Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Things have gotten kind of slow recently so i thought i'd liven things up with a tournament. This tournament will be to decide who is the champion of arashi.
this will be a team tournament similar to the inagural tournament

Rules:
1. All characters are allowed (characters can b changed after rounds)
2. Any stage is allowed except uchiha hideout
3. No glitching
4. If your opponent disconnects you are declared winner of the battle
5. All matches will be fought 2/3 (3/5 on finals)

Prizes:
So far just bragging rights but this may change

Date: January 22 12 p.m. PST / 2 p.m. CST / 3 p.m. EST

this tournament will last a day or 2 depending on how many ppl participate. If you cannot make your match PM me ASAP. also if u try to contact ur opponent and they dont respond PM me.

This tournament will be on ps3 & 360 so just post your psn/gamertag and you will be added to the roster

u can post results in another thread which will b made soon

any questions or comments can also be posted here

sign-ups will end on the 21st.

ppl signed up so far

PS3

shadow9794
xX_PUNISHERxX_
Suirad12
LordSpectreX
bbqtv
RDF2050
jounin-bob
jjj7112
benfen
gead813
Juece
Cuttin_in_town
rafiqui11
teto 142
Deva_Pain_Path
Dalle_Uchiha
shakree26
Prostriker25032
Da_king-4

DZ Cinik
x Hypnoss
Koncino
N7 x Spectre
Xenochaos1129
SlimySmiley
youngsaun92
luminssence
DBuild12289
yatoshime
RasenRengan

Last edited by shadow9794 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:38 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:07 pm

nice sig ^
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:39 pm

GT: DBuild12289

Second place in the last tournament, hoping to go all the way this time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:33 am

BBQTV wrote:
nice sig ^

I didn't give you permission to use mine. Please remove it.. >:C
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:36 am

fine
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Shadow, regarding your rules, I think you should provide clarification on rule #3. Where do you draw the line on what is a glitch and what isn't? It's pretty clear that things like boundary glitches are covered by this rule. But what about Hinata/Pain? Do you consider that a glitch? How about the Guy Tilt/Lee Throw extension referenced by benfen? Do you consider that a glitch? How about the double Naruto support? I'd hate to see someone get DQ'ed because they weren't clear about what was considered banned and what was not.

I also notice that this is not a character lock tournament. As such, do you have character selection procedures? Can players request a double blind? How is the first stage selected? What about counterpicking procedures?

Also, for the love of god, videos people. Please record at least some of these matches (I know some of you can).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:55 pm

sniperworm wrote:
Shadow, regarding your rules, I think you should provide clarification on rule #3. Where do you draw the line on what is a glitch and what isn't? It's pretty clear that things like boundary glitches are covered by this rule. But what about Hinata/Pain? Do you consider that a glitch? How about the Guy Tilt/Lee Throw extension referenced by benfen? Do you consider that a glitch? How about the double Naruto support? I'd hate to see someone get DQ'ed because they weren't clear about what was considered banned and what was not.

I also notice that this is not a character lock tournament. As such, do you have character selection procedures? Can players request a double blind? How is the first stage selected? What about counterpicking procedures?

Also, for the love of god, videos people. Please record at least some of these matches (I know some of you can).

wow u sure do ask alot of questions. well the glitching part does refer to things like the hinata/pain glitch, lagging on purpose & hacking. & hacking can be done in this game i once fought someone in random & it said transmitting forever & by the time it was done he already hit 1 wit a U2. & there are no character selction procedures player r free to chosse whoever. just dont w8 till the other person picks 1st dats annoying. & all stages are chosen by the host the only stage that is banned is UH
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:18 pm

shadow9794 wrote:
wow u sure do ask alot of questions. well the glitching part does refer to things like the hinata/pain glitch, lagging on purpose & hacking. & hacking can be done in this game i once fought someone in random & it said transmitting forever & by the time it was done he already hit 1 wit a U2. & there are no character selction procedures player r free to chosse whoever. just dont w8 till the other person picks 1st dats annoying. & all stages are chosen by the host the only stage that is banned is UH

Well, I'm just trying to do my part to help. As an unbiased observer, I'm just asking the questions that I think are necessary. It doesn't particularly matter to me what the answers are since I don't intend to participate in this or any other online tournament. I just want to get them out there so everybody knows how things are going to happen.

For character selection procedures, I was referring to the order that people select characters. For example:

1) Host picks primary character
2) Opponent picks primary character and supports
3) Host picks support characters

In general, it won't be necessary, but people can get pretty competitive, so I think it'd be a good idea to have an established procedure just incase somebody complains. Either that or you should allow "double blinds" by request. This means that both players would be forced to choose their characters without any knowledge of the other player's choice. This could probably be done via a pm to you. You would then post both of their selections and they'd have to use those characters in the first match.

Which brings me to counterpicking. To my knowledge, all the matches in your tournament are sets (best 2 out of 3 or best 3 out of 5). Are players allowed to switch characters or stages after the first game? What's the procedure for that? I can help you to develop said procedures if you would like to have them but don't already have something in mind.

Also, based on the OP, I'm assuming your planning to run this tournament as a single elimination bracket. Especially considering the fact that seeding will probably be done randomly, I suggest that you consider changing to a double elimination bracket. I can provide reasons for my suggestion if you'd like.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:55 pm

PSN: rafiqui11
i really enjoy tournaments if you want to cantact me please for email rasahe95@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:42 am

yeah double elimination is the standard for tourneys
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:19 am

heh....sign me up for it....
Xbox Live Gamertag: yatoshime
look foward to it....already played path....im going to train hard so i can beat he and the guy who placed 1st in the last tourney!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:21 am

yatoshime wrote:
look foward to it....already played path....im going to train hard so i can beat he and the guy who placed 1st in the last tourney!

You ain't gonna beat cinik. Nobody is XD

He is a human puppet known as Sasori. That is his identity. Thankfully, I have PSN so I don't have to face him *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:23 am

i dont care how you try to put me down...im gonna keep trainin til i get it and thats a promise
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:28 am

yatoshime wrote:
i dont care how you try to put me down...im gonna keep trainin til i get it and thats a promise

I'm sorry if you took it that way. I'll shut up now. You'll see when you meet him in battle.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:36 am

lol benfen i can talk my own shit thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:25 am

benfen(TNS) wrote:
yatoshime wrote:

I'm sorry if you took it that way. I'll shut up now. You'll see when you meet him in battle.

He just need to see the devil in action ;)

That's all he asking to but hey let the guy to dream at least :P
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:34 pm

benfen(TNS) wrote:
yatoshime wrote:

He is a human puppet known as Sasori. That is his identity. Thankfully, I have PSN so I don't have to face him *sigh*
Everyone is different, you never know what may happen.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:38 pm

benfen(TNS) wrote:
yatoshime wrote:

u guys can settle this at the tournament but 4 now just let it go
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:44 pm

I think am gonna join

psn : teto 142

I like tournaments , I really can't wait until 21 jan

if someone is interested in sparring with me , then thats my psn

see ya Tobi ATK 1st
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:03 pm

Lol I feel sorry for the 360 guys who have to face cinik.

Anyway I'm gonna be recording all my matches in HD.

Anyone else who's recording be sure to tell me so I can put them up on the Arashi youtube channel here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:38 pm

[DJ] wrote:
Anyone else who's recording be sure to tell me so I can put them up on the Arashi youtube channel here.

Well alright, that's what I want to hear. I'm gonna subscribe right now.

Btw DJ, does Arashi officially have character selection procedures like how I was mentioning above? If not, you guys should work something out before your next official tournament.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:05 am

any rules????such as no spam or etc?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:06 am

Deva_Pain_Path wrote:
any rules????such as no spam or etc?

spammings easy to get around. if u spam it means dat u obviously hav no skill & r open 2 punishment frm ur opponent. the only rules r posted above
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:16 am

is it double elimination?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:18 am

BBQTV wrote:
is it double elimination?

if u lose ur match ur out of the tournament dat basically sums it up. the matches r fought 2/3 rounds 1 round = 1 fight
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:47 am

u know what the heck with it i'll join just to win this small tourny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011   Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011 - Page 2 Clock14

Back to top Go down

Shadow's Tournament of Champions 2011
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next