Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Empty
PostSubject: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:52 am

You know the technique that is oftenly used on Team matches?

Where you release a rush/projectile support and c. dash towards your opponent tricking them into guarding, plus getting hit by your support during the clash animation. It's really hard to KNJ.

It's kind of annoying typing down a whole sentence when I'm talking about this technique we all know and use...
It should have a name or some initials like SB and KNJ do.

Maybe something like SC (support clash) or something like that... any ideas? O.o

---------------------

EDIT: Here are the valid suggestions posted, you can choose from these or post yours.(1 vote per person. Can't vote on yours)

1. CDS (Chakra Dash Support)
2. DS or SD (Dash support or Support Dash)
3. CSJ (Clash Support Jutsu)
4. No-Block
5. Support Bump (SpB)
6. Bump trick
7. Clash Punishing
8. Support infiltration/Invasion (SpI)
9. Support Assault (SpA)
10. Support Raid (SpR)
11. Support Trap (SpT)
12. Support Lockdown

---------------------------------------------------

**Here are the ones that got votes: (The contributor cannot vote on their own names)***

CSJ (Clash Support Jutsu)- Squadiee
SpB (Support Bump) - N4L, Trimmimortal, Glenndevis
SpT (Support Trap)- HARM, DJ, Razeyurstyle, Lumin, Masta kaka
DS (Dash Support)- Bobroham, LightingLi

Will keep adding them as they come.

Last edited by Ziiko on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:53 am; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:33 pm

Support Dive?
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:28 pm

No, support dive sounds too close to 'Support Drive' which is when your team gauge fills up to level 1. Plus the acronym would be the same.

I think we should call this technique maybe 'clash punishing' or something. SC is already used for 'Storm Combo,' not that many people use it anyway, but its a mildly known term.

I'll post again if I think of a better name.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:20 pm

No-Block?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:39 pm

SD(support-dash) or DS(dash-support)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:41 pm

CSJ (Clash Support Jutsu) ...?

It's the correct order, 1st they clash then the support jutsu connects.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:31 pm

I like that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:09 pm

It's not THAT hard to knj it.
I usually mention it as: Dash -> Support or chakra dash into support.
What about: CDS (= Chakra Dash Support)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:47 pm

Eventhough it's not that hard to KNJ, It's mainly the way people score damage in rank matches.
CDS sounds ok but I like CSJ better.
I noticed that most of us posted the word "Support"(S) on it, so I guess that initial/word is a must!

I'll keep editting the OP with your countributions and see the feedback we get from the community.

Yo DJ how about making a poll about which acronym to choose?

Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:15 am

Sounds like a plan. I'll sticky it and request more feedback from the community.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:52 am

i always called it "support bump"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:13 am

I've always called it the "bump trick"...although support bump sounds really good too. Since it has that support word you were looking for.

P.s. If you KnJ the dash (which is easier) most of the jutsu's won't even score a hit on you....with exception to dash jutsu's. But atleast they will be blockable.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:35 am

'Support bump' does sound really good. I like that one a lot. Short and sweet.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:57 am

Razeyurstyle wrote:
I've always called it the "bump trick"...although support bump sounds really good too. Since it has that support word you were looking for.

P.s. If you KnJ the dash (which is easier) most of the jutsu's won't even score a hit on you....with exception to dash jutsu's. But atleast they will be blockable.

after knjing the dash u can grab (depending on how fast ur character can grab) or u can tilt
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:16 am

Cool, keep 'em coming!
I'd like something that can be briefed in initials, "support bump" can't be because of strike back, but that's just my opinion.

Support infiltration/Invasion (SI)
Support Assault (SA)
Support Raid (SR)
Support Trap (ST)

I'll keep adding...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:49 pm

I think CSJ is pretty good, easy to remember and pretty much says it all
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:47 pm

So far the ones that I think are the best are:

Support Bump - (We could use 'SpB' instead of 'SB')

Support Trap - ST

I prefer three letter acronyms over two letter, simply because most two letter acronyms can mean a number of different things. So I would say SpB would work really well. Or we could use SpT instead of ST for 'Support Trap,' it really rolls off the tongue better than 'ST' or 'SpB.'
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:58 pm

SpT works better so there wont be any confusion with SB, plus it would be lame saying "Spb into SB."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:33 am

CSJ, SpB and SpT have positive feedback.

I don't think my vote counts because I'm rooting for the ones I posted, so...

CSJ (Clash Support Jutsu)- Squadiee, DJ
SpB (Support Bump)- DJ
SpT or ST (Support Trap)- HARM, DJ.

Choose one DJ! XD
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:05 am

Lol, ok. I put my vote on SpT. What do you think, Ziiko?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:15 am

Sounds great Smile

Last edited by Ziiko on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:53 am

i cast my vote for support bump (SpB)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:20 am

Shadow, voting on your own name doesn't count. XP
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:59 am

I gotta vote for Spt....and here is my reason. The whole basis of the action is the calling of support. "Spt" looks like its short for support...even tho the acro means something in its own right...if you were to just glance at it, support is one of the first things to come to mind. To top it off, as DJ noted, Spt rolls off the tongue with greater ease than Spb

Spb actually makes me think of sponge bob for some reason
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:37 am

Support Lockdown sounds better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)   Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday) Clock14

Back to top Go down

Vote for the name of this tech! (deadline is on monday)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next