Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kombos and Setups

Go down 
AuthorMessage
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

Kombos and Setups Empty
PostSubject: Kombos and Setups   Kombos and Setups Clock14Sun May 01, 2011 4:05 am

A place to post quick combos and stuff for characters. You can add on if you like. If enough people start posting and doing character analyses, I'll make a guides section.

Use this format when posting combos:

Quote :
When referring to attack buttons use numbers 1-4 since this game is multi console and using single digit numbers is better than writing out shapes for ps3.
1 = X or Square
2 = Y or Triangle
3 = A or Cross
4 = B or Circle

When referring to directions use this format:
Back = B
Forward = F
Up = U
Down = D

If an attack hits High, use 'H', Low; 'L', and Medium; 'M'. Put them in brackets like this: [H],[M],[L].

Example:
B1, 4 [H,M]
B1 is Back X or Square
4 is B or Circle
H means that the B1 hits high
M means that the 4 hits low

A few setups and combos for Mileena

Set Ups
B1, 4 [H,M]
U4 [M]
B3, Ballroll (F,D,4) [L, H]
F3, Ballroll [H,H]
Ballroll [H]

The amazing thing about Mileena is that she has combo starters that hit high, medium, and low. So you can get pretty crazy with your mix up game. Another amazing thing is that her Ballroll special attack is also a combo starter, even in its enhanced form.

The B1, 4 combo starter is what I like to refer to as her 'Main Set Up.' Because any of the other setups can lead back into this one.

The Ballroll is another important set up because any of her ground combos can be canceled into a Ballroll. After a Ballroll Mileena can then proceed to do much anything. You can go into another setup and lead into a combo, you can uppercut, you can X ray, or you can do a special.

What I like about Mileenas setups is that they all involve a bounce. So that means that the rest of the combo is all air juggling. The most legit combos are air juggles because you know as long as you can keep your opponent in the air you can keep comboing. Her U4 can be done twice in a row without a difference in bounce height. So whenever you start a combo with her U4 set up, just do it twice to strengthen the damage output.

Her F3 and B3 setups have to be followed by a ballroll. Otherwise you wouldn't get much from it. F3 has a good slide to it, so you can execute it from sweep range. You have a be a bit closer with B3, but it hits low then goes into the high hitting Ballroll.

Kombos:

I wont put too many combos here, just a good combo starting with each of her setups. I'm saving the rest of these combos for a full character guide. I put her main setups in parentheses except for Ballrolls since its just a special that also happens to be a setup.

[B1,4],4, Ballroll, 1, Neck Bite or Ballroll - 21% or 20%
*Any combo that can end with ballroll can also end with Neck Bite. Ending it with Neck Bite will always give you 1% more in damage output.

[U4],[U4], [B1,4], Uppercut (D2) - 27%

Ballroll, [B1,4], 4, Neck Bite or Ballroll - 22% or 21%
*This is a Ballroll combo. Any Ballroll combo can be applied to the F3 and B3 setups as well since you Ballroll after them.

[B3, Ballroll], [B1,4], 4, Neck Bite or Ballroll - 24% or 23%

[F3, Ballroll], [B1,4], 4, Neck Bite or Ballroll - 26% or 25%
*Notice that these combos are just the Ballroll combo from above with the B3 and F3 setups as the starters.

Now for an Xray combo. For Mileena, most any combo that can end with a special move can end with an xray in its place. She slides forward so it hits easy and combos well. The only problem when adding an xray to the end of a combo is how low your opponent is to the ground. Thats what makes all the difference. If theyre too low you probably wont be able to hit them with her Xray unless you can manage to get another regular hit in to knock them high enough to land an Xray.

Here is a nice 41% damage Xray combo.

[U4],[U4], [B1,4], 4, Xray - 41%

I'll make an extensive guide once I feel the that Ive mastered Mileena enough.

Last edited by [DJ] on Sun May 01, 2011 4:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

Kombos and Setups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kombos and Setups   Kombos and Setups Clock14Sat May 07, 2011 11:47 pm

Some Sektor combo's:
Jump punch, [1, 2, B1], [F4, 4, tele uppercut], B2, flamethrower - 40% damage.
Stronger version: Jump punch, [1, 2, B1], [F4, 4, tele uppercut], jump kick, EX tele uppercut, B2, flamethrower or EX flamethrower.

Xray combo: Jump punch, [1, 2, B1], F4, Xray - 48% damage

Did i do that right? Kombos and Setups 502718
Back to top Go down

Kombos and Setups
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Arashi Boards :: Special User Forums :: Mortal Kombat 9 :: General Discussion-
Jump to: