Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Empty
PostSubject: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:40 pm

So, you want to step in to the darkness and become a Sasuke "Taka" user? Well you've come to the right place, this will teach anyone a couple of tips and tricks to use with Sasuke!

Into the depths of Darkness...The General Guide to Sasuke "Taka"

Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Sasuke13

A) Pros and Cons
B) Abilities
C) Supports
D) Awakening
E) Gameplay

A) Pros and Cons: The Light and Dark of the Mangekyou

PROS:

- Quick movements
- Chakra Shuriken throws a continuous line of Shuriken, good for pressure
- Grab has a wide range and is quick
- Mid-combo teleport
- Good ninja tools, can create a big difference in speed

CONS:

- Chakra Shuriken are easily subbed
- Battle strategy is very combo reliant
- No easy attacks that cause strike back
- U2 is utterly slow

B) Abilities: The sky is the limit for a hawk

Attack (Strings/Combos, Grab and Tilt)

- The most notable thing about Sasuke's combos is his habit of sweeping behind or around his target. This gives him some defense against Substitutions (KnJ) and he can also move to the opponent, even from across the screen with his Neutral B/O combo. This means that even if the opponent subs out of your attack, continue to mash B/O in order to teleport to the unsuspecting opponent who is most likely preparing to U2/U1 you.

- After Glow (Grab). Sasuke forms a wave of electricity in front of him. It has a wide range which will catch anyone attempting to combo or dash at Sasuke from the sides or directly in front. It's not too special, it will leave the opponent on the ground and it will put some distance between you two for chakra recovery/ninja tool usage.

- Chidori Sharp Spear (Tilt). On it's own difficult to use, but if you happen to land it, the second strike will send the opponent into the air; a perfect set up for a U3 or U1 if you're quick enough.

Projectiles (Shuriken, Kunai etc.)

- Normal Shuriken: Throws a couple of Shuriken, 3-4, an average amount.

- Chakra Suriken: Sasuke throws a line of lightning infused shuriken. They are fast and there are a lot. This is useful to interrupt enemy strategies. From a distance the last few have good homing, which means the opponent will need to use Ninja Movement for that much longer. it's very easily substituted, in other words it's mostly used for pressure.

Ninja Tools

- 360 Up D-Pad / PS3 Up D-Pad Akatsuki Robe: Raises defense for a set period of time. (x1)
- 360 Left D-Pad / PS3 Left D-Pad Speed Down Tag: Throws a tag, if hits, decreases opponents speed for a set period of time. (x2)
- 360 Down D-Pad / PS3 Down D-Pad Speed Up Food Pills: Increases speed for a set period of time. (x2)
- 360 Right D-Pad / PS3 Right D-Pad Floating Kunai: Three floating bags are thrown and explode after 2 counts. (x2)

Jutsu (U1 & U2)

- Chidori. He will dash towards the opponent with Chidori. Quick, with good homing, good distance and cannot be jumped over. It is also one of the fastest running jutsu's. It should be noted that it does a relatively small amount of damage. It drops the enemy down right in front of you.

- Chidori Blade. Charge Chidori by holding the B/O button for a few more seconds and Sasuke will teleport-dash in a linear fashion towards the opponent and stabs them with the Chidori infused blade, then kicks them away. He has partial invulnerability with this dash and it causes SB. This move is very easily blocked by skilled players, and has a lot of lag if blocked, so it is recommended to use Sasuke's right directional pad Ninja tool (Floating Kunai) for some defense.

- Amaterasu. A black flame tracks the opponent down for a short distance then bursts. This move is very slow and cannot be hit after SB. After it's initiation, if you are hit it will still track the opponent. Also, this move has priority over U3's and goes through Defensive Circle Jutsu's (Pain, Hinata and Neji). Be careful though and measure the distance careful in order to figure out if you have enough time to successfully counter the U3. Remember, there is quite a bit of start up time before the flame is is released.

C) Supports: Even within the darkness, allies are needed...

Attack - Attack supports assist in combos and perform the almighty strike-back. I recommend using attack supports for Sasuke due to his reliance on combos. They will join in on the attack and make substituting a bit more difficult. Especially for those who are used the timing of his attacks.

Guard - Guard supports will guard you when you charge chakra. They will stop an enemies Chakra Dash leaving them open for punishment. Also good to have if the opponent doesn't give you a chance to awaken, blocking all projectiles.

Balance - Balance supports will throw Chakra Kunai when you throw your Chakra Kunai. A balance support will take a U2 attack for you, although they will become unusable for a while. With Ino and Chiyo as supports no one will be able to get near you. (Or anyone with exceptional Chakra Kunai)

D) Awakening: Mangekyou Sharingan!

Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Taka_a12

Sasuke 'Taka' awakens the Mangekyou Sharingan. Him and his attacks are now enhanced with lightning element making them harder to substitute and do more damage. The duration is average, if a variety of moves are used. Although if one chooses to spam Amaterasu it will deplete rapidly giving you only a few shots (4-5).

Jutsu (U1)

Amaterasu. Sasuke uses the divine technique received from awakening his Mangekyou Sharingan. The small black flame will track the opponent for a very long time and erupt on impact. Does a lot of damage even on block. Sasuke grabs his eye in pain leaving him wide open for attacks, although the opponent will usually be too busy trying to dodge Amaterasu.

E) Gameplay

Credit to Cinik for the gameplay video!

Overall Sasuke Taka is a good character with a deadly arsenal of attacks. He has some safety in his neutral B/O combo and very fast techniques.

Credits

- cinik for the gameplay video. DZCinik's Channel
- Ziiko for the U2 priority information. U3 Info *Finished*

Last edited by Rdmaster on Fri May 06, 2011 8:43 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:01 am

Lol you posted this in "Pain," but don't worry I moved this to TS.

This is all good information, but I wouldn't call this a guide. A guide taps into possible strategies for the characters, suggests techniques, and elaborates more on the pros and cons.

Your pros and cons are a bit general and dont really tell the reader what I think you want them to know.
It kind of leaves them wondering.

Also I think you guys (to people who have made guides) are too closely borowing from cinik's guides.

Rdmaster wrote:
Attack - Attack supports assist in combos and perform the almighty strike-back. I recommend having at least one attack support when playing as Sasori [Lolwut]; possibly 2 if your strategy calls for it. I recommend using attack supports for Sasuke due to his reliance on combos. They will join in on the attack and make substituting a bit more difficult. Especially for those who are used the timing of his attacks.
cinik wrote:

Attack – Attack supports assist in combos and perform the almighty strike-back. I recommend having at least one attack support when playing as Sasori; possibly 2 if your strategy calls for it. Sasori can take advantage of SB very well. His U1, grab, and bomb ball items all cause strike back. Once the SB hits, it is possible to grab the victim out of the air (possibly causing another strike back if you have 2 attack supports) or catch them with a U2/U3.

Last edited by [DJ] on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:02 am

I fixed mine so i avoid the finger of accusation
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:07 am

Oh sorry about that and thanks.

Yeah, I figured Cinik had a good guide so I followed his guidelines. So I utterly failed my first attempt at a guide, huh?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:15 am

Not utterly. My first guide was nothing special either.
I do appreciate that you noted the time difference between ammy spam and regular.

Minus a minor typo and a bit of lacking content, I think this is a great start for a guide.
Be sure to mention that Taka's chidori is (iirc) the fastest jutsu from point blank.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:17 am

I wouldn't call it a failure. But this is more of an overview of TS' attributes than a guide.
Don't get me wrong I completely appreciate the contribution, you have my respect for that.
But just try to be more original.

Lol I'm basically the grandfather of these guides, I'm pretty sure my analysis on Asuma in the Tier List thread inspired the whole "Pros Cons" that Skye first used in his Kank guide and then cinik and so on.

I would suggest rewording the title to "An Assessment of TS" or "TS Attributes" or something of the like.
Its not really a guide, plus "The General Guide to _______ " is getting boring and overused.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:19 am

Skyler-X wrote:

Be sure to mention that Taka's chidori is (iirc) the fastest jutsu from point blank.

Yeah Chidori is the fastest running justsu. Not the fastest of all though, but pretty up there. I believe Shika has the fastest U1

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:26 am

[DJ] wrote:
I wouldn't call it a failure. But this is more of an overview of TS' attributes than a guide.
Don't get me wrong I completely appreciate the contribution, you have my respect for that.
But just try to be more original.

Lol I'm basically the grandfather of these guides, I'm pretty sure my analysis on Asuma in the Tier List thread inspired the whole "Pros Cons" that Skye first used in his Kank guide and then cinik and so on.

I would suggest rewording the title to "An Assessment of TS" or "TS Attributes" or something of the like.
Its not really a guide, plus "The General Guide to _______ " is getting boring and overused.

As for the bolded part, I've been making guides since the beginning of Kank. You inspired nothing of mine, fool!
DATTEBAYO! CREDIT WHERE CREDIT ISN'T DUE! rage

But yeah, put an original name before the "the general guide to blank"

Like "Mangeyko Sharingan! The general guide to Sasuke"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:29 am

Ill try! Thank you for the advice!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:36 am

good job on the guide anyways... i learned alot.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:59 am

If that's not good enough, then you can do with it as you please. I copied Cinik's in order to keep a consistence guide type that is unique to this forum and one that new users can follow. I apologize for all the trouble, I will try to learn from it and try again sometime soon.

And thank you Apoc, Im glad it helped!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:05 am

its okay man. a guide is a guide. Doesn't matter if its different or if its lacking things. Or copied to maintain it the same type as another. Nobody is perfect. Mine was short as hell. Aren't we supposed to help each other, the point of a guide anyway?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:44 am

Calm down, rd. I like the new title, and the format is fine and dandy, just be sure to word it yourself and not copy paste their sayings.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:04 am

Will do boss man. Sorry if I sounded a little defensive/aggressive, it's just I spent a lot of time on it and was trying different things out in the field against online foes to determine whether a move was practical or not.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:17 am

Its fine. Its our job at Arashi to make everything useful.
Smile Now do one for sasori. We want more than one guide per character.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:16 am

nah son Beginning of Kank huh, inspired none eh. k Syke.

The word "General" in titles is overused and what I think needs to be left out. "Basic" perhaps?
Online thesaurus exist people.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:45 am

[DJ] wrote:
nah son Beginning of Kank huh, inspired none eh. k Syke.

The word "General" in titles is overused and what I think needs to be left out. "Basic" perhaps?
Online thesaurus exist people.

Yes DJ, I've been writing guides since clash of ninja 2 when kank was first released.
My format is all my own, pros and cons have been there forever for every guide.

Also general is fitting. "Basic" means its for beginners
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:13 pm

[DJ] wrote:
Yeah Chidori is the fastest running justsu.

Are you sure about this? Testing I did a while back seems to suggest otherwise. Chidori seems slower than Naruto, SM Naruto, Minato, and Kakashi's U1s at point blank (I was testing U1 punishes versus instant aerials on block).

Also of note is that my attempts at wakeup U1 with Kakashi are almost never blocked, whereas my attempts with Taka Sasuke almost always are, which further supports that Sasuke's U1 is slower (it's possible this is due to Chidori being louder and more obvious during startup). There is also only one point in Taka Sasuke's combos where his U1 actually combos despite him having multiple stagger points in his combos, which again implies that it is slow.

So my question is, why do you think it's the fastest?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Skyler-X wrote:
Its fine. Its our job at Arashi to make everything useful.
Smile Now do one for sasori. We want more than one guide per character.

Hm? So it'd be fine if I made a second Shino, Deidara, and Hidan guide? As long as it's different?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:24 pm

yeppers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:27 am

Kakashi wakeup U1 is godly, TS wakeup U1 is meh. I think he means on startup. Kakashi and the Rasengans need to charge up for longer.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:34 am

benfen(TNS) wrote:
Kakashi wakeup U1 is godly, TS wakeup U1 is meh. I think he means on startup. Kakashi and the Rasengans need to charge up for longer.

I was referring to startup because the active frames for a move's hitbox only occur after startup. I'm pretty sure the startup animation for Chidori is the longest out of the ones I mentioned (which is why it hits the slowest when I was trying to punish an instant aerial on block). Travel speed isn't really a factor since I was doing the aerials from point blank.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:49 am

Chidori takes longest...?

You've lost me. Meh. Feel free to argue without me.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:16 am

mention his mid-string teleports. lol
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:01 am

I love using TS maybe i should make a guide umad? His combos are his strongest. Learning how to use his mid string tele-port is the key.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.   Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information. Clock14

Back to top Go down

Into the depths of Darkness...Sasuke's (Taka) Moveset and General Information.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next