Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai

Go down 

Compared to my other guides, have I improved?
A) Yea, you've improved greatly from your first Tenten guide ^_^
"I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Vote_lcap40%"I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
B) You have improved slightly....keep going though!
"I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Vote_lcap40%"I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
C) Ummm, you haven't really improved at all. Did you even try to change anything?
"I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Vote_lcap20%"I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
D) You actually have gotten a little worse. It's like you slacked off on this one.
"I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Vote_lcap0%"I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
E) Improved? Ha, you have improved all right. Improved at NOT improving. At least your other guides had effort.
"I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Vote_lcap0%"I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

"I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Empty
PostSubject: "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai   "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Clock14Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:41 pm

The official Sai guide by Cuttin_in_Town!( Also author of the Killer Bee, Tenten, Neji, and Temari guides)

"I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Sai-naruto

Table of contents

1............................................................Intro

2............................................................Pros & Cons

3............................................................Basic Attacks

4............................................................Justu

5............................................................Kunais

6............................................................Ninja Tools

7............................................................As Support

8............................................................Awakening

9............................................................Recommended Supports

10...........................................................Conclusion

Intro
This is my third guide I've made. However, this is the first "normal" character guide. So I tried to organize the catergories the best I could since this is my first try. Sai is my favorite new character in Naruto(as in, introduced in shippuden) so naturally I play him from time to time. Hopefully I can get more people to play Sai because he is a pretty fun charcter overall. Now, to the guide!

Pros & Cons
Pros
1) One of the safest grabs in the game
2) c.kunai(chakra kunai) have superb tracking
3) justu cancels out most enemy justu
4) Justu can hit OTG(off the ground)
5) One of the safest air combos in the game
6 Grab causes SB(strike back)

Cons
1) Combos are easy to sub(substitute) against
2) Justu has slow startup
3) Ninja tools don't go together well
4) U2(ultimate justu) is fairly obvious and slow.
5) Tilt leaves Sai completely open if not canceled

Basic Attacks
Idle "O" combo
-----------------------------------------------
17 Hits
19% Damage
-----------------------------------------------
Sai beats up his opponent, and ends it up with a lone bird tackle. Easy to sub. Causes SB. Nothing to amazing about it. Good luck pulling it off though.

<,> combo
----------------------------------------------
12 Hits
19% Damage
Sai gives some blows and slashes to his foe, then gets on the back of his ink bird. He then flaps his enemy away with wind. Easy to sub. Causes SB. Although it looks super cool, it's still bad.

^ combo
21 Hits
19% Damage
Sai does the usual, wraps his enemy in ink snakes, and lifts them in the air with them. Easy to sub. Again, nothing special. Pretty bad.

v combo
---------------------------------------------
10 Hits
17% Damage
Sai hits his enemy, and with the help of ink lions, sends an ink bird to slam onto his foe. Easy to sub. Nothing amazing other then it has the lowest hit count, sacrificing the normal 19% damage.

Tilt combo
--------------------------------------------
13 Hits
9% Damage
Sai summons three ink lions to have fun with his enemy. His animals do multi attacks in three waves. It's slightly hard to sub. Has some range to it, but doesn't work if you're to close. If the enemy subs, Sai is a sitting duck for what ever they want. I suggest you cancel the first or second wave of the tilt with a grab, air dash, or charged justu(since they will be busy trying to sub).

Air combo
16 Hits
8% Damage
Sai slashes, then kicks his enemy in the air. He then rides a large ink bird to pursue with projectile ink birds. Finally homing in to tackle the enemy. It's pretty safe considering it changes the camera angle to focus on Sai. If he hits with his ink birds, he can proceed to the bird tackle. If the enemy subs in time, Sai can't proceed to the bird tackle. Be careful while doing this ,however, against a good Kirin Sasuke. If they air tech your initial kickup, they can instantly use Kirin to catch you on your bird. Anyone can also throw things at you if they tech it. So don't abuse this combo against knowledgable opponents. If you stop the combo at the kickoff, you can combo them into a U3, tilt, or OTG justu.(only if they don't tech)

Grab
11% Damage
Sai tackles his foe, then sends an ink bird to swoop his opponent. Causes SB. Because Sai does a dive as the startup, he can evade counter grabs and some U2s. The startup is pretty fast, and it has decent range. An above average grab.

Justu
U1(justu)
3% Damage per lion
Sai summons three ink lions to track down his foe. They disappear over time. Causes SB. It has slow startup, but hits OTG. It can also block or cancel out other justu. Like Itachis fireball's, Deidara's clay birds, or a 6tails kyuubi blast. If charged, Sai summons five lions to attack.

U2
30% Damage
Sai mounts a ink bird, heels back, and dives down at his enemy. If it connects, he then summons a couple of ink lions to play with his foe, then jumps off the bird to do a finishing slash with his blade. Slow startup. The huge bird makes it pretty obvious. To land off of SB, you need an early start..

Kunai
Basic kunai- Sai throws a few kunai. They are small, fast, and are hard to say. Good to use for an approach.

c.Kunai- Sai summons a line of ink birdies to attack his enemy. It has above averag tracking on it. Sometimes, even ninja moving(strafing) doesn't avoid it. Not bad c.Kunai at all.

Ninja Tools
Character Item- Sai's paintbrush. It gives him a longer attack boost duration.

< Item- Two speed down tags. Used to slow down the enemy.

v Item- Two Defence up pills. Raises defence for a while.

> Item- Two kunai rains(grounded). Kunais burst from the three kunai balloons

note- Using Sai's defence up pill when your enemy is on fire(able to U3[ultimate team justu] isn't a bad idea if you make a mistake.

As support
Sai is a good defensive support. His lions block nearly all enemy justu, and can cause potential SB if he lands it on an enemy. He can also perform the AT Chimera standing. Details can be find in this link http://www.arashiboards.com/t219-lion-standing. Because of this, he shouldn't be a guard support. His kunai's tracking can be helpful as a balance support however. Overall, Sai is an above average support. ignoring "Leaf _____", Sai has a only two team bonus teams. New Team Kakashi( Sai, Sakura,any Naruto, Yamato) and All Boys(Sai, any Sasuke).

Awakening
Sai gets the generic power up awakening. As always, his attacks become harder to sub, and guard breaks easier. His justu cost is cut in half. It also destroys guards, and does crazy damage. Mix in the tracking of his c.Kunai and justu, Sai can easily break someone's guard. This delpetes charka quickly however. Overall, I advise not to awaken unless you're trying to avoid grabs, U2s, or U3s. You're still just Sai, so you can be sent into SB.

Recommended Supports
"I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai NarutoSaiSakuraYamato

Just my opinion, don't get angry. I think Sai gets the most support from "lifter" supports like Sakura, Tsunade, Kabuto, or Tenten. It allows him to easily pull off his U2. It also is good to send out one of these supports at the end of his air combo. Since the camera is focusing on Sai, the enemy can't see the support coming out, and since they're are probably not guarding, they will get hit. You can then land a U2 as you land on a dumbfounded opponent.(If done fast enough, it works even if they tech). this works best with Sakura or Tsunade.

Conclusion
This is my Sai guide. I hope you've learned something new about Sai by reading this. I also will gladly accept any negative or positive feedback. Thank you for reading!

Last edited by Cuttin_in_town on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:40 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

"I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai   "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:57 am

OK, all finished up.

I'll check for the usual spelling ect later. I'll also go back to all three guides to add the in depth stuff. Any thing I missed ect, please be sure to note them.

I'll probally head for a Neji one next.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai   "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:17 am

Link your "support" thing to chimera standing, this is a major benefit to his abilities and utility as a support character
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai   "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:50 am

Chimera standing? ok...I'll look for it.

Edit: Hmm, took me a while to find it. It was under lion standing. Also, it's nice to know. I thought only Deidara's did this.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai   "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:07 am

Dei, Sai, and orochimaru do.

Thus lion + bird + snake = chimera stand
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai   "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Clock14Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:20 am

There is another Team bonus. "From anbu black ops"
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: TEH CHIMERA STAND!!   "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Clock14Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:22 am

Lmao teh infamous chimera stand returns!
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai   "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Clock14Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:26 am

Prostriker wrote:
There is another Team bonus. "From anbu black ops"

Didn't know about this....I'm guessing Sai with just Yamato?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai   "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Clock14Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:33 am

sai with either yamato, kakashi or itachi. You need at two to form the team (Yamato AND Itachi) Or kakashi
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai   "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Clock14Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:24 am

Great guide not alot of sai's.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai   "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Clock14Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:20 am

not alot of chiyo or kabuto guides either
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai   "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Clock14Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Very nice!

His standard kunai has no homing but they come out very fast, pretty much like Dei's c. kunai speed. Great to use at close, mid range.

He also posses short hop attack so you can shield pressure.

And WTF is chimera standing? I know it's some kind of inside joke to a useless tech made by skye but I've never read the explanation. :(
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai   "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Clock14Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:13 pm

Nice guide. Sai is my favourite!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai   "I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai Clock14

Back to top Go down

"I read in a book that guides improve your combat abilities" A guide to Sai
Page 1 of 1