Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forum/Uns2 Dictionary

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Empty
PostSubject: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Please post anything I might have missed and/or got wrong. If you do post, please post the problem and how to fix it. Don't just say it's wrong.
If you are going to post a new word try and put it in the same format as me.
So far I have barely anything for the dictionary so please help.
The forum dictionary and Uns2 Dictionary will be split if they grow to big. More will be added later.
You will get credit for your post or add-on to a word. If it is posted by me there will be no credit.

Forum Dictionary
Footsies- Posted by Skyler-X: A type of play style. Mostly used in 2D fighters. When you punish missed attacks, use poke patterns to set up throws, and intentionally make yourself appear vulnerable, you're using footsies.

irl- in real life.

iirc- If i recall correctly.

lmao- laughing my ass off.

lmfao- laughing my fucking ass off.

lol- laugh out loud.

Trolling- Posted by Jeuce: Someone who deliberately causes controversy. Trolls will post offensive material, or sometimes even a "carefully crafted lie" simply to get a reaction.

UNS2 Dictionary
Awakening- Posted by [DJ]: Holding the chakra button when health is low enough. Leaves you in a powerful state where attacks are stronger. Some characters are given alternate movesets and others are completely transformed.

C.Back Dash- Posted by [DJ]: Same as C.Dash except you dash backwards. Hold back while you press jump during a chakra load.

Chakra Charge- Posted by[DJ]: Holding the chakra button. Charges your chakra bar.

C.dash- Chakra dash. Posted by [DJ]: Press jump after a chakra load. Allows you to dash at your opponent.

Chakra gauge- Posted by [DJ]: Shows your remaining chakra, when it is empty, you can no longer perform any chakra moves.

C.kunai- Chakra kunai. Posted by [DJ]: Attacking using the projectile button after a chakra load.

Chakra Load- Posted by [DJ]: Tapping the chakra button. Loads your chakra from a chakra move. i.e. U1/2/3, cDash, cKunai.

Guard Break- Posted by [DJ]: Breaking a guarding opponent's shield. Leaves them in a dazed state where they are open to attack.

Health gauge- Posted by [DJ]: Shows your remaining health. When it is empty, the match is over.

Item- Posted by [DJ]: Pressing a directional button. Sends out a ninja tool, tag, or powers you up with a pill.

KnJ- To substitue. When you block something just at the right moment and appear behind the opponent.

Ninja Dash- Posted by [DJ]: Press jump twice while stationary. You dash at your opponent from the air.

Ninja Move- Posted by [DJ]: Press jump twice while moving. Allows you to evade projectiles and move around faster.

NunsFeet- Posted by Skyler-X: This NUNS2's version of footsies.They are simply working a distance game and keeping it basic.

Pain Hinata Pin-up- A technique performed by using hinatas jutsu and Pains support type jutsu at the same time causing a high level of damage. Is banned from most tournaments.

Ranked Match- Posted by Jeuce: Online battle where you play for Battle points to raise your title, the higher lv the opponent the more BP you get. If you lose a battle you lose BP and have to play someone else to gain more points. Ranked also keeps track of your wins/loses and your character usage.

Shuriken- Posted by [DJ]: Attacking using the projectile button.

SM Naruto- Abbreviation for Sage Mode Naruto. Character used in Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2.

Spamming- The use of the same move over and over again. Considered by many the cheapest tactic. Mostly used by SM Naruto.

Strike[/b - Posted by [DJ]: Attacking using the melee button.

[b]Support
- Posted by [DJ]: Attacking with supports by pressing the support buttons.

Team gauge- Posted by [DJ]: The bar beside your health bar during a team match. It has two levels, 1 and 2. When it reaches level 1, you may perform the special team abilities according to the support types you have chosen. When at level 2, you may perform a U3.

Tech- Posted by [DJ]: Pressing the jump button at the highest point of toss, or when knocked to the ground. You recover faster.

Throw- Posted by [DJ]: Unblockable attack. Melee while guarding.

Turtling- A type of play style. When some basically keeps a long range game. Usually used to wait out the timer. Some consider this a cheap tactic. Posted by Jeuce: Turtling is playing defensively. More or less you work on your spacing and punishment game when you turtle against players. Always trying to stay at your best range and not create any openings for them to capitalize on, while waiting for them to use an unsafe move so you can punish.

U1- Normal jutsu

U2- Ultimate jutsu

U3- Team Ultimate jutsu

Last edited by RasenRengan on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:04 pm; edited 21 times in total
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:16 pm

My only question is.....

Whats with the quotes?
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:57 am

RasenRengan wrote:
I\
Footsies- Something that can't be used in UNS2. Proven by: DJ and Luminssence. A type of play style. Basically hit and run.
DJ: Footsies can't be used in UNS2 Skye...
Skyler-X- Then a different type of footsies.
Luminssence: There isn't a different type Footsies is Footsies...

[

except when sniperworm stated otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:36 am

The quotes was because I was bored... And I will have to take a look at sniper worms statement and if so footsies will be moved into the UNS2 part of the dictionary.
And i will take the quotes out i think because they are just plainly dumb in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:10 am

Turtling isn't just waiting out the clock!

Turtling is playing defensively. More or less you work on your spacing and punishment game when you turtle against players. Always trying to stay at your best range and not create any openings for them to capitalize on, while waiting for them to use an unsafe move so you can punish.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:23 am

Thanks I will make sure to add that in
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:37 am

Okay I prettied it up so hopefully its a little more "legit"
And keep the definitions coming any word that is misused or isn't on here
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:48 am

These are not really uns2 specific terms.

You should put things like our abbreviations and nick names for certain characters.
Terms like U1, U2, and define some basic terms from the game like combos, team guage, SB, support drive, etc.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:56 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pESOSI2hTA

There you go, definition for troll
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:45 am

Its not called footsies anymore anyways, it's called
"nunsfeet"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:20 pm

Wow I watched the definition for troll video. nice dude.
Skye hopefully this solved a lot of problems with my update. I decided that footsies would be in the forum dictionary to describe other games, while you said it is now called nunsfeet so that will be used for the UNS2 Dictionary. Hopefully when I get the time for my next update it will be in alphabetical order and i will also add new words.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:39 pm

Strike - Attacking using the melee button.

Throw - Unblockable attack. Melee while guarding.

Guard Break - Breaking a guarding opponent's shield. Leaves them in a dazed state where they are open to attack.

Shuriken - Attacking using the projectile button.

Ninja Move - Press jump twice while moving. Allows you to evade projectiles and move around faster.

Ninja Dash - Press jump twice while stationary. You dash at your opponent from the air.

Tech - Pressing the jump button at the highest point of toss, or when knocked to the ground. You recover faster.

Chakra Charge - Holding the chakra button. Charges your chakra bar.

Chakra Load - Tapping the chakra button. Loads your chakra from a chakra move. i.e. U1/2/3, cDash, cKunai.

cKunai - Attacking using the projectile button after a chakra load.

cDash - Press jump after a chakra load. Allows you to dash at your opponent.

cBack Dash - Same as cDash except you dash backwards. Hold back while you press jump during a chakra load.

Awakening - Holding the chakra button when health is low enough. Leaves you in a powerful state where attacks are stronger. Some characters are given alternate movesets and others are completely transformed.

Item - Pressing a directional button. Sends out a ninja tool, tag, or powers you up with a pill.

Support - Attacking with supports by pressing the support buttons.

Health gauge - Shows your remaining health. When it is empty, the match is over

Chakra gauge - Shows your remaining chakra, when it is empty, you can no longer perform any chakra moves.

Team gauge - The bar beside your health bar during a team match. It has two levels, 1 and 2. When it reaches level 1, you may perform the special team abilities according to the support types you have chosen. When at level 2, you may perform a U3.

I defined a lot, now I'll list some more that you guys can finish defining.

Ranked Match
Player Match
Ultimate Adventure
Free Battle
Cinema
Support Drive
Team Orbs (And the individual orb types)
Support Types: Balance, Attack, Guard
Match Types: Teams, Singles.

And some story mode stuff too like maybe Warp Scroll, bentos, Jizo, etc.
Cmon guys these are not hard to define. Don't make me have to define them all.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:43 am

Just finished adding that list, but guys seriously DJ is right they are easy to define anything helps.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:30 am

Ranked Match: Online battle where you play for Battle points to raise your title, the higher lv the opponent the more BP you get. If you lose a battle you lose BP and have to play someone else to gain more points. Ranked also keeps track of your wins/loses and your character usage.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:04 pm

added
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:58 pm

Necro! lol

Last edited by Ziiko on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:08 am

Personally, Ive been calling what you refer to as BB, as Clashing. To replace what clashing originally was in UNS1.

Plus everyone calls Killer Bee, KB.

Here is the official Terminology thread, that also needs to be updated.

http://www.arashiboards.com/t30-general-terminology
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:22 pm

yeah don't necro this failure again... please -_-
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:04 am

I donĀ“t know if this "technique" has been mentioned but i caught ppl a lot because of it, it's simply jumping and while jumping c.dash he gets to the floor rly fast and dashes towards the oponent. It's kinda useful if you want to surprise the enemy or something. If this technique is to be added i would advise calling it "jc.dash"
or any other suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum/Uns2 Dictionary   Forum/Uns2 Dictionary Clock14

Back to top Go down

Forum/Uns2 Dictionary
Page 1 of 1