Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you have UNS1?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:49 pm

Who all had uns1? I know of a couple people, but I want to know how many more have it.
I still love this game and I want to get some discussions started.
So if you have it just post here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:19 pm

i dont.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:42 pm

i was saving up money for a ps3 but by the time I saved enough storm 2 had an announced release date...so i waited for it...so no
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:11 am

Lo, I wish I had more people to talk about UNS1 with lol.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:53 am

its somewhere around my house
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:04 am

I have the game it is really more balanced then storm 2.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:02 am

Yeah. I kind of like it more than UNS2.

Also, it bugs me when I see people saying that uns2 is better than the first, because it most definitely is not.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:03 am

my friends told me people sucked more at the first than the 2nd...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:56 am

Wait... Number one is better? Why the hell did I get number two then? How is it better?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:54 am

I had UNS1, but I traded it in after awhile.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:01 am

We have the second one because its online.

The first one is more balanced, except for like itachi.
It doesn't have U3, which I think is a downside to the second one because its OP.
And in order to hit with a U2 you have to beat your opponent in button inputs.
Also A modes aren't OP. Except Itachi's A mode slows time which is banned. And Pajama Naruto gets a shit load of health back in A mode so his is banned too. Knj isn't as easy to do in the first one. And as far as I know, you cant sub out of hitstun and combos are not virtually useless like they pretty much are in uns2.

Aside from gameplay, the story mode imo was better. It had boss battles AND minigames plus 3d free roam.
The mingames are great, its got the tree running exercise, konohamaru hide n go seek, the shadow clone launch challenges, and the forest races.

The boss battles were actually pretty fun. They're not as elaborate as some of the boss battles in UNS2, but theres not as many button inputs, its mostly free fighting. Not to mention some of the exclusive chars like Kimimaru and the 4th. You could also pick Some chars in their awakened modes and have awakened fights like curse mark sasuke vs kyubi naruto or 8 gates guy or lee, curse mark kimimaru, etc.

It also had support char DLC. And everyone has multiple jutsus/combos. You could have a support character do a combo rather than a jutsu. Plus the items were better. Kabuto has a sleep tag, temari has a chakra seal tag which prevents you from using any chakra for a little while, and you know how shika is the only one in UNS2 who can throw ftags as his cKunai? Well like 4 people have that in uns1. And sometimes I swear the graphics are better in UNS1 lol.

The only thing that UNS2 has on UNS1 is online and more characters. In UNS1 there is no SB or support types. And you can fight on the walls. And theres a special attack to hit downed opponents that everyone has (dont know why they took it out). You can use supports in A mode, and its pretty fair since A mode isn't really OP at all. Nothing is unblockable except for some fully charged jutsus but you can still knj.

I really recommend this game cuz its really fun. It would have a better chance at gamebattles than uns2. Even though I love uns2, its just too unbalanced in terms of gameplay to make it into gamebattles w/o a miracle.

One of my goals is to get some offline uns1 tourneys goin. Cuz that game is beast.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:07 am

dunno how ur getting an OFFLINE tourney going.....but......go for it?
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:09 am

...rent out a rec center room for a day, set up some tvs and have a tourney....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:14 am

well.... there would be alot of ppl that would do it....
And then you would only need 1 copy of the game right?
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:19 am

I would have some players bring in their copies and ps3s so we can have multiple matches going on at once.
Same for TVs unless the rec center had enough.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:21 am

well good luck....im in LA
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:22 am

Well...good luck. Itd b tough to get every1 to get together though
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:14 pm

I have Nuns1. But i live in Europe (Belgium.)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:01 pm

I have NUNS1.
But hate it for the following reasons:

To many characters got shafted in the awakening department
Itachi was broken(Kabuto is too. But without online, I can't prove it)
Broken items(anyone with chakra seals or sleep tags were better)
Too many people had gambit cards as chakra kunai(a part as to why Kabuto is broken)
Some characters had no possible way to land their U2s(Kiba, Shikamaru, Temari ect)
It awarded run aways even more because you no longer could do the chakra dash---> support trick for damage
The retarded mini game for U2s made it about who could press buttons faster, negating the skill it took to do the U2 in the first place.
Had support only characters(ASUMA)
Boss battles were all the same
Tedious way of getting characters/justu.
Skipped arcs(No Zabuza or Haku?)
Substituting took seemingly 1% chakra

But I will admit, it did have multiple justu per character and the 2nd chuunin exam stage.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:07 am

Awakenings were not really a big part of the gameplay anyway. Plus you could still U2 and use supports while in A mode.
So most people awakenings were just like get a big power up. Also how is Kabuto broken? Nothing about him is broken.

Sleeps tags are not broken.

Only two people have a sleep tag.
They only have one each.
You can block a sleep tag.
You have supports to save you from an attack if you get hit by a sleep tag.
Plus the sleep doesn't even last long.

Chakra seals are more annoying but far from broken.
Imo chakra seal is the best thing the game could add. You could actual do combos without worrying about your opponent knjing. Its not broken because:

Only 3 people have seals.
They only have one each.
The seal lasts roughly 10 counts. Thats long enough to get like 2-3 combos in. (Thats if they don't block) You may get like 1 combo if they do block.
A shield taking combo damage would break after about 5 counts. So you have time to get like 1 or two quick combos in, and only one combo if the cinema is long.
You can block for most of the seals duration, plus you have supports to back you up.

The only time that these seals may even seem broken is when you have no supports and just get unlucky.
If you get hit with a sleep tag with no supports, you are most likely going to eat a U1 or a U2. The seal is kind of the same. If your shield breaks and you have no supports after getting hit by a chakra seal, you can get comboed or U1/U2. It takes skill to effectively use these tags, I wouldn't dare call them broken.

Gambit cards? Lol you're talking about the fire tags. Not that many people have them...
Sakura, Tsunade, Kabuto, Shika, and Guy have them. Thats only five people out the twenty-five playable characters.

Not broken because:
cKunai ftags do less damage than regular ftag item damage.
They do the same damage as a full hit from a giant shuriken. Which many people have as their cKunai. I don't think you would call those people with giant shurikens broken.

Fire tags don't make characters broken. It just adds to their strategy. I wouldn't say that these characters are broken or even the best.
Also I think its more fair that multiple chars have them, so its not exclusive to just one char like shika in UNS2.

I cant say much for Shikas U2 because I don't play as him much, so I don't know any strategies for landing one.
But kibas U2 is just like neji, itachi and hinata's. I don't see how that would be impossible to land. You can use a support to help you get the hit or you can punish after knj. Temari's isn't bad either. Hers is long range and can track, so you can punish after knj better.

Theres always ways to punish 'runaways.' You can put pressure on them for a shield break with combo supports and U1s. People have speed tags so you can run faster and catch up to your opponent. Basically you were just complaining about turtles. Even the cdash to support isn't too reliable in uns2 because people knj cdashes.

The "retarded mini game" is a button pressing event. If you were familiar with naruto games, then you would know its not the first time they have added it to a game. The button pressing event prevents constant U2 spam. Plus it takes skill itself to be good at pressing all the buttons, its takes true hand eye coordination.

The jutsu thing is just your opinion, which you're entitled to. All I have to say on that is that the developers more than likely made it that way so people would play story mode and not just skip it and only play free battle.

The support only characters are DLC from the psn store. I can understand how it would disappoint you that they are not playable characters but I was satisfied with them as supports. They really add to the game. Unlike UNS2, UNS1 actually had DLC, if you don't remember, Pajama Naruto was another DLC, which was Naruto in his pajamas and he had a new Awakening mode. Thats way more DLC than UNS2 will ever see.

I cant say I'm a fan of the boss battles, and yes they were a bit repetitive. But hey, no game is perfect.
As you can see, CC2 was not too concerned with the boss battles but more with the gameplay and other features. It seems like that flipped when they made the sequel.

I agree with you on haku and zabuza, rest in peace, they're my favorite duo from the series.

Although I cannot agree with you at all on the chakra. Knj takes out more than 1 percent.
It takes 19 knjs to deplete your chakra bar. Thats not 1 percent each. Thats like 5 percent.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:48 pm

Kabuto was broken because he can never die. His awakening healed him even past his red bar. Since he had gambit cards, he can easily just run away, and toss one at you if you try to attack. He heals for however long he wants, then when he wants, attack. Only to run and heal again if you get his HP low again. He can heal to full HP btw.

Sleep tags mean a free U2. and since the people who had them (Ino and Oro) had fairly long range U2's, simply tossing one when your enemy makes a mistake, means free U2. No way you can send out a support in time to save you.

Chakra seals only could be dodged. I know Itachi and Temari had one.....can't remember the third. But mix the fact that you can't sub anything from combos to throws is really good. Course, the seal isn't that bad, only really overpowering in the fact that they gave it to Itachi, as if he wasn't good enough.

It's not the damage that the gambit cards do that are broken, but the fact they knock you to the ground. The characters you mentioned can just have a "back off" free card. It's hard enough to get in close, but then they just throw one any time to catch their breathe. One reason why I hate Shika in this game. You can't do anything without being infuriated by the annoying knockdown.

Kiba's U2 is too slow to punish on sub. As are Neji, Hinata and Itachi's. However, unlike the other three, Kiba's isn't unblockable. So he can't throw some kunai rains or use the 1st to combo into his U2. He had nothing. Temari suffers from hers being so slow. Even the travel speed is slow if I remember right.

Combo supports were complete trash. They back off as long as you block the initial air dash. And since they come out and announce themselves first, you can't really sneak them in. Runaways dominate in both games. But you can atleast have a chance in this game. In the first one, you have no chance at all to beat runaways. Mainly the ones with gambit cards.

I know the mini game is in other Naruto games. Doesn't mean I liked it in thoses games either. Does it take skill to be good at it? Maybe. But does it really help or harm the game more? I break my self finally pulling off Shika's U2, but wait! The guy I'm fighting does some dual finger jamming technique to cancel my U2? It makes characters with U2's that are hard to pull off in the first place more useless(in U2). Why should I try to land a U2 if I know there's a chance I won't land it.....even if I land it? It harms more then it helps in balance is what I'm saying. Example was a real story btw.

I woulda liked the story mode if there wasn't so many side missions that I had to do....some of them should be optional.

I'd rather have no DLC then DLC that teases me. The sound 4, first and secong hokage, Asuma and Kurenai all had at least one combo and justu, and a model. They couldn't just add them as playable? And the only difference in PJ Naruto was that his awakening had a "U2 me!" sign on it. Waste of DLC if you ask me.

I said seemingly. I can't count how many times I thought since their chakra meter had an inch left I could safely combo. Nope, they sub anyway. It sure seems like 1%....however even 5% is too low.

I will admit though, I overused the term "broken". But I still hate the game with a passion. If it was mine, I would sell it. I mean, it's fun if you and your opponent don't abuse anything(like this game). But when they do, it's just so tiresome for me. nah son
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:45 am

Cuttin is really making me rethink getting this game.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:26 am

No no, don't do that, get it if you want. It's really just my opinion about most of it. If you want it, get it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:11 pm

I agree with cuttin! I'm just not committed enough to rant
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:01 pm

Sorry I wasn't able to present a counter argument sooner, I've been busy with school work.

Anyway, don't listen to cuttin about UNS1. I take it he hasn't played in a while, so he doesn't really know all too well what hes talking about. I play UNS1 regularly so I know what this game is all about.

First off lemme start by stating that there is nothing broken in this game except for two things. Itachi and PJ Naruto's A modes. Not even the characters themselves, their A modes. To think otherwise is absurd.

Quote :
Kabuto was broken because he can never die. His awakening healed him even past his red bar. Since he had gambit cards, he can easily just run away, and toss one at you if you try to attack. He heals for however long he wants, then when he wants, attack. Only to run and heal again if you get his HP low again. He can heal to full HP btw.

This entire statement is almost completely incorrect. The only thing that is true is whats highlighted in yellow.
Before I talk about Kabuto, let me first compare him to his 'broken' successor; PJ Naruto. PJ Naruto's A mode, like Kabutos, is a health gaining A mode. There are two major differences between PJN's A mode and Kabuto's. One; Naruto is asleep throughout the duration of the A mode, and two; he gets twice as much health back. It baffled me how you thought Kabuto was broken for his A mode without even mentioning PJN.

Quote :
And the only difference in PJ Naruto was that his awakening had a "U2 me!" sign on it. Waste of DLC if you ask me.

Ah yes, thats what you said. You mentioned earlier than that, that U2 was not even worth trying to land because of the "retarded mini game," so I find it humorous that you would use U2 in your own argument in an attempt to prove me wrong. I can tell you about the many ways to use PJN's A mode in a safe way and get the maximum health return, but that would be a waste of your time because you don't even like the game.

So I'll just go on to say that Kabuto is not broken, because he can die just as easily as anyone else. Yes his A mode could heal him past his red bar, but thats only because he can use his A mode as soon as his health drops to red. His A mode gives him back half a bar; a total of about 17%(Oh btw for those who don't know, UNS1 has three bars instead of two, like in UNS2), so if he has more than 17% health left, then yes, his health will rise past the red bar. Fact: Kabuto cannot heal for as long as he wants. Contrary to popular belief, Kabuto can only heal for 10 counts. Kabuto, like every other char, has to wait for the 'Power Down' time (that happens after all A modes) to end before he can use it again. During this time, his attack and def has been lowered. Theres enough time to take off more than 17% health.

I didn't highlight the last sentence of that quote because, even though it is true, it would never happen in a real battle. Kabuto can keep using A mode, but he gets 17% back in 10 counts. So it would take 4 A modes (if his health was no lower than the red bar) to get him to full health again. Thats 40 counts worth of A mode, plus the power down time which is also 10 counts. So that means it would take 80 counts for Kabuto to fully restore his health. In a 99 count match, you would have to get him to red pretty fast for him to be able to restore all that health. You would have to suck at the game to let him use A mode that many times and you must also be so horrible that you couldn't get anymore damage off of him for the rest of the match. So yeah, that whole idea is unrealistic.

Lol since I wrote so damn much for the Kabuto argument, I guess I can keep the rest slim.

The sleep tags don't always mean a free U2. Since item canceling into a U2 doesnt work in UNS1, you have to wait for the whole item throwing animation to be over. So a victim of Ino's sleep tag could easily have a support char save him from her U2 (which she HAS to do from a distance since it will NOT land from pointblank range). Orochimaru has a better chance at landing a free U2 than Ino. And so what? Hes only one person, hes not OP so the free U2 is an asset to him. He only has 1 sleep tag, so thats only ONE free U2. Nothing wrong with that. Shika can cdash to U2/U3 multiple times (And you think UNS1 is broken? Lmfao).

Okay seals. Itachi is banned, so using him in an argument is useless. Tags for Hinata and Temari help them lots. Nothing OP about it. You can block Temari's U1 and U2 so the seal doesn't give her a free U2. You cant block Hinata's, but since you still have supports and can move freely, you shouldn't have a problem avoiding it.

You complaining about "gambit cards (lol)" is like any scrub complaining about turtles and spammers and just plain getting whooped. I don't know how I can explain to you how fire tags are not broken, because its just common fact. Its like trying to explain to someone how a turtle is slow, it just is. Nothing wrong with firetags. If you're getting raped buy them, then get good. Thats a personal problem, not a problem on CC2's part.

Quote :
Kiba's U2 is too slow to punish on sub. As are Neji, Hinata and Itachi's. However, unlike the other three, Kiba's isn't unblockable. So he can't throw some kunai rains or use the 1st to combo into his U2.

Lmao, if you get kunai rained into a U2 regularly, you just suck, and you should probably stop playing the game because you suck so bad. But anyway, all chars have ways to get their attacks in. Kiba's U2 could easily punish someone trapped in a combo after you knj (of course if they were close enough). As for Temari, her U2 is slow enough not to be used regularly, but fast enough to punish someone who just made a mistake, ie doing a long combo after you knj'd it, or if you have a support to keep them in place, ie your friendly neighborhood spiderman (Kidomaru lol).

OK this is getting long, time to wrap this up. Combo supports are not trash, if you used them right (in the middle of one of your own combos). The button pressing event before U2s does take skill. Hand eye coordination and all that jazz. Story mode is subjective to everyone's opinion, even I didn't like it that much. The DLC gave you usable support chars, support chars that changed the game entirely. You could do things you couldn't do before with the new supports. If you cant be happy with that, I cant help ya. I counted myself and it takes aprox. 5% to knj. If it took 1% then you could knj 100 times before losing all your chakra, but I did the test and it was 19, not 100.

My guess is that you are not very good at UNS1, and you ended up blaming the game for your loses. Its a common practice that is being done by millions of gamers everywhere.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Do you have UNS1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have UNS1?   Do you have UNS1? Clock14

Back to top Go down

Do you have UNS1?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next