Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Changes and Issues

Go down 
AuthorMessage
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

Changes and Issues Empty
PostSubject: Changes and Issues   Changes and Issues Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 6:45 pm

Ok. My computer is now fully repaired. I'm back in a position to start moderating and updating around the forums.

Moderating is something that we've been taking very lighting as of late. Mainly due to the fact that we were a new forum and heavily enforcing rules at such an early stage may yield a few negative effects.

But now that we have become more active (and sometimes getting 100 or most posts in a single day), its time to buckle down on rules and start enforcing them heavily. No exceptions for anyone. Warnings will be given out for small offenses but other than that punishment will be received for each rule breaker.

Now its not that many people have been breaking rules or anything. I actually haven't seen someone break any serious rule in a while. But from now on we will be patrolling the forums daily and monitoring threads and posts. I'll assign each person a section so they don't have to moderate the entirety of the forums. That person will be responsible for moderation in that section so that person will be held responsible if anything major goes unnoticed or unpunished.

I'm a fun person and I like to joke around as much as the next guy. But lately the topics I've been reading around the forums and their respective posts have been less than serious. We are going to be enforcing content rules now as well. If a post is irrelevant to the topic it will be removed and recorded. Threads irrelevant to the section or threads that have no relevance at all to the forums will be removed and recorded as well. We will merge/remove double posts and so on. And repeat offenders who keep making irrelevant or unnecessary posts and topics will be infractioned and eventually banned if necessary.

I expect all the mods and admins to be serious about enforcing these rules and to not give breaks for any reason. I already know that you all are responsible people, thats why I have given you all the powers you have now. I really want to clean up these forums and turn it back into the forum that I had envisioned when I first started AB.

I'm going to do a revision of the Code of Conduct and add some things to it as well. Everyone should familiarize themselves with these new rules so that no one looks over a broken rule without addressing it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

Changes and Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes and Issues   Changes and Issues Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 7:40 pm

how do we decide what mod is in charge of wat section?
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

Changes and Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes and Issues   Changes and Issues Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 7:42 pm

I'll just assign everyone myself. For the most part it will just be random.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Sponsored content

Changes and Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes and Issues   Changes and Issues Clock14

Back to top Go down

Changes and Issues
Page 1 of 1