Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto Empty
PostSubject: If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto   If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto Clock14Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:33 pm

Last edited by cinik on Sun May 15, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto   If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:58 pm

(complete)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto   If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:05 pm

you are nice and helpful.

I do like your mentioning of the lack of punishability, you should note with some assists its better to do the charged for the SC. I've done a chimera stand with charged rasengan a couple times on people, and it takes their guard down to next to nothing.

If they get hit, the GR will scoop and do massive damage.
If they KnJ, the lag usually isnt enough to punish.
If they KnJ and try to punish, Jcancel into the U2.

If it goes SB, the charge will usually score me a SC. No mid-way opening.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto   If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:18 pm

thanks for the comment skye. yea chimera standing does seem interesting. i will get around to looking at it more closely.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto   If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:20 pm

I don't think you mentioned it, but Naruto is the only character who's charged jutsu (Giant Rasengan) is useful in combos.

You can pseudo-storm combo with giant rasengan via bomb ball > immediately cancel into U1 and charge. I say pseudo because it will hit them as they bounce up, which is kinda, sorta a storm combo. You can also tilt to giant rasengan.

You can also land giant rasengan off of any U1 or bomb ball strikeback by charging immediately after your support hits the opponent back at you (before the screen switches back to the normal perspective. Obviously you need to be aware of their supports, but if done correctly they cannot ground tech to escape.

This makes Naruto one of the most powerful burst damage characters (with two attack type supports). U1 > Food Pills (attack up) canceled fully charged U1 > Ramen (chakra recovery) canceled U2 does outrageous damage (~70%). Even more if you manage to U3 instead. If you only have enough chakra to giant rasengan at the end, the combo still does about 55%, which is pretty messed up for 3 hits.

Regarding U2, I also prefer 9TR. It has a larger hitbox and works much better at punishing chakra dashes and hitting people after close range strikebacks. The problem with Rasen Shuriken is the fact that it doesn't have a hitbox when he initially starts running and that he starts running almost immediately, so he loses track easier. Rasen Shuriken is the better U2 for punishing moves at a distance though since it will always reach the opponent slightly faster than 9TR.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto   If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:18 pm

I also like how, imo, the 9TR seems to have less lag on block.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto   If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto Clock14Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:19 am

updated with gameplay
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto   If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto Clock14Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:53 pm

I like this guide, but I don't like in the gameplay video all you did was spam his C.Shuriken. His combos that quickly cancel into a rasengan should have been shown, along with a few tricks you can do with Pain. But, other then that, it was a pretty good guide.

Last edited by Nathan on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto   If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto Clock14Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:06 pm

YEAH CINIK FIX YOUR GAMEPLAY!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto   If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto Clock14Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Nathan wrote:
I like this guide, but I don't like in the gameplay video all you did was spam his C.Shuriken. His combos that quickly cancel into a rasengan should have been shown, along with a few tricks you can do with Pain. But, other then that, it was a pretty good guide.

Sorry, I just can't bring myself to play unsafely. Force of habit. Why risk them KnJ'ing the melee when you can just Rasengan them in the back? Gimmicky combos and support specific tricks are a little beyond the scope of this guide. Feel free to create your own thread where you can delve into as much detail as you please.

Last edited by cinik on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto   If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto Clock14Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:23 pm

True, but that is just how I play him, I don't like to play definsevley. But, like I said it is still a good guide.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto   If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto Clock14Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:39 am

It should be noted that you can set up an unblockable during his awakening with blocked normal dash > air U1. Obviously this works with most awakenings with air jutsus, but still worth noting because of the damage from Naruto's awakened air U1.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto   If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto Clock14Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:20 pm

Hey, great guides! You can add this guy's vids, Omega2040 he uploads characters movesets with good quality but terribly noobish reviews :/

Here's Naruto's moveset vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OflEI_7ojj8
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto   If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto Clock14Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:53 pm

hey I just like to add two things.

naruto's U2 has invincibility frames in the beginning, so if an opponent dashes you while you use U2 he will bounce off and your U2 will almost certainly hit.

Also, if you use U2 and use pain when you arrive at the opponent, the opponent will not have enough time to punish you, so he will either get hit by pain, or he will block, either way you can safely recover.

1 little thing about naruto's awakening.
if you use his kunai and the opponent falls on the ground, I recommend using the air-U1 because it will only fire once (so faster recovery) but the damage it does is the same as THREE hits of his ground U1.

great guide Cinik!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto   If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto Clock14Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:43 am

dominationnl wrote:
hey I just like to add two things.

naruto's U2 has invincibility frames in the beginning, so if an opponent dashes you while you use U2 he will bounce off and your U2 will almost certainly hit.

Also, if you use U2 and use pain when you arrive at the opponent, the opponent will not have enough time to punish you, so he will either get hit by pain, or he will block, either way you can safely recover.
1 little thing about naruto's awakening.
if you use his kunai and the opponent falls on the ground, I recommend using the air-U1 because it will only fire once (so faster recovery) but the damage it does is the same as THREE hits of his ground U1.

great guide Cinik!

You totally stole that tactic from me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto   If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto Clock14

Back to top Go down

If There's Such A Thing As Peace, I Will Find It: The Guide to Naruto
Page 1 of 1