Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Gaara guide

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

My Gaara guide - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: My Gaara guide   My Gaara guide - Page 2 Clock14Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:34 am

First topic message reminder :

Gaara guide

My walkthrough for Gaara of the turtles

~~~

Note: All percentages are from DarkMusician, except the grab damage. I thank Skyler-X for that. I thank them greatly fortheir input. Skyler-X also updated my cKunai spam which I gramatized to my liking. This guide is only hosted on TheNinjaStorm and Arashiboards. Tell me if you see it anywhere else and I'll swiftly remove it.

~~~

I don't use Gaara often, but he can be put to severe use. I used him a bit recently and compiled this guide.

Intro: Gaara is a turtle. He was made into this game to turtle. He can punish easily, and his guard lasts longer than others. But, despite this, he can be hard to use. In my opinion, he is unwieldy but powerful.

~~~

Combo damage is based on a Combos don’t include cDashes to start, as I conclude it adds damage on to the combo.

Combos: Regular combo: 6 hits, 19% damage. Easy to KnJ.
Up combo: 18 hits, 20% damage. Easy to KnJ but relatively safe because of the ranged hits.
Side combo: 9 hits, 19.7% damage. KnJ difficulty: medium.
Down combo: 5 hits, 14.3 %. Hard to KnJ.
Air combo: 10 hits, 9% damage. Hard to KnJ.
Tilt combo: Gaara throws out 5 sand projectiles. Slow, and won't hit at close range. A bit like SMN's tilt. Causes SB though.
Homemade combos: Support-SB-U1-SB-U2/3
O-O-U1. Total 14% damage
O-O-O-O-U2. Easy U2 hit, but it isn't a 'true' combo, meaning they return to neutral stance before the U2 hits.
cDash-U2. Self explanitory.
O-O-O-O-O-U1. Does pretty epic damage.
O-O-O-O-Airdash-Left Item-cDash-U2. Real nice and damaging combo, nearly does a whole bar.

~~~

Ultimate: Slow start, goes as fast as Justu. Other than that, pretty basic. 30 % damage. Stops Projectile Jutsu and anything lower in proirity.

~~~

Jutsu: VERY HIGH priority. Nice after SB to cause another SB (look in strategies below) or if you don’t have enough chakra for a U2. 10% damage. High priority is from it's Projectile Jutsu rank, which is basically the highest. This means it clashes with other projectile jutsus (derr).

~~~

Grab: At close range, epic speed. Recommended for use after KnJ or to punish cDashes. Nice as a wake up move as the opponent is getting up (and you are right next to them). Also can be good for stopping U3 dashes at mid/mid-long range due to duration, risky though. 10.2% damage.

~~~

Awakening: Not really worth it, minor moveset change, ATK+, but some combos are easier to KnJ. I never use it. Plus yuo lose supports.

~~~

Chakra kunai: Causes SB. Slow startup though. 3% damage, 5 hits.

~~~

Items:
Up Item: Shuukaku Shield (Defense Up, lasts for 10 seconds) x1
Left Item: Defense Breaking Tag (Defense Down, lasts for 5 Seconds) x2
Right Item: Burst Kunai x2
Down Item: Tortoiseshell Pills (Defense Up, lasts for 5 Seconds) x2

~~~

My homemade basic strategies
Team:
1. SB spam
Teamup, Kakazu/Sasuke (not Taka) and Itachi/Guy, both attack.
Spam Support (both) at start and Ninja move/turtle until another Support comes around. As an alternative, play normally, KnJ and grab, throw in a U1 every now and then, you get the drill. When you get to support drive, when you can hit Itachi/Guy to cause SB, U1 to cause SB and U2 or U3 to finish. Repeat. An alternative is cKunai-SB-U1-SB-U1 if you don’t have enough chakra. If opponent awakens, hit your up item and spam U1, or play normally (and most likely fail).
Variations: Instead of Kakazu/Sasuke, you can put in Shikamaru (balance) for cKunai, but not really worth it. One hit is lost because he has to be taken off attack. Plus his support is a tad lackluster. Besides, your cKunai already causes SB.
You can take Sasuke from attack and put him on balance to ensure your own cKunai hits. Again, pretty pointless, one less attack from SB.

2. Chakra kunai spam
Teamup, Sasuke (any Sasuke) and Ino, both balance.
Spam Support (both) at start and Ninja move/turtle until another Support comes around. As an alternative, play normally, KnJ and grab, throw in a U1 every now and then, you get the drill. When you get to support drive, hit cKunai. They will get barraged by Sasuke’s ‘lightning blade transformation’, keeping them in place,
then poisoned by Ino’s flowers, and finally hit by your sand kunai. This can be spammed excessively, or only used to keep them poisoned. Same drill with awakenings as last time. Note that its risky to spam this consecutively because of KnJ's invincibility. You should use this mixed in with Gaara's two punch, which is both fast and has deceptive ranges, or use it for punishment. Please do note that when opponents awaken and get over-agressive, you can jump away and hit them with cKunai as they try to dash to you. If you do it right, the poison will take them from their low health to even lower extremes, and the cKunai from sasuke will stall for some time to guard and make distance.
Variations: You can put in SM Naruto instead of Ino if you want pure damage, but I prefer Ino to keep pressure.

3. Rasengan pressure
Teamup, Minato (attack) and SM Naruto (guard).
This is based around combos. First is your master combo, cDash-Rasengan barrage-SB-U2. Obviously you need to be in Support drive, but that can wait. At the start, hit cDash-Rasengan-cKunai (hit cKunai immediately, might hit lying opponent). Then cDash-throw (if you’re being punished on the cDashes, your unlucky XD). Ninja move in for a Rasengan barrage. On recovery, hit opponent with a U1 and chakra charge. Wait for support to get ready to come, ninja move in and hit both supports. You should be in Support drive now. Hit U1 and if it hits and you get SB, hit U2. Stall until you can hit your master combo. All going well, the rest of the match should be easy. If not, spam the charge button until your Support gauge fills up, and Rasengan/Rasengan barrage-SB-U3 storm combo or BOTH supports AND U1/2 (preferably 1) to break guard and U2 for finish.
Variations: Many combos can be made around the Rasengan’s, but in this strategy, I include my favourites.
You can swap these supports around with other Rasengan users, but Minato and SM Naruto are the best in my opinion. Kakashi and Sasuke Taka –can– work, but they don’t make SB.

~~~

Match-ups: Gaara vs. Naruto (not Sage)
Teams: Watch out for Rasengan, U1 punishes well but Rasengan beats it out in terms of speed. Better off putting Pain or Neji on support, although you can leave them out if you don't care eating up a few Rasengans. His combos are ALL easy to KnJ, but watch out for his tilt where he tosses out clones, it can hit you unawares. Block and punish Rasengan with grab and victory is absolute. Having Pain and Deidara supports is recommended. Or you can use the Rasengan pressure strategy to make him eat his own move. Overall, Naruto is a better character with some boss SB combo's. He trumps Gaara in matchup I think.
Team matchup: 65-35 Naruto's favour.
Singles: Block Rasengan and grab. KnJ combos if he does it, if he awakens he is even more deadly in singles than in teams. Stay on your toes.
Singles matchup: 75-25 Naruto's favour.

Gaara vs. Sakura
Teams: Areal Cherry Blossom Clash comes out surprisingly fast. Block and punish. cKunai works well against CBC, because CBC's startup and Gaara's cKunai's startup are basically equal, and you can hit her in her downtime of whiffed hits. --unfinished--

~~~

TNS:

Member input.

Combos:

Strategies:

Other:

Arashi:

Combos:

Strategies:
1. From Glenndevis
"The strategy I use with Gaara is: Choji (balance) and Kiba (attack)
My Gaara evolves around his jutsu. If they get hit by Kiba (and if they don't tech but there aren't many ppl who tech this) u get a free U1 when the hit the ground. Kiba also causes SB.
Choji on balance combo's with Gaara's chakra shuriken and makes it faster and easier to hit.
My main combo is Gaara's air combo. If they block: Choji, if they knj : Choji. His support in the air is fast and catches ur opponent off guard when they try to punish you.

Not sure if I'll keep Kiba as support tho." This is a nice simple strategy. Also, if you hit the U1/U2 button way early off Kiba, you can hit them when they are teching. 8/10.

Other:

~~~

Latest edit: Added lots of stuff.

~~~

--coming soon--
More strategies, and more homemade combos. Also I'll start matchup strategies. Taking all help, post combos and mistakes I made, and whatever your thoughts on the guide are and I'll try to intergrate them into the guide. Keep up the feedback.

~~~

EXPERIMENTAL!

Person input. I have put in a feedback section, where any strategies, combos or information posted by TNS and Arashi members will be added in. Please try to format it like my entries! All feedback entries will be quoted and credited.

Last edited by benfen on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:58 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Gaara guide   My Gaara guide - Page 2 Clock14Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:49 am

Well, his U1 is counted as a Projectile Jutsu, and just about all U2's clash with Projectile jutsus.

Will add in anyway.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Gaara guide   My Gaara guide - Page 2 Clock14Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:25 pm

I like the guide. Especially the strategies.
There's some stuff that's not right tho.
-Gaara isn't a turtle. He can turtle but so can everyone.
- O O O O U2 is blockable. It isn't a true combo and doesn't make his U2 easy to hit. Ppl can just block it and punish.
-His awakening isn't that bad if u know how to use it. Jumpblockers and stuff render it useless but that counts with every awakening. Grab -> U1 and air combo are good. if they tech after they get hit by his air combo u can U1 them if timed right.

The strategy I use with Gaara is: Choji (balance) and Kiba (attack)
My Gaara evolves around his jutsu. If they get hit by Kiba (and if they don't tech but there aren't many ppl who tech this) u get a free U1 when the hit the ground. Kiba also causes SB.
Choji on balance combo's with Gaara's chakra shuriken and makes it faster and easier to hit.
My main combo is Gaara's air combo. If they block: Choji, if they knj : Choji. His support in the air is fast and catches ur opponent off guard when they try to punish you.

Not sure if I'll keep Kiba as support tho.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Gaara guide   My Gaara guide - Page 2 Clock14Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:38 pm

I did write that that combo was not a true combo. Also, I may update awakening in a VERY later update, because as of now, I can barley play the game, letalone play Gaara, letalone awaken with Gaara. School haytes me.

And Gaara IS a turtle. No matter how you look at it, he was built to be a turtle in this game. And I will add in your strategy quickasyoucansayGaara.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Gaara guide   My Gaara guide - Page 2 Clock14Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:39 pm

Ok maybe not that fast because my mouse is crapcrapcraptastic.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Gaara guide   My Gaara guide - Page 2 Clock14Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:19 am

benfen wrote:
I did write that that combo was not a true combo. Also, I may update awakening in a VERY later update, because as of now, I can barley play the game, letalone play Gaara, letalone awaken with Gaara. School haytes me.

And Gaara IS a turtle. No matter how you look at it, he was built to be a turtle in this game. And I will add in your strategy quickasyoucansayGaara.

Well if it isn't a true combo it doesn't work at all and i don't see why putting it in ur guide? Unless theres so mething tricky i don't know about. xD

And plz explain why u think Gaara is a turtle. I don't see why...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Gaara guide   My Gaara guide - Page 2 Clock14Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:23 am

benfen wrote:
Well, his U1 is counted as a Projectile Jutsu, and just about all U2's clash with Projectile jutsus.

Will add in anyway.
I see it more of a ground jutsu. Because it blocks the projectile jutsus and it keeps going, they don't cancel each other out when they clash like projectiles do. Plus it's attached to the ground. (hence the ground jutsu name)

Thanks for adding it anyways ;)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Gaara guide   My Gaara guide - Page 2 Clock14Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:22 am

Hm? It keeps going?

Will have to test.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Gaara guide   My Gaara guide - Page 2 Clock14Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:46 pm

It's a ground projectile jutsu.
It cancels out other projectile and ground projectile jutsus. It shouldn't keep going. Unless it's a high projectile jutsu so they miss each other.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Gaara guide   My Gaara guide - Page 2 Clock14Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:35 pm

Here you go baby... ^_^
Gaara
My Gaara guide - Page 2 Naruto_gaara0430

Pros:

C. kunai causes SB.
Can U1/U2 off SB.
Good supporter.
Tilt causes SB.
U1 has high priority and causes SB.
U1 has good tracking.
Can fight decently in all ranges.
Medium ranged grab.