Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011

Go down 

What day should we host this?
Feburary 11 (fri)
Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Vote_lcap8%Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Feburary 12 (sat)
Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Vote_lcap42%Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Feburary 13 (sun)
Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Vote_lcap8%Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Feburary 18 (fri)
Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Vote_lcap0%Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Feburary 19 (sat)
Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Vote_lcap33%Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Feburary 20 (sun)
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011   Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Clock14Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:56 pm

This is a prep discussion. If you wish to join, please post in the "BoL sign ups" when they are prepared.

You can expect this mid-feburary, I'll leave a poll to decide what day.
I'm hoping to keep this a one-day event.

Basic rules, uchiha hideout is banned.
No character bans. Sasori/shika/kank are all legal.
Each match will be best 2/3, the finals being best 3/5.
Single Elimination.

There is no singles tournament. There are two divisions to the tourney (360, ps3)
A lag test is recommended. If lag in unmanagable, we will try to fit you with a better opponent.

I plan to try and start this at a specific time, so I'll be posting the starting time with time zone convrsions
These will stretch from Alaska to Italy for both the american and euro players.

If an event beyond basic human control (power outage, emergencies, etc.) please let us know so that we may
be sure you aren't disconecting.
Any unexplained events that lead to disconnection will count as a loss.
Any events explained but invalid under the "beyond human control" pretense are counted as a loss.

Repeated disconnections through multiple tournaments may result in a banning from any further tournaments.

If theres any questions, I'll answer them directly here.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011   Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Clock14Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:49 pm

I'll vote after I check my schedule. Also I will definitely be in this tourney.

I have a request/suggestion to make. Lets make this tourney a little more interesting.
How about we add another element besides the usual, teams, no UH, 2/3.
Maybe we can do a squad type thing. Like squads of 2 or 3. Each team member plays every member of another team and they count up their wins. And the team with the most wins at the end advances to the next round or something. Or instead of rounds, every team fights every team, then the scores are tallied at the end.

Its sort of similar to the upcoming war at TNS. Maybe we can use this as like a sort of practice maybe.
Just a suggestion, I would join either way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011   Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Clock14Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:49 am

If you want to do teams, I suggest the Pokemon rules they use in Tekken Team tournaments. I can explain if it's really needed.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011   Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Clock14Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:54 am

Explain please
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011   Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Clock14Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:03 am

Pokemon rules work as follows (using three man teams as an example):

Three people to a team, each team selects who plays first in the match. Whoever wins can either play against the next person on the other team or switch out with one of his/her teammates. When a player loses they cant play again in that match.. Whatever team gets three wins in a match moves on to the next round.

Get what I'm saying?

Last edited by HAR MUH SEE on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011   Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Clock14Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:05 am

I was planning to do squads in the tourney after this one, but if a lot of people want it I can follow through.

Though the team will be me, path, and cinik if your going to make this a part of it. <__<
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011   Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Clock14Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:36 am

why single elimination?

this baffles me

is their a reason other then (cuz i said so?)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011   Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Clock14Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:48 am

single elimination is the simplest and quickest way of getting things done.
I plan to do more double elimination around the summer when people have more time to spend on this kind of thing if the uns2 scene survives that long.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011   Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Clock14Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:02 am

-off topic snip-
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011   Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Clock14Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:19 am

Well sorry to say we have enough to fill two sites and hold tourneys, so it isn't dead per se.
If you've got something important to say, do so. Otherwise hold your peace.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011   Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Clock14Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:20 pm

The squad idea sounds fun, it would let us mix it up a bit, I say go for it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011   Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Clock14Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:43 am

yea i like the squad idea to. As long as we get 2 pick our teammates. And is this a single or team tourney? (support wise)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011   Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Clock14Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:19 am

Where do i sign up? :D
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011   Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Clock14Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:03 am

umm. read u dont. not till later anyways
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011   Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011 Clock14

Back to top Go down

Arashiboards: Birth of Legends 2011
Page 1 of 1