Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Empty
PostSubject: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 1:33 am

I like using Sage Mode Naruto (Hokage Costume) a lot. But of course some things actually suck about him. His combos. Those are so easy to KNJ out of. While if they hit they do plenty of damage, it's rather hard to make a full combo on a human player. If someone does KNJ out of his combo, him and his shadow clones are still jumping around punching and kicking air! Obviously, it's an instant Ultimate in your back. Next I move on to True Wind Style: RasenShuriken. If you're doing a really good combo on someone and you want to finish it, it would be very hard if you wanted finish wth RasenShuriken. The start-up for the ultimate is very quick, but he must pull back then throw the RasenShuriken. If he threw and missed or his opponent blocks, he still has to wait after his cool-down. You see, after Naruto throws the RasenShuriken he must stand back up and cross his arms. Then he can start to normally move around again. If the RasenShuriken hits, well, Good Job. I guess I'm done ranting now...

(If I offended anyone in my ranting about the moveset of this character, I am sorry.) Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? 519190
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 2:17 am

sakuras uj = Facepalm
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 2:23 am

itachi's combos could be better other than that i dont rly have a problem
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 2:44 am

they shouldve kept orochimaru's u2 from uns1. his combos are okay but his u1 is horrible. hes my 4th main
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 3:02 am

choji doesnt have an instakill attack :qr:
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 4:17 am

Bobroham wrote:

Do you ever make a meaningful post?

I wish that Deis grab was faster. It would improve him as a character.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 4:24 am

Who is Deis?

Hinata's combos >.> (and her impossible-to-hit-anyone-but-a-noob awakening)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 4:36 am

Deidara.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 7:43 am

Shikamaru:

Whenever I U1 I get painfully subbed and U2'd int he back. Same with his damn combo's.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 8:00 am

[DJ] wrote:
Bobroham wrote:

Sure I do, but this thread isn't exactly meaningful in the first place... depending on your definition of meaningful.

I suppose I could rephrase it to say that he doesn't really have many downsides but I really didn't expect people to be so confused by my comment. I admit that it wasn't exactly what the original post asked for but from what I've seen almost every thread goes a little off topic at times but that shouldn't even be considered off topic as it was technically answering what the OP asked.

I would also like to add that his combos are worthless against awakenings.

Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Eloquentdisdan
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 8:11 am

Bobroham wrote:
[DJ] wrote:
Bobroham wrote:

Sure I do, but this thread isn't exactly meaningful in the first place... depending on your definition of meaningful.

I suppose I could rephrase it to say that he doesn't really have many downsides but I really didn't expect people to be so confused by my comment. I admit that it wasn't exactly what the original post asked for but from what I've seen almost every thread goes a little off topic at times but that shouldn't even be considered off topic as it was technically answering what the OP asked.

I would also like to add that his combos are worthless against awakenings.

Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Eloquentdisdan

choji has a pretty bad u2 and the way you fire his u1 its like your asking to get hit my u2s Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Eloquentdisdan
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 8:13 am

tobi: his combos are very easily KNJable. his grab, jutsu, ultimate, tilt, and combo's are punishable by most ultimates.
Tobi da bess.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 9:41 am

Sasori's U2 isn't really used by me unless it's a SB. If I use it any other time, someone KNJs then U2s me instead. Stupid block of iron without any homing. Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? 655538
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 9:56 am

Pein's horrible cooldown time after U1 if used unsuccessfully.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 12:06 pm

naruto 9t combos & tilt Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? 3398999516
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 3:27 pm

Lol some changes would make some characters even more OP than they are already.

About my mains:
Deidara:
Slow grab, bad tilt and awakening.

Faster grab, faster spiders that stay on the field for a longer time. You should be able to control Deidara during his tilt to dodge shurikens and stuff.
Awakening: tilt should cover a much larger range, Jutsu should track as good as normal jutsu.

Kankuro:
I don't really see a very bad thing. Puppets in general are weak to rushers and shurikens.
A shuriken limit should help them a little and people should need to use their shurikens wisely instead of spamming them to render puppets useless.

Gaara:
Slow!!! Cshuriken are slow, U1 is slow, U2 is slow....
His jutsu should last longer (or have an enhanced version that sends 2-3 tsunamis)... as in having a longer hitbox to make timing on techs easier. :3

Kisame:
Nearly everything about him is bad besides his combo's. :(
Jutsu/enhanced jutsu should have the tracking of deidara's jutsu.
Air combo should be harder to knj.
Tilt should work properly and not miss that easily.
Combo's in awakening should be harder to knj and there should be more chakra drain.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 5:03 pm

I agree, gaara and kisame are very underpowered. I love surprising people by combining gaara's attacks wth support but even then it isn't that great. Kisame is just unforgivably slow and his attacks aren't that great. his combos are the best thing about him but any substitution spam can get away from that.

However i think making deidara's grab faster is utterly stupid. The whole reason it's slow is because it can hit people from like 30 feet away. It's not even a grab for god sakes, it's a long-range bird pwning maching. I feel like deidara is a more balanced character than most people think, and it actually takes quite a lot to use him well.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 6:05 pm

RebornEmperor E wrote:
I agree, gaara and kisame are very underpowered. I love surprising people by combining gaara's attacks wth support but even then it isn't that great. Kisame is just unforgivably slow and his attacks aren't that great. his combos are the best thing about him but any substitution spam can get away from that.

However i think making deidara's grab faster is utterly stupid. The whole reason it's slow is because it can hit people from like 30 feet away. It's not even a grab for god sakes, it's a long-range bird pwning maching. I feel like deidara is a more balanced character than most people think, and it actually takes quite a lot to use him well.

Yeah. Imo Kisame is more underpowered than Gaara tho. Gaara and Deidara seem to be my best mains (followed by Kank and then Kisame.)

Gaara's SB cshuriken, ground jutsu and air combo is what makes him awesome.
cShuriken are slow but with Choji on bal their cshurikens combo and Gaara's becomes faster.
And Gaara is so vulnerable if they knj his air combo that alot of people will try to punish. Air Choji = very fast = free SB
His ground jutsu is awesome if used after Kakashi/shika support lands for free damage.

Kisame on the other hand doesn't have ANYTHING besides his useful air combo, hard to knj ground combo's (after a knj his < combo hits 80% of the time... if not more) and deceptive U2 ( really <.< i've seen countless people trying to punish me if they knj my U2... yeah... facepalm moment.)

Gaara isn't THAT underpowered like most people think he is. Kisame is very bad tho.

Deidara's grab being faster would be nice but not really needed tho. Faster spiders and controlling him during the tilt are more important imo.

A few other characters i like to play...
Tenten: Useless ranged combo's, huge U1 ending lag which prevents ANY sort of follow up or combo.

Make her ranged combo's (including air ranged combo) chain properly and reduce ending lag of U1. There's one major flaw in her combo's... if your opponent knows she is pretty much useless. <.<

Temari: Cshuriken makes her stop in the air, ranged combo's don't chain properly.
She should keep moving if she uses her cshuriken in the air to make her less vulnerable.
Like Tenten her combo's should chain properly.

Neji: Terrible combo's for a close ranged character, lack of ranged moves.
Neji is not a bad character at all but it's hard to do anything against runners/turtlers since he doesn't have any ranged options.

Asuma: Good character overall but horrible combo's like Neji... maybe even worse.
He also doesn't have any ranged options.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 9:23 pm

glenndevis wrote:
Neji: Terrible combo's for a close ranged character, lack of ranged moves.
Neji is not a bad character at all but it's hard to do anything against runners/turtlers since he doesn't have any ranged options.

Asuma: Good character overall but horrible combo's like Neji... maybe even worse.
He also doesn't have any ranged options.
To me this makes little to no sense, first of all they're both Short Range characters, they shouldn't have any Ranged attacks to begin with xD
And their combos aren't bad at all, the quick fist spamming they do is perfect for cancelling.
Neji's down combo is also pretty "hard" to knj if u ask me >_>

U might also wanna consider the point of Ranged Supports o.O
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Mon May 02, 2011 2:39 am

People just want every character to be the same...

Most "bad" moves are there because of balancing. SM Naruto (awakening included) has one of the best movesets in the game, even without combos. If he had good combos it just wouldn't be fair.

As far as being a disadvantage, all I have a problem with are worthless moves like Gaara and Deidara's tilts.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Mon May 02, 2011 5:14 am

dominationnl wrote:
naruto 9t combos & tilt Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? 3398999516

LOL the combos definitely deserve the Picard pose. I find his tilt to be rediculous though, it does incredible damage and craps on guard.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Mon May 02, 2011 5:18 am

Bobroham wrote:
People just want every character to be the same...

Most "bad" moves are there because of balancing. SM Naruto (awakening included) has one of the best movesets in the game, even without combos. If he had good combos it just wouldn't be fair.

As far as being a disadvantage, all I have a problem with are worthless moves like Gaara and Deidara's tilts.

Gaara's tilt is worthless unless it's used with a sub, which creates a knockback. Granted you might as well use a c. kunai, but it does more damage. That's about as useful as it gets.

I DO have a small complaint about Choji... as beastly as he is... his ground Jutsu is rediculously slow and easily countered, and his air jutsu leaves him open for quite some time after he finishes if it doesn't hit. That and if you miss with his tilt, it gives them like 5 seconds do make you their toy. Obviously Choji is one of, if not THE, best characters in the game, it's just that those are some of the only complains I can think of.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Mon May 02, 2011 5:24 am

You're just saying he's good because of that PS3 tournament... I know nobody thinks he's good except for me shy

And you said his tilt and U1 aren't very good... so please tell me what other than those moves are reason to call him good, let alone the best character? His bad combos? His terrible U2? :p
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Mon May 02, 2011 5:27 am

Bobroham wrote:
You're just saying he's good because of that PS3 tournament... I know nobody thinks he's good except for me Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? 291819

0.0 I use him online quite frequently. It's entertaining to have people chakra dash at you then hit them with an air U1. His air melee also seems to be slightly difficult to substitute. Note: Funniest thing ever to use his tilt on a team attack.

His U2 isn't a big deal when used with a knockback (as long as you can time it correctly). His U1 doesn't really matter because you simply use air U1 whenever they leave themselves open-instant knockback. Also his tilt is quite effective and can create a knockback at the end. I never said it wasn't good, I simply said it sucks if you miss. Then again it's more or less the same situation with most characters' tilts, his is just a little more obvious. His c.Kunai are windmill shurikens that deal decent damage. He also has good equipment, defense down tag and paper bomb.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14Mon May 02, 2011 5:40 am

Pretty much every U2 in the game can be used on SB, Choji has one of the hardest. It can only land on a close range SB and you must walk in close, so there is no chance if the opponent has an air support since you have to walk in a straight line, there is no time to dodge. Also, you can't land a U2 after an SB from a tilt. Fuma kunai are really nothing special, as many characters have them and they don't do any significant damage compared to any other kunai. They are also quite easy to knj so they probably won't deal as much damage as any other type.

I agree that his moves are easily punished, I'm just puzzled by the with you said:
Quote :
Obviously Choji is one of, if not THE, best characters in the game
After pointing out those things... if his far less than average U2 is one of his best options that would place him very low in relation to other characters considering the disadvantages to his U1, tilt and combos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?   Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use? Clock14

Back to top Go down

Disadvantages About Your Favorite Character To Use?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next