Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*obvious smokescreen intro*

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

*obvious smokescreen intro* Empty
PostSubject: *obvious smokescreen intro*   *obvious smokescreen intro* Clock14Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:33 pm

DATTEBAYO! rage

So I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm personally excited for the site transfer and all,
And the new games should be nice but I want you all to be honest.

By adding new games, is anyone else afraid the uns2 scene will die out?
Supposidly it already lacks support, and with how turtle-based it is its hard to imagine it living...

I like uns2, but the reason I joined the site in the first place is to watch it grow...
If uns2 dies but we keep the people, I'll be happy.

I've come to think of you all as slightly odd-smelling aquatences. shy

So whats your input?
When new games come into play, will it overshadow uns2?
Will you be sad or affected if this is the end result?
If we add more games, which do you think, if any, will take over?
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: *obvious smokescreen intro*   *obvious smokescreen intro* Clock14Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:03 pm

Honestly, any of the games could easily take over. I'm adding games because the UNS2 scene is dying out.
Everywhere I go to potentially promote, I read people saying how bad this game is and how they only play every once in a while. I'm still looking for the people who still like this game, because we really do need more players who love this game here.

Arashi and TNS are the only hope to save this game. As far as I know, R5 still has tourneys going. I'm going to promote the Arashi ladders over there soon, to round up some more people who still like this game.
We can look at it like this; If we still play the game (competitively) and continue to make guides and discuss the game regularly and then eventually (in March) get the ladders going, then possibly the people who stopped playing might come back to play it again and join the community. I believe the main reason people stopped playing its because; A. Its not the best game in the world. and B. They didn't have a community to keep them interested in the game. So as long as we keep UNS2 as the main game here, people will find us soon enough.

I'm hoping that none of the other games take over, and instead just attract other players who also have UNS2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: *obvious smokescreen intro*   *obvious smokescreen intro* Clock14Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:07 pm

i agree that uns2 should always be the main focus and if people come here for other games hopefully we can convince them to try uns2 out.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: *obvious smokescreen intro*   *obvious smokescreen intro* Clock14Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:19 pm

I hope UNS2 doesn't die out It is one of my favorite fighting games
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: *obvious smokescreen intro*   *obvious smokescreen intro* Clock14Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:49 pm

I agree that UNS2 should styay the main focus of this site.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: *obvious smokescreen intro*   *obvious smokescreen intro* Clock14Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:11 pm

As much as I love uns2 I for one hope it doesn't take up more than 50% of the activity of this site in the future. We also shouldn't be biased to new games that we are adding and give them as many sections as necessary for those games.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: *obvious smokescreen intro*   *obvious smokescreen intro* Clock14Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Well NUNS2 or Naruto games in general should stay the main game(s) on this forum.
I don't mind other games but i hope they don't take over too much. I'd say to keep em on sub boards.
Yes maybe the game is slowly dying but i've had it since release and it's STILL my most played game.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: *obvious smokescreen intro*   *obvious smokescreen intro* Clock14Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:11 pm

I agree with Lumi, whereas uns2 shouldn't be any more than fifty percent of the site once other games are added. This site has a pretty good group of people all coming together for this game that sadly has an expiration date. If you plan on adding other games, you shouldn't limit them, you should be looking to expand on them as much as you've tried with uns2.

If Arashi is going to bother with adding other games, it shows that expansion is on the mind. There's no reason Arashi can't be a community that caters to any games that can prove to have support.

tl;dr - Don't expand with limits in mind.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: *obvious smokescreen intro*   *obvious smokescreen intro* Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:03 am

If NUNS2 is not the focus of the site anymore, you can say bye-bye benfen.

I'm sory if this offends anybody. But seriously, I joined this site to find a NUNS2 community. Not a gaming community based on all fihgting games. I'm recently going on the Dissidia Forums, and that game has been out for a long time, they still maintain a focus on Dissidia.

Sure, is NUNS3 comes out we can move on to that, because then NUNS2 will be outdated. That's what Dissidia forums is gonna be like. But I think we just need more activty around here.

TNS is keeping NUNS2 based. Why can't Arashi do the same? I have an idea to get more activity on here and TNS.

Bear with me and I'll converse with DJ.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: *obvious smokescreen intro*   *obvious smokescreen intro* Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:51 am

I have no intentions of changing the sites focus from UNS. If Lumi and Harm want a site that can focus on other games, I'm sure you can find many out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: *obvious smokescreen intro*   *obvious smokescreen intro* Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:15 pm

We're not saying change the focus, we're just saying that if you're adding other games for example let's say only 2 more, then UNS should have around 50% of the space, thus keeping it at a constant majority but not screwing the other games. I'm just saying it would be kinda pointless to say we're expanding for other games and then put out a single MvC3 discussion thread (which I doubt would be the case anyway.)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: *obvious smokescreen intro*   *obvious smokescreen intro* Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:05 pm

The thing is this site was made with NUNS2 as the focus, it wasn't made as a multi-fighter forum. Having sub threads is alright and NUNS2 should always have a higher majority of the focus. If people want to discuss other games then they will look for a site that focuses mainly on the game they are playing. If i want SC info I don't think i would come here if it was in a sub forum, I would go to a site thats main focus is SC.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: *obvious smokescreen intro*   *obvious smokescreen intro* Clock14Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:50 am

I say keep the focus on なると! lol. Seriously, and maybe make a sub board for BO Zombies... I love that game.lol
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: *obvious smokescreen intro*   *obvious smokescreen intro* Clock14Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:25 am

Just have a little tab (like general and that).

That's what TNS is doing. Now it sounds like I'm tryna model Arashi into a bigger TNS.

Rest assured, I'm not :B
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: *obvious smokescreen intro*   *obvious smokescreen intro* Clock14Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:10 pm

You gotta admit that UNS2 doesn't do shit concerning DLC and thus, variation is needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *obvious smokescreen intro*   *obvious smokescreen intro* Clock14

Back to top Go down

*obvious smokescreen intro*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Arashi Boards :: General :: The Social Hall-
Jump to: