Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Surround Sound and UNS2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Surround Sound and UNS2 Empty
PostSubject: Surround Sound and UNS2   Surround Sound and UNS2 Clock14Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:57 am

So check it out. I do have a knack for audio. These days we have our games be in Dolby Digital on Xbox 360 and PS3. But the PS3 supports more than Dolby 5.1, but can also play back LPCM 5.1, LPCM 7.1, and DTS 5.1 (if you guys even know at least some of this you'll understand).
I know that the surround sound in Storm 2 isn't the best mixing but I do know that the Dolby and DTS formats have quality differences. DTS is the better (DTS at 1.5Mbps; Dolby at 640kbps), and one day I discovered that the Storm 2 demo offered DTS 5.1 on PS3. What this meant? higher quality sound for Storm 2 on PS3.

Usually if a demo offered DTS, the game would. I wonder if this would be true for Storm 2 on PS3. Those of you in these forums that might have surround sound, have you tested if UNS2 had DTS on PS3 in the full game? I don't have the game yet and I have been trying to research up and down on whether or not it does.

Oh and trust me, I don't usually make posts like this, and also, I have no clue where to put this one.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Surround Sound and UNS2   Surround Sound and UNS2 Clock14Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:41 am

I'll have to see if I can test it in my living room. I believe we have surround sound in there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Surround Sound and UNS2   Surround Sound and UNS2 Clock14Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:26 pm

That's cool. thanks if you can. Just note that you might need to disable Dolby Digital to activate the DTS. I know that some had to do that with some games on PS3 (notably FFXIII)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surround Sound and UNS2   Surround Sound and UNS2 Clock14

Back to top Go down

Surround Sound and UNS2
Page 1 of 1