Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sig maker in training

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Sig maker in training  Empty
PostSubject: Sig maker in training    Sig maker in training  Clock14Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:34 am

Training under the great Lumi! HYES

Anyone is welcome to use this sig if they like, I will be making a bunch more sigs as I try to improve.

Sig maker in training  Brothers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sig maker in training    Sig maker in training  Clock14Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:20 pm

I started off making this just to test some different things and I wanted an interesting pic. I never had any intention of turning it into a real sig, but I kind of liked how it came out. lol

Sig maker in training  SakuraxHina
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sig maker in training    Sig maker in training  Clock14Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:42 pm

Wow some really nice work for just starting. I especially like the brushing on the second one. The dark nature of the first one is great too. Two things though. Notice that I smudged the sides of hinata a bit in the sig I made you. It doesn't look like much but it helps her blend in with the background a bit more and makes it look less like I copyed and pasted her on. Also what you might also want to do is sharpen your focal.

1. New layer
2. image > apply image
3. filter > sharpen > sharpen
Now this is the important part is it will give your signatures depth and make them look a little bit less flat.
Since you're just starting we'll do basic depth.
4. With an erase set on 100% flow and opacity erase everything except the focal point (where your eyes are supposed to be drawn on the sig. In your case it'd be the lesbians and itachi :p) Now if you feel like it looks a little odd compared to the background, erase it with an eraser set on 50% flow and 100% opacity. Click on the eye thing on the applied image layer (this will make it invisible click it again to go back to normal) and if you did everything right, your focal point should stand out more.

Also you need a light source.

Do this on a new layer
1. Pick a 300px soft brush (the round ones that look kind of faded)
2. Pick a really light color close to white
3. Just make a very slight dab close to your render with part of the circle. (It's more of a trial and error kind of thing, everyone has a different way of doing it.)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sig maker in training    Sig maker in training  Clock14Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Will do Lumi, thanks for the advice.

Last edited by Spectre88 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sig maker in training    Sig maker in training  Clock14Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:28 am

Latest sig, I accidentally didn't save my file so this is the best I have. It came out pretty nice, but I had some good ideas to make the lighting a little better, oh well.

Sig maker in training  ShiikaV2
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sig maker in training    Sig maker in training  Clock14Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:34 am

Wow bro. All these sigs look great. Your getting better with each one.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sig maker in training    Sig maker in training  Clock14Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:40 am

Thanks Path, I am slowly learning more tricks as I go along. I haven't used photoshop in years, I forgot how much fun it is. I have always been an artist at heart, I just have no talent when it comes to the real thing. lol
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sig maker in training    Sig maker in training  Clock14Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:07 am

Went back and took another shot at the Minato sig, I just wasn't really too happy with the end result. I think I got something closer to what I was originally aiming for. xD In fact, I think I am going to steal this one :D

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sig maker in training    Sig maker in training  Clock14Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:51 am

new layer > fill orange > set as top layer > set to color burn= instant coolness
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sig maker in training    Sig maker in training  Clock14Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:06 pm

You're right, that is awesome Fearios, thanks for the idea! HYES
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sig maker in training    Sig maker in training  Clock14Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:59 am

These were two of my final versions of the Minato Sig

Sig maker in training  MinatoRevised-2

Sig maker in training  MinatoFireSig3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sig maker in training    Sig maker in training  Clock14Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:13 am

Both look good, but I like the second one better. Nicely done!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sig maker in training    Sig maker in training  Clock14Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:15 pm

I just couldn't resist making this into a sig :D It's a little abstract, but I wanted to give it a spectral like atmosphere.

Sig maker in training  YoruichiShowerFinal2
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sig maker in training    Sig maker in training  Clock14Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:27 pm

My latest sig. I went back and worked on my failed Kunoichi SOTW entry, this was my first attempt at using background scenery.

Sig maker in training  SerenityBorder
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sig maker in training    Sig maker in training  Clock14Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:11 pm

See that kind of blurred effect sig is what I fail most at... I really like what you did with the render and the text is near perfect. But it's just missing a bit more effects, maybe a c4d, or some random brushing with say some flower brushes. Also the border on the top is slightly off. 8/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sig maker in training    Sig maker in training  Clock14

Back to top Go down

Sig maker in training
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Arashi Boards :: Special User Forums :: Signatures-
Jump to: