Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Naruto's Beginner Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Naruto's Beginner Guide  Empty
PostSubject: Naruto's Beginner Guide    Naruto's Beginner Guide  Clock14Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:27 pm

Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto's Beginner Guide  Naruto_is_coming_by_deiviscc-d3e33v5png

Stat Guide

Ninjutsu

• U1: Rasengan and Oodama Rasengan are Naruto's trademark jutsu. Do not attempt to try to use Oodama Rasengan at all. It has a long start up and only offers extra damage if it hits. Most of the time opponents will turtle if they see you using Rasengan a lot. Against experienced opponents, the start up time for the Oodama Rasengan is enough time for them to pull off a U1 all the way to U3. Don't use it. As for Rasengan, you want to take advantage of your opponents cool down time in close range. Stick to using Rasengan in close proximity... It works best in situations in where you can find an opening, such as subbing Chiyo's U1 early which thus leaves her open. It's solid damage allows you to put opponents on the defense, which means you can put more pressure on them. Cutscene jutsu will always make your opponent think twice about their next move.
  • U2: Wind Style: Rasen-Shuriken isn't my favorite jutsu, but it's the easiest when it comes to learning how to time things. The fact that you can visibly see Naruto make the Rasen-Shuriken lets you know how long it's going to take to conjure up and get moving. As a beginner you should only attempt this after SB. The jutsu is weird in that sometimes (I'd say 40%) you will brush past your opponent if you're just starting with him.
  • U2: Nine-tailed Rasengan is my favorite jutsu for U2. Its start up time takes some practice, but once you get the handle of it you can always hit from SB. It may seem a little harder at first but keep training. The reason why I appreciate it because to me it seems to be quicker and reach slightly farther. I'm not sure if it does, but knowing its speed helps me time it.. Not to mention, it is possible to guard break with it due to multiple hits. If you can get your opponent's guard into red, toss a defense down tag and call in a support and go for the U2. If your opponent doesn't alter their stats with pills, it can break down their guard and hit.

Taijutsu

• Naruto's combo's consist of quick hits using Kage Bunshin. When using Naruto as a beginner you want to stick to his air combo's only. His normal combo's are way too quick and easy to KNJ and they leave you open to U1, U2, U3 if your opponent can KnJ behind you. The air combo's knock out chakra balls and keep your opponent close. Naruto is a close range character.
  • Naruto's grab is slow, but only to experienced players. If your opponent kawarimi's your grab stop attempting to grab unless you're 100% positive he's holding guard. For instance, it is OK to grab when your opponent is being held down by a support like Chouji. Use his grab in situations where you know it's not going to be subbed.

Chakra

• You want to watch Naruto's chakra at all times. Rasengan takes a deal of chakra and attempting to kawarimi everything will leave you high and dry. Once your chakra goes below the little U2 mark, you want to try to buy time with your supports to refill your chakra. The higher you keep your chakra the more you can play around. Naruto's useless if he has no chakra because his combo's suck. If you had no chakra with someone like Pain who has quicker combo's there's a chance you can take off damage if you get the combo in. Naruto doesn't have that luxury. In the manga he may be a stamina freak, but everyone has the same amount of chakra in the game. I usually run with attack and guard type supports with Naruto. It allows you to play a good offense and defense game which can help you keep your chakra up.

Speed

• Naruto's got average speed and no way to boost it. His speed isn't anything necessarily special, but it's a good mix. Some people with the best U2's or U1's have slower speed, which makes them not so fun to play with. His tracking with Rasengan is a no-no. Don't expect it to hunt down your opponent, line up your shot and go for it. Also, his U1 speed isn't great for punishing c.dashers unless you see them coming from a good distance. Most of the time it leaves you stunned. Naruto plays the role of a power house, not a speed demon.

Weaponry

• He has a normal set of shuriken which he chucks at you. His c.shuriken (Fuuma) is a good way to test out opponents. It eats up guards and stuns for a good bit. You should use his c.shuriken to test out your opponents reactions and KnJ ability. If they can sub it near every time, then you know it might not be a good idea to use his grab because of the opponents skill with KnJ. His items are good. I usually save my chakra up Ramen after a U2 or U3. He has two bombs which cause strike back, so save them for support drive if you are using and attack type. His stat down tags are good, but I rarely use them. If you're feeling confident that your opponent cannot sub your air combo's, use the attack up pill. It will increase the damage of your air combo's. This is done slightly, so your opponent may not realize that they eat more health than normal. Also, if you can, c.dash>bomb. Works like a charm if your opponent gets stunned.

Awakening

• Normal Naruto's awakening is difficult to control for beginners. The best thing to do as a beginner is keep your head cool. You have to remember you are not invincible. The combo's are too long against players who know the game. If you know your opponent can KnJ well then c.dash into grab. Most will freak out and spam KnJ, but at least 60% of the time it'll be too late to realize it. My tactic with the four tailed Kyuubi mode is to spam c.shuriken when the opponent gets into corners of the map. If you can knock your opponent down with a c.shuriken in Kyuubi mode, it's safe to now go for the U1. It hits opponents on the ground, but I think the first two hits may miss. You can also launch one chakra gun from mid air, but this is usually dodged unless the opponent is freaking out. Run around with Naruto and c.dash into openings. His base speed without double tapping X/A is very quick. By knocking your opponent down, force them to wake up into a c.shuriken. Fight smart, don't spam his U1 off the bat. Use Naruto's awakening to finish the fight or to buy time. No one usually approaches it unless they are dumb or really experienced and take advantage of the fact that he cannot be knocked down.

Supports

• For beginners you want to stick with Team 7. That's Sakura (Guard) and Sasuke (Attack). Sakura's support type allows you to do damage and or keep your opponent suppressed. Her attack can also be performed in mid air. Sakura's crucial to you because by jumping she literally turns into a cruise missile. When I'm hit with an SB, I spam Sakura's support to call her in mid air quickly if I have her ready. I can't tell you how many times I've stopped that U3 from hitting me because my opponent didn't expect Sakura to rush in. Plus, with Sakura on your side, as you learn about her more you can pull of U1's and U2's if your opponent doesn't rebound out of the fall. I usually let Sasuke sit back. I save Sasuke for troublesome opponents and use him to c.dash>fireball. This won't always give you a SB, but it's good to keep him for SB or when your opponent has a large opening. The 6 point team allows you quickness of support (3 dots) and quicker support gauge fill (3 dots). This is good because it allows beginners to cover their mistakes without having to wait so long for support, and makes it easier to get into support drive. Experienced players can wait around until support drive and go... Sakura = U2, Support drive/chakra charge = SB, U2 =Chakra charge = SB = U3. Of course not right after one another, but it's possible to pull off two U2's and a team attack with Team 7. Support drive was made for this team, use it well.

Total Beginner Ability

• I give Naruto a solid 4/5 for beginners. This is due to the ease of his jutsu, air combo's, awakening and weapons. A friend of mine picked up UNS2 for the first time ever and within two or three matches she could pull off a good Rasengan and air combo.

Potential

• Naruto can be used at all levels of skill. More skilled players can land U1's and U2's from Sakura type supports and also learn how to quicken supports with the first few hits of his combo. He is a player that you can main and get better with from Beginner to Hero rank.

Luck

• Naruto will usually win the fight if you stick with his moves. He's got a cutscene jutsu and the ability to chain jutsu from SB. His awakening is super powerful and as long as you keep your head in the game you have a good chance of winning or losing with some pride.

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!"

Last edited by Sasuke on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Naruto's Beginner Guide    Naruto's Beginner Guide  Clock14Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:16 am

good job. cool picture too!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Naruto's Beginner Guide    Naruto's Beginner Guide  Clock14Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:56 am

Nice, perfect for beginners :coolguy:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Naruto's Beginner Guide    Naruto's Beginner Guide  Clock14Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:07 pm

Awesome guide! Naruto's Beginner Guide  519190
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Naruto's Beginner Guide    Naruto's Beginner Guide  Clock14Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:21 pm

It is indeed very good for beginners to Naruto. I suck with him, so.. D:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Naruto's Beginner Guide    Naruto's Beginner Guide  Clock14Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:42 pm

Quote :
You have to remember you are not invincible.
Wrong :problem:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Naruto's Beginner Guide    Naruto's Beginner Guide  Clock14Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:40 pm

Bobroham wrote:
Quote :
You have to remember you are not invincible.
Wrong Naruto's Beginner Guide  563707

Not everyone has your powers though Bob :problem:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Naruto's Beginner Guide    Naruto's Beginner Guide  Clock14Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:14 pm

Nice, remember you can cancel his air combo aka "short hop attack" which has fast recovery and good against blockers.

His U1 has fast recovery so it's hard for the opponent to punish after blocking.

Can U1/U2(9T) after c. dash.

"Obama" rasengan XD is only useful when you break opp's guard and have not enough chakra to U2. Eventhough I would probably use up item and do the U2.

You should post the item info :P
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Naruto's Beginner Guide    Naruto's Beginner Guide  Clock14Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:28 pm

Great guide, I love this, it's really nice. Gives great information, also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naruto's Beginner Guide    Naruto's Beginner Guide  Clock14

Back to top Go down

Naruto's Beginner Guide
Page 1 of 1