Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi

Go down 

How would you rate this guide?
Very Helpful.
Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Vote_lcap64%Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Vote_rcap
 64% [ 9 ]
Decent enough to get by.
Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Vote_lcap7%Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Eh, I guess this helps.
Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Vote_lcap0%Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
F#$K YOU HAR MUH SEE!!!!!
Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Vote_lcap29%Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Empty
PostSubject: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:25 am

Last edited by HARM on Sun May 15, 2011 7:29 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:34 am

Nice guide that covers the basics of Asuma.
I actually didn't know u could U1 -> SB -> U1 (or U2) with Asuma. I thought it was too slow.

I used to main Asuma and i still play him sometimes. I usually use Shikamaru (balance) and Choji (attack)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:38 am

so much better than mine..... T_T
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:46 am

@Glenn: Yeah, that string can be stingy because there's such a small window coming off the u1's ending lag to hit again.

@Prostriker: I typed most of this up a few weeks ago, just never put the finishing touches on it. But once I saw Skye's challenge and your attempt I was motivated enough to post it. Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to show you up, that was not intended.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:47 am

thats not it.... just that mine failed. XD. i edited it. Its better now. (still not that great)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:52 am

At least you tried. People need to get and stay active on this site.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:10 am

Can you check it out? I added more. Tell me what i did wrong. All Skye said is that its trash. Crying
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:53 pm

Awesome guide. Awesome gif.

A few suggestions: 1) are you sure you can U1 > SB > U1? 2) i believe that asuma's u2 has some invulnerability on start up. we can test if u want. 3) Does asuma's tilt/grab cause SB? Can u combo with them? 4) mention that his tilt has multiple parts.

(p.s. I voted for option F#$K YOU HAR MUH SEE!!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:10 pm

One, I was hoping to get more of those votes cinik. And I thought I mentioned his grab causing sb, if not that def has to be added. Also, I'm always down to test with some as established as yourself
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:25 pm

o ya u did mention grab causing sb
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:41 pm

You should mention that you can cancel out his tilt much like sasori can.
Put in some c.kunai to bait a KnJ, and with the slight hitstun one can almost (almost) hope that you can tilt loop with c.kunai for bordering.

Mention some things about how the cloud seems to activate faster when your opponent comes in contact, and it tends to sit out longer when it misses (at least for me it does). I believe the speed-up on activation is what allows you to SB into another U1.

Also mention that if they KnJ sometimes the ash cloud won't activate til after they land and it'll explode if they take action. Very nice, pretty safe at times.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Skyler-X wrote:
You should mention that you can cancel out his tilt much like sasori can.
Put in some c.kunai to bait a KnJ, and with the slight hitstun one can almost (almost) hope that you can tilt loop with c.kunai for bordering.

Mention some things about how the cloud seems to activate faster when your opponent comes in contact, and it tends to sit out longer when it misses (at least for me it does). I believe the speed-up on activation is what allows you to SB into another U1.

Also mention that if they KnJ sometimes the ash cloud won't activate til after they land and it'll explode if they take action. Very nice, pretty safe at times.

Ill be sure to add that stuff when I get home from work, I'm smiling because seeing as you added to it instead of blasting me I'm going to take it as a sign of approval. =P
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:20 am

Edited with Skye's info.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:06 am

Hey man, how about breaking down the combos and awakening's info? (hits, KNJ difficulty, SB/no SB, guard breaks, ninja tools, etc.)

Other than that, it's brief and informative, just the way I like it ;)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:05 am

sorry, I wrote this under the impression that most players have accepted that combos are terrible in uns2 lol. I'll update it later if it's really necessary. As for awakening, that will be updated sooner because I've actually been using it in my recent matches (though I do barely play.) Items were mentioned in pros and cons and really don't need more explanation than they were given.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 am

We all accept that. But it is still a part of the character.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:11 am

harm does what he wants
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:05 am

If we all accept that combos are bad and get you punished then what is the point of elaborating upon them? I mean, do I really need to write a paragraph for each combo just to tell you what you already know?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:57 am

HAR MUH SEE wrote:
sorry, I wrote this under the impression that most players have accepted that combos are terrible in uns2 lol. I'll update it later if it's really necessary. As for awakening, that will be updated sooner because I've actually been using it in my recent matches (though I do barely play.) Items were mentioned in pros and cons and really don't need more explanation than they were given.

Yeah, I love using my combos. Anyways nice guide. I might go pick up Asuma for a bit then. thanks
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:58 pm

A guide should cover every move of a character, plus if a move has at least one use, it's not completely useless, let me explain...

-You can U1 midway his ground combos, I'm not sure but I think his c. kunai might also, and it comes out fast.

-If an opponent runs out of chakra and you can pull out a full combo which one would it be? His Neutral combo, 13 hits, plus it causes SB (always a good perk).

-Deidara, Kankurou and Itachi can't KNJ during awakening, so which is the longest combo you can pull on them to do more damage? His down combo, 24 hits, then release a support during your cool down and repeat.

-His air combo is mildly easy to KNJ but you can use that to your advantage, because they will probably KNJ and you can KNJ back, c. dash(fast falls and dashes under opponent) and land a U1, (they'll KNJ the 1st part but might get caught in the explosion) causing SB.

- Awakening- His jedi air combo is the quickest and hardest combo to KNJ, 2 hits, does good damage. His grab has laggy startup but guard breaks, good against guard mashers. If your opponent blocks the 1st punch of his ground combo, he'll be stunned through the whole combo until his guard breaks, hopefully you'll land the last hit. What I like about his awakening is that he doesn't depends un his chakra moves to own. So when he cool downs, he might have some good amount of chakra to manage.

See? No paragraphs, just a couple of brief, informative sentences for each move.
So... they are not completely useless and someone curious on picking up Asuma should be aware of these possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:45 pm

Ziiko wrote:
A guide should cover every move of a character, plus if a move has at least one use, it's not completely useless, let me explain...

-You can U1 midway his ground combos, I'm not sure but I think his c. kunai might also, and it comes out fast.

-If an opponent runs out of chakra and you can pull out a full combo which one would it be? His Neutral combo, 13 hits, plus it causes SB (always a good perk).

-Deidara, Kankurou and Itachi can't KNJ during awakening, so which is the longest combo you can pull on them to do more damage? His down combo, 24 hits, then release a support during your cool down and repeat.

LOL what? Do you play on 360 or something? Because on PS3, Itachi, Kankuro, and Deidara can KnJ in their awakenings
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Why would you use any of his ground combos when his tilt is infinitely better? "Oh they cancel into u1" is not a valid answer because you cancel out of the tilt into u1 or ckunai. As for his awakening I said I would update later. But you're wrong, if they block the first hit, they can still knj the next couple hits, they're not stunned until guard break. But I'd rather this thread not deteriorate into an argument over anything. As stated before updates are coming soon.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:23 pm

OK man, I was mistaken about the stun thing, I thought it was the same thing as Guy's. I wrote above some uses i found about the combos eventhough the tilt is clearly better. But their combos aren't completely useless, that was my point. But don't worry, it's not such a big deal.

@Godless- I didn't notice because my opponents never KNJ'd on me lol. But even if they sub, they still stay in front of you and it's hard for them to counter attack during your combos. But thanks for correcting me, good to know ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi   Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi Clock14

Back to top Go down

Protecting the King - A Brief Guide to Asuma Sarutobi
Page 1 of 1