Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.

Go down 

FEEDBACK. On a scale from 1-10, how helpful was this guide?
10) Perfect guide for a Tenten user ^_^
Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Vote_lcap13%Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
9) Has a lot of helpful info. Organization is superb
Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Vote_lcap25%Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
8) Has a lot of helpful info. Organization needs some work
Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Vote_lcap25%Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
7) An above average guide
 25% [ 2 ]
6) it''s just decent. Nothing special
Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Vote_lcap0%Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
5) has an ok amount of info. Organization needs some work
Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Vote_lcap0%Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4) has an ok amount of info. Somewhat organized
Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Vote_lcap12%Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
3) has little to no info. Somewhat organized
 0% [ 0 ]
2) has little or no info. Unorganized
 0% [ 0 ]
1) uninformative and unorganized
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Empty
PostSubject: Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.   Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Clock14Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:16 am

The official guide to playing an effective Tenten
By: Cuttin_in_town( also the author of the Killer Bee, Temari, Sai, and Neji guides)

Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Tenten-naruto-867765_640_480

Table of Contents

1............................................................Intro

2............................................................Pros & Cons

3............................................................Basic Attacks(non projectile)

4............................................................Projectile Attacks

5............................................................Ninja Tools

6............................................................As Support

7............................................................Air Projectile Combo

8............................................................Awakening

9............................................................Recommended Supports

Tenten.....................................................Conclusion

Extra.......................................................Assistance

Intro
OK, since you clicked this topic, I am assuming you're interested in the character Tenten! However, no matter the reason, I garentee you'll learn a lot from this guide! :D Tenten is a pretty underrated character in this game. Sadly, not many people think she has any assets to bring to the table. They couldn't be more wrong however. Tenten is one of the more unique characters in that she, unlike any other character in the game, should mainly be played from the skies.

Pros & Cons
Pros
1) Has a fair amount of mobility
2) Rarely has to worry about supports
3) Has a semi long range grab
4) Grab starts SB(strike back)
5) Has bombs
6) Good set of offensive ninja tools
7) One of the few characters that can safely play a rushdown game

Cons
1) Dishes out small damage
2) Ground projectile combos have terrible lag
3) Justu has huge lag
4) Some what dependent on supports

Basic Attacks
Ground "O" combo:
----------------------------------------------------------------
6 Hits
6% Damage
---------------------------------------------------------------
Tenten pulls out some mini blades(?) and cuts up her foe for a bit. Easily subbed. Can cancel. Causes SB. The jump she does at the end can dodge potential counter attacks.

Air "O" combo:
6 Hits
4% Damage
Tenten gets her swords out again, and spins around, shredding her enemy. Somewhat easily subbed. Causes SB

Tilt Combo:
5 Hits
7% Damage
Tenten summons a pole and swings it at her foe. She then stabs them twice with it, ending with a 360 pole slap. Some what easily subbed. Can cancel in the beggining portion of the tilt. Causes SB. Can catch enemy supports.

Grab:
11% Damage
Tenten summons a chain and grabs her foe with it. She swings them around cowboy style and slams them to the ground. Long range grab that can catch on the return. Causes SB. Mediocre amount of lag.

note-Her basic attacks are not that great to be honest. Try avoiding them if you can.

Projectile Attacks
Standard square combo:
13 Hits
10% Damage
Tenten summons weapons to attack her enemy. At the end, she summons a demon wind shuriken to topple her enemy. So much lag, it never combos. Causes SB. Because Tenten is busy putting her scroll away at the end, she wouldn't even be able to effectively utilize a SB anyway.

<,> square combo:
20 Hits
15% Damage
--------------------------------------------------------------
Tenten does here basic tool throwing. This time ending by summon several explosive tags in front of her. Slightly longer combo. Can't combo. Tags will stick to the ground if they miss, providing temporary cover. Tags won't hit unless at mid range.

^ square combo:
-------------------------------------------------------------
N/A Hits
12% Damage
-------------------------------------------------------------
Tenten gets drunk and throws a bunch of unaccurate clumps of metal crap every everywhere. I'm honestly wondering what people were thinking when they made this combo. It ends with a land mine so it causes SB. Can't combo. Nothing will hit unless the foe is at long range. NEVER, use this combo.

v square combo:
------------------------------------------------------------
11 Hit
13% Damag
------------------------------------------------------------
Tenten does the usual tool throwing, ending by hurling a spiked iron ball at the enemy. Causes SB. Lifts Tenten in the air.You guessed it, can't combo. Last hit only hits at mid-close- range. This is the only combo I use, personally.

Air square combo:
-----------------------------------------------------------
8 Hits
6% Damage
:D yea, THIS is where Tenten starts getting good. This move is so good, it gets its own section.

Chakra Kunai- Throws the basic grouped shuriken.
Xenochaos1129 wrote:
I would like to add that Ten-Ten's cKunai have a good amount of hit-stun to them. So at a distance you can basically spam them and hold you opponent in place for a guard break.

Ultimate Justu:
30% Damage
Tenten jumps back and lets loose several small spiked balls. If they connect, she continues to summon a gigantic iron ball and crushes her foe. Slow startup. Needs a small ealry start to connect on SB. Her intitial jump away can dodge attacks however.

Justu:
6% Damage per bomb
Tenten summons a few landmines in front of her. Position of mines are random, but formation is always half circle. Has a ton of lag so she can't combo off of it without supports.
glenndevis wrote:
Her jutsu is also useful to punish blocked physical jutsus and dash ultimates.

Ninja tools
Character item- It's Tenten's scroll. The effect is a longer attack boost duration.

< item- Two defense down tags. Used on enemy.

v item- Two food pills. Gives Tenten an attack boost. Shorter duration then character item.

> item- Two Explosive kunai. Causes SB.

As Support
Tenten as support is pretty meh. Her justu gives off a short defense. She's best used to counter enemy supports when attacking an opponent. Her kunais are nothing special. She's more of a "back off" support, so putting her on guard support is not adviced. Her aid combo isn't that nifty either. So overall, you would be better with another support. She only gets a team bonus with Team Guy(Guy, Lee, Neji). Not counting "Leaf _____".

Air Projectile Combo
Here we go! This is what saves Tenten from being a trash character. Because of this combo, Tenten should always be in the skies if allowed. It's a basic three input combo. She summons a couple of tools to harass her enemy. During this, however, she is constantly propelled upward. What does this mean? It means most supports(minus Sakura, Tsunade, and Kakuzu) can't harm her while she's up there. Here combo also sends a deceptive guard lag for the enemy. So while it may look like you can move or throw something mid combo, you're still in guard animation. This is because Tenten's combos each have multi hit properties. This combo is the perfect "stop moving" attack. It also crunches through guards pretty decently. It's also good for mind games. Because each of her throws have minimum lag, you can always cancel her third or second toss, jump back up, and continue the pressure. This forces the enemy to waste chakra subbing, get his/her guard broken, or act wreckless and get hit by the last throw( which takes off a fair amount.....for Tenten). This combo allows Tenten to constantly apply pressure from above.

Awakening
Tenten's awakening is the basic attack pwer up. However, unlike other characters, hers can be useful. While in awakening, everything becomes harder to sub, and your attacks break guards easier. Mix this with Tenten's Godly pressure, and you got an above average awakening. Honestly, keep jumping. Try your hardest to get that air combo to connect. Once you do, it's game over. It eats through guards and deals much more damage. Use you chakra kunais to catch those quick ones. Don't forget you're still just Tenten. You can still be hurt, and sent into SB.

note- using a defense down tag, and any of your attack up items(preferably character item), can greatly aid you in awakening.

Recommended Supports

Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Team-Guy-Tenten-Neji-Rock-Lee-Shippuden

This is all opinion, so don't get worked up over it nah son Basically, since you'll will be most likely applying plenty of pressure, you'll need "in your face" supports. My personal preference are either "hold still" supports(Hidan, Lee) or "guard breaker" supports(Chiyo, Kiba, Shino). This is just my preference however. Choose who you like.

Conclusion
That's the official guide to playing Tenten by Cuttin_in_town! I hope it helped at least a little in playing Tenten. If you have suggestions, ideas, or criticism, please tell me. You'll be helping anyone who wants to play Tenten Smile

Thanks for reading!

Assistance
I don't want to take take credit for something I didn't know, so I will make a portion for info given by members of this board.

Skyler-X wrote:
Forgot to mention that her air combo can be punished by a well-timed dashing U2
Also that her air combo can sometimes cause SB on people who try to dash below her because of some weird broken hitbox...

Lastly, you should mention the ease of landing her U2 and the, since its essentially 4 hits, great guard break capablitiy. If hit no.2 breaks guard, iirc the special still goes through.

Last edited by Cuttin_in_town on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:41 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.   Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Clock14Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:17 am

Please note I'm not done with the guide just yet. Still gotta add some info, and pretty it up a bit.

I'm planning to do a Temari guide as well.

and............I just noticed I spelled gaurd wrong many times >_>
my bad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.   Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Clock14Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:27 pm

I dont think her grab does SB...
Mines iirc aren't "random", its always half-circle unless your walled
Forgot to mention that her air caombo can be punished by a well-timed dashing U2
Also that her air combo can sometimes cause SB on people who try to dash below her because of some weird broken hitbox...

Lastly, you should mention the ease of landing her U2 and the, since its essentially 4 hits, great guard break capablitiy. If hit no.2 breaks guard, iirc the special still goes through.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.   Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Clock14Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:33 pm

Skyler-X wrote:
Forgot to mention that her air caombo can be punished by a well-timed dashing U2

yeah it does skye. And i would know. Everything ten-ten does goes into a SB. That makes her amazing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.   Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Clock14Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:41 pm

my mistake then.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.   Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Clock14Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:48 am

Skyler-X wrote:

Sorry, I meant random as in, the position the mines come out. Like sometimes, there's a mine directly in front of her, while other times, she leaves a gap for people to come through.

Also, I didn't even know about the other stuff. Mainly how her U2( Getting used to yall terminology) is a good guard breaker. Probally because I never use it unless it's a SB. I'll add the info the next time I get on my comp to finish this up visually( I'm on my wii right now). Which should be probably tomorrow. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.   Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Clock14Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:52 am

I would like to add that Ten-Ten's cKunai have a good amount of hit-stun to them. So at a distance you can basically spam them and hold you opponent in place for a guard break.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.   Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Clock14Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:26 pm

I like ranged characters and i like Deidara and Tenten the most.
Her jutsu is also useful to punish blocked physical jutsus and dash ultimates.
I hate the lag after it tho. =l Kinda wastes the point of the jutsu (which is keeping the enemy on distance giving u some time imo.)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.   Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Clock14Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:25 pm

I added a little feedback portion at the top. So if yall could just pick one of the choices, it would be helpful
and thank you for the info
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.   Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Clock14Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:13 am

So, I main Tenten and found out some useful information. Do you mind if i post it here?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.   Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Clock14Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:03 am

Remember you can link her U1 into a U2 just like kakashi! Extremely useful!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.   Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Clock14Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:30 pm

Ziiko wrote:
Remember you can link her U1 into a U2 just like kakashi! Extremely useful!
Not if it's a direct hit. It only works if they get hit after tenten used it.
They can also tech it so I doubt it would be that useful in a real fight.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.   Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Clock14Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:26 pm

Johnthepenguin wrote:
So, I main Tenten and found out some useful information. Do you mind if i post it here?

Well, yea. I always like extra info. I made this guide a while ago...so I pretty much left out some secret things.
If I can stop being lazy, I'll edit it... Dead
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.   Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Clock14Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Ok, thanks. And "Tenten gets drunk and throws a bunch of unaccurate clumps of metal crap every everywhere" (Cuttin_in_town) that had me laughing. well heres the info, It's set up in bullet format:

- Up combo can hit support (rarely) if they use it when she is spinning
- Jutsu stops rushers and most other jutsu
- Tilt better than normal close combo
- Air combo (ranged) breaks guard fast and shoots a lot of weapons
- Side combo can hit side steppers sometimes and if the opponent is in the air when she shoots the bomb kunai they home in, think of 3-5 shikamaru chakra shurikens except they have some tracking and normal priority. Can chain this into her air combo (like Deidara but a slightly longer transition).
- Grab has good range and can hit the opponent in the middle of a team ultimate (with timing but I wouldn’t risk it)
- Can cancel tilt after the 2 stabs into ranged (I recommend the down or neutral one)
- Can cancel sword attack after the 2nd hit (same attacks as above)
- Jutsu blocks fireballs even when still on the floor. Can also atop rushing attacks (ex. Rasengan) and the such. Blocks most projectile Jutsu.
- Use slow combos to your advantage, the opponent will think the combo ended and (if your close, I recommend the down combo) will try to grab, use jutsu, ect, and will get hit with a weapon to the face
- Jutsu takes out support (especially Hidan) because the bombs will hit the support and cancel the attack
- When your opponent awakens, that’s your chance, they usually get over confident and forget they lose there support. All of Tentens combos hurt awakenings with ease if they don’t block or move out the way. If the opponent has susano'o keep using jutsu and close range (normal because it gets you behind him) attacks to kill it.
- Against puppet users (and dashers) jump and attack (long range one), it kills their guard.
- Tentens U2 goes through most things, even fireballs. take advantage of the fact that she jumps during it for moves like sand tsunami but this wont work on rasengan. also great for U2 that set up a shield type thing (like itachi’s), flying ones like Sai’s or Deidara’s, or stationary ones (like Chiyo's). Gets through chakra shuriken with some timing.
- During awakening use her neutral or air combo. The neutral breaks guard during the demon wind shuriken and the air combo will most likely do the same if everything hits.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.   Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Clock14Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:57 pm

She has a pretty good short hop attack, with little lag, and the air combo is hard to KNJ + it causes SB = Great pressuring when close.

Against dashers, jump and air k combo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.   Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide. Clock14

Back to top Go down

Ten steps to a 20-20 Tenten! The Tenten guide.
Page 1 of 1