Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:52 am

First topic message reminder :

You know the technique that is oftenly used on Team matches?

Where you release a rush/projectile support and c. dash towards your opponent tricking them into guarding, plus getting hit by your support during the clash animation. It's really hard to KNJ.

It's kind of annoying typing down a whole sentence when I'm talking about this technique we all know and use...
It should have a name or some initials like SB and KNJ do.

Maybe something like SC (support clash) or something like that... any ideas? O.o

---------------------

EDIT: Here are the valid suggestions posted, you can choose from these or post yours.(1 vote per person. Can't vote on yours)

1. CDS (Chakra Dash Support)
2. DS or SD (Dash support or Support Dash)
3. CSJ (Clash Support Jutsu)
4. No-Block
5. Support Bump (SpB)
6. Bump trick
7. Clash Punishing
8. Support infiltration/Invasion (SpI)
9. Support Assault (SpA)
10. Support Raid (SpR)
11. Support Trap (SpT)
12. Support Lockdown

---------------------------------------------------

**Here are the ones that got votes: (The contributor cannot vote on their own names)***

CSJ (Clash Support Jutsu)- Squadiee
SpB (Support Bump) - N4L, Trimmimortal, Glenndevis
SpT (Support Trap)- HARM, DJ, Razeyurstyle, Lumin, Masta kaka
DS (Dash Support)- Bobroham, LightingLi

Will keep adding them as they come.

Last edited by Ziiko on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:53 am; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:13 pm

SpB (Support Bump)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:02 pm

[N4L] wrote:
SpB (Support Bump)
To me this is the only one that doesn't sound retarded other than dash-support, and dash-support is the only one that actually makes sense.
So my vote for DS. If no one else votes for DS just change it to bump.

Support Trap...
Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Tarp-311

Last edited by Bobroham on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:04 pm

lol. I think no1 voted for that before because of SD card and Nintendo DS.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:49 am

LETS GET THIS OVER WITH!

On monday the name that gains the most votes, will be the official name for this tech.
1 VOTE PER PLAYER.
IF YOU CAME UP WITH THE NAME, YOU CANNOT VOTE ON YOURS.

Read the OP.

*incoming troll* nah son

Last edited by Ziiko on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:03 am

Screw you I'ma call it whatever I want
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:06 am

:ed:
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:40 pm

SpT for me.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:33 pm

How can you guys call a c.dash-support a support trap? Where's the trap? Maybe if you do what I do with Sasori and bait people into dashing and call in Pain, maybe you could call that a support trap, but it still sounds stupid.
Bobroham wrote:
Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Tarp-311
It's a tarp! :ed:
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Its kind of like a trap because when you clash you're trapped in that clash animation, and you get hit by the support as a result. I guess a more accurate name would be 'Clash Trap or Clt'.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:34 pm

«ﮋᴏɧɲɳy» wrote:
Its kind of like a trap because when you clash you're trapped in that clash animation, and you get hit by the support as a result. I guess a more accurate name would be 'Clash Trap or Clt'.

Keep your piercings out of this DJ. But yeah it is kind of a trap as your disabling them from moving after you've set up the "trap".
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Support Bump makes the most sense to me. I've always referred to it as "that annoying bump thing", so close enough :P

Besides, it's not that much of a trap. It's really just a counter measure against people who try to block. A trap implies that you led them into something and fooled them, or something along those lines, like having Itachi shoot a Fireball at the opponent when he's closest to the screen, they side step, and in that brief moment that your character is hidden by the fireball, you activate your U3 and catch them before they can block again (it's been done to me by my amateur cousin, I was legitimately impressed. Of course, he didn't plan it that way, but that's what happened). So yeah.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:41 pm

When I play Halo and shoot someone with a plasma pistol to disable their shield I don't call it a tarp.
(NOT SAYING THAT I PLAY HALO HAHAHAHAHAHA)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:22 pm

Hmm.. I wouldn't call it a support trap. It's hard to knj out of it but it's still possible.
SpB could work, but DS makes sense for me the most.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:36 pm

I'm not voting cuz i don't like any but my own. (Chakra Dash Support = CDS)
herp derp
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:41 pm

i vote SpT
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:48 am

@LightingLi- Which are you voting for?

@Y'all- If you prefer another name, vote for it. If you think of a better name, post it!

I put the deadline so this thread wouldn't die without a result. But if there is plenty of ppl interested in it, I'll change it. Just spread the word and keep contributing!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:36 am

Oh well. I vote for SpB. Just so SpT doesn't win. Do not want
And BUMP fits the trick way better than TRAP.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:30 pm

DS for me
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:49 am

Added to OP.

C'mon guys, vote! vote! VOTE!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:44 am

Well I guess SpT wins...?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:49 pm

*Sigh*

I never got around to voting, so maybe my complaint is out of order, but wholly apart from the issue of whether or not this technique is actually a "trap", the problem that I see with the name "Support Trap" is that there is more than one way to "trap" your opponent with supports. I think that the name is too vague, but if that's what everyone wants...
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:52 pm

Well, I guess a vague name is okay since this form of 'trapping' is so commonly used.
You can pretty much Spt with any support and its all done in exactly the same way with only varying timing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) - Page 2 Clock14

Back to top Go down

Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2