra)
2 defense up pills
2 poison tags
and 2 paper bombs (good for SB)

Basic Combos
*Tip* Kabuto's combos is harder to knj if you mix up the speeds u press O

Neutral Combo
Fairly long, and the worst of all his combos. He punches and kicks and ends with a punch. Can be knjed easily and is WAY too long. Can be canceled into a tag, c. shuriken, u1, or air dash.

^ Combo
Not too long, one of the better up combos. Punches and kicks with chakra blades and in the end forces you into the air. Can be canceled into u1, c. shuriken, tag or and air dash. Note: If canceled to u1/ similar damage to a completed combo. Can use u2 after the end of the combo, or air combo

<,> Combo
The length of this combo is fairly long, but hard to knj. Punches and kicks with/without chakra blades until the ending animation which summons a dead anbu black ops to hit the opponent. Does the most damage out of all the combos. Can be canceled into a tag/c. shuriken/air dash/u1. I reccomend using this combo to people that are ok at subbing.

v Combo
Short combo. One of my personal favorites. I reccomend its use on any players knj skill level. A short volley of punches and kick till he ends in an animation of him grabbing the opp's legs. Does the least amount of damage (by very little) but worth it. Can cancel into a tag/c. shuriken/air dash/u1.
v what he does during his combos
Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Spacer

C. Shuriken
He throws a bunch of senbons. Has a VERY SHORT stun. But..... can be used to allow supports to hit. Ex. Uses senbons the sauske fires fireball them c. shuriken stuns fireball hits.

Tilt: Beastly part of kabuto
His tilt can be used anywhere and he will teleport to your opp. He first does his glasses then he goes underground to grab the opp's legs then another hit, and finsihes off with a kick. His tilt can at ANY time cancel into a c. shuriken/air dash/u1/ grab. This is NOT always a good thing. If you are using his tilt from far away, then if you cancel to early he will appear out of the ground not behind your opp. So make sure that he hits the first part of his tilt before canceling.
Note: Even if your opp guards its always advised you cancel anyways. Due to the cruddy recovery time his tilt has. You would think that he would get up immediatly if his opp is going to smash him....but no. He takes his time crawling out. o.O

Advised Use of Tilt
If opp guards, then i would advise grabbing. This is NOT the safest way. The safest would be air dashing, u1 is also a good choice. Especially if ur opp likes to punish. If no guard, then i always advise u1. A good easy way to land his tilt his chakra dash and then use it.

Justu (u1)
Chakra dissection blade. He leans forward and slices with his hand. The 1st part (leaning) consists of 5-8 hits and is somewhat hard to knj. Does very little damage (the leaning), the majority of the damage comes from the end part. If your opp manages to knj, then you ARE screwed. The Justu has horrible recovery time. he just stand there after his justu. Do not let this discourage you!!!! Can be covered by supports. + very hard to Knj.

Air dash/combo
Kabuto Slices with his chakra blade 3 times then ends with a klck. That kick is easily knjable. He has an average air combo. Nothing special, but i still advise using it.

Ultimate Jutsu (U2)
Kabuto uses two dead people to attack the enemy. Startup is fairly slow. Recovery is pretty fast. I do not advise using it on anything but the end of his ^ combo and SB.

Awakening
He takes out his already used chakra blades. Nothing special at all. I still recommeding using it.

Awakening Strat.
Use his justu. It kills guard and does good damage. His v combo is beast at this point. USE IT!!!!

As a Support
Attack.
Same as others. Combos when you combo and Provides strike backs when possible
Balance
Shoots c. shurikens when you do and takes opp u2.
Guard
Same as others. Guards when you load chakra and/or when your opponent c. dashes.

Teams
I personally like Sauske (attack) and orichimaru (balance).

Remember.... Kabuto: the guy with glasses that are never straight.
Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Narutokabuto0071hb0

Thanks for Reading!!!! This is my 3rd guide and i am improving. :D
Be sure to check out my guides on Chiyo and Asuma. I want feedback. But first, look at my asuma guide and read what Skye said. While i do appreciate criticizism, its good to be nice about it.

Last edited by Prostriker on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:48 am

Picture is too big.....I removed it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:04 am

Just saying: His U1 isn't even safe on hit. After hit if they tech they can U2 punish you often.

EDIT: I voted 6-5

Last edited by benfen(TNS) on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:25 am

I like this guide more than your others because it.seems like you actually know somethings about kabuto, though for his tilt you should put.down that its easily punished. I recommend.that you go into the tier discussion thread and read up on kabuto chiyo and asuma for more info
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:08 pm

I agree with Juece, there's alot more work here than the Asuma or Chiyo ones. There's still much more you could do when it comes to fleshing out different strategies and strings you suggest over others. Like what options he has in given scenarios, but like I said you're definitely improving. Also, I agree with DJ, pictures are good, but ginormous ones are no bueno.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:04 pm

I like how the zombie clones of hus U2 spit up sometimes at long range :P
As for his U1 I always thought u recovered just in time of they tech.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Needs more work. No mention of guard pressure done by U2. No mention of U2's lack of priority.
No mention of further team strategies. Dont always have to go for the bonus.

Talk about how unsafe U1 is, give warnings. Use it to finish people off with, I wouldn't advise it doing anything else. Tracking is terribad, no SB, techable, super punishable...

Tilt into U1 is even more unsafe, its just all around bad strategy. Two unsafe moves =/= a good thing.
Grab out of tilt was good, I liked that somewhat though its a little common...

Do more testing, find out what you can and cannot do out of tilt.

Needs more work. More organization.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:12 am

i have to argue about that u1 being unsafe after tilt. I landed it 100% of the time from there at least once per opp. After they learned that trick, then some learn, but i always advise using it if the 1st part of the tilt hits.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:26 am

If I play Shika. The opponent U1's me as Kabuto. He hits. Free U2 for me.

Heck, I play Suigetsu and I still hit a U1 after Chajra Dissection Blade.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:27 am

yea, if u sub it. If you use it after tilt, then it almost always works
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:55 am

/facepalm

Not subbed, teched.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:56 am

but u cant jump from his tilt if the 1st part hits
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:00 am

The tilt itself is unsafe. Free U2 off the bat.
If by some miracle you land the tilt, the opponent can KnJ way from the blade pretty easily...

U1 itself is unsafe, the tilt is as well
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:02 am

alright. i shoulda added this but use tilt after Chakra dash = not unsafe ill add it soon
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:05 am

/major facepalm

If the U1 hits, you can tech in the air before Kabuto can recover. Like, after he hits you into the air. This leavs him open to punishment. He is a GREAT assist, but horrible U1 in normal play.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:44 am

u know wat. ill play you friday (soonest as i can get on) and can u show me this. Im pretty sure im right. (or post a vid)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:50 am

I'm barley ever on but I will prove when I am. Add benfen
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:16 am

i think i know wat ur talking about. But that only works if ur guarding. If it hits, no tech
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:27 am

Yes you can air tech if it hits. I often bait CD's just so I can punish the cooldown off tech.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:33 am

well didnt know that...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:36 am

Most people don't tech anyway.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:34 pm

He is also very dependent on assists if you actually want his u2 to ever hit. Quality > Quantity in these guides pro.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:12 am

i know it does. i actually spent quite a bit of time on these, with numerous edits. In MY opinion Kabuto isnt very support dependant. As stated in the guide he can lands his U2 after his up combo. I have a video of it if you dont belive me
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:33 am

It's possible to do his U2 after his ^ combo. I've done it myself a few times.
Imo Kabuto isn't support dependant if used right (as in: if his moves hit.) On block or if knj'd he is very vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:39 am

You can grab-U2 if the opponent techs, or grab-U1 (VERY VERY VERY BAD IDEA) if they don't tech. ONLY EVER U1 if it's the killing blow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight   Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight Clock14

Back to top Go down

Kabuto: The Dude with Glasses that never stay straight
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next