Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Empty
PostSubject: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:57 am

I've decided to post on him in different topics, cause its becoming much more than I thought.

“Hi, I’m Itachi Uchiha. As if it weren’t enough that I’ve been humiliated and cast aside by my own village, being made the scapegoat for and villain of the assassination of my entire clan, then driven to exhaustion and thus suicide by my own beloved brother (no, Sasuke did not kill me, just ask Zetsu), my reputation in UNS2 has been tarnished further then I can spit a fireball. I leave the remainder of my rant to Path, who convinced me not to transport you to an illusionary space where I would have gleefully tortured and mutilated you until the end of eternity.”

Ah, poor Itachi. He’s been abused by so many in his lifetime, and now even his adoring fans have jumped in and beat him down some more. I can’t help but feel sorry for the guy.

Itachi is both an overrated and underrated character. Most players use him to abuse his long range fireball jutsu and his overly powered awakening, Susanno. What most don’t realize is that his entire arsenal is top notch, as he is one of the most versatile characters in the game. Also, Susanno is slightly overrated in that he has some obvious weaknesses.

I will break Itachi down as follows by topic:

1) Movesets: List and usefulness
2) Strategies to use
3) Strategies to use against
4) Breakdown of pros and cons based on the above
5) usefulness in comparison to other characters

Movesets:

Combos

-I’m actually not too familiar with all of these. I know he has one where he spits a dragon flame at the end and I believe that creates a SB (always good), though I am not certain. I think I can fairly say though that his combos are average and easy to knj, two poor attributes. His combos are thus not very efficient.

Grab

-For his grab, he actually grabs you and throws you (rare I know). His grab is average speed and a fairly short distance, but its most important aspect is the fact that it creates a SB. His grab seems maybe just slightly above average, but if well timed it becomes a built in ticket to an easy U1, U2 or U3.

Tilt

-For his tilt, he transforms into a shower of crows and flies a fair distance toward the opponent, damaging on contact. What’s so great about this tilt is not the damage or even the distance, but the fact that he is impervious while doing so. If used correctly, it is most effective in making sure a support or jutsu never make contact. However, the downtime afterward gives your opponent a chance to punish you. Use caution when utilizing this ability.

Projectiles

-The usual kunai, with the c. kunai being the generic brand. Not much to say about this.

U1

-Ah, the fireball jutsu. So effective with its distance and relative fast activation, as well as it’s pseudo-homing ability and inability to dodge by jumping over it due to its size. If that weren’t enough, Itachi can activate it mid-air. Need more be said? Yea actually, cause it is somewhat difficult to hit since you can walk sideways away from it. But honestly, that is almost moot in the hands of a skilled player.

U2

-For his U2, he creates a wall of flames that around his body that, if it makes contact with the opponent, will initiate the cinematic. The U2 is very short range, but it is fast and just screams for use as punishment. Also, it is fast enough to hit following a dash stun of the opponent, though I find this risky since it is not as fast as some others.

Awakening

-Enter Susanno, possibly the most feared awakening in the game. His jutsu is amaterasu that although slow, does massive damage. His size gives him the obvious edge already, but add in the fact that his dash is relatively fast, knocks you in the air and pins you, and combo strikes are ridiculously difficult to knj partially because of the lag it often creates, you have one heck of a beast. The usual strategy is to use amaterasu, then dash in to make sure it hits while pinning the opponent. Cue in the combo spam.

Please check out my other Itachi guides as well:

Strategies For

[url=https://arashiboards.forumotion.com/itachi-f19/itachi-useful-tips-and-strategies-against-him-t99.htm]Strategies

Last edited by PathBeyondTheDark on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:02 am; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:25 am

you should mention you can walk out of the way of the fireballs at a mid-range distance. The homing is allright, but just walking out of the way usually works for most cases.

As for the awakening, just be sure to mention the usual strategy of amaterasu into dash and combo pinning
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:29 am

Skyler-X wrote:
you should mention you can walk out of the way of the fireballs at a mid-range distance. The homing is allright, but just walking out of the way usually works for most cases.

As for the awakening, just be sure to mention the usual strategy of amaterasu into dash and combo pinning

Thought I did. Will do. Appreciate it.

How is it so far otherwise?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:47 am

Pretty good, I feel like you didn't talk enough about the fireball.
You can use it mid-air, chip damage, iirc the least laggy projectile special in the game

Dash into U2 was also missed
And the tilt is invincible to everything except for a well-tracking U2 or U3.
I've caught tons of itachis with a U3 while they tilt. Word of warning not to abuse it.

Aside from that, susanoo needs to be careful. Due to itachi's low health when he is able to use it, if a person uses a hidan or chiyo you'll be caught in hitstun long enough for some people to end it.

Kank, Pain, Hinata... Certain combos and characters have the multi-hit moves that do massive if they land. So amaterasu and then dash into guard for a second to make them burn assists is a good idea.

Try to keep them in front of you. Susanoo has issues with people being behind it.

Aside from those, pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:57 am

Most of that will go in future installments in different topics. This is not meant to include any strategy or anti-strategy, just breakdown of movesets and their usefulness.

But thx for letting me know some things I should include.

Last edited by PathBeyondTheDark on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:58 am

np. I don't use itachi much but imo he's underutilized. I wanna see more people use him correctly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:38 am

Changed the format a bit to make it easier to read and just generally more appealing to the eye.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Skyler-X wrote:
np. I don't use itachi much but imo he's underutilized. I wanna see more people use him correctly.

I use Itachi, he is my main since UN2, PS2. When I get internet back I'll fight you. Actually I do have internet but my old 360 doesn't pick up wireless connection. Crying
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Chidori457 wrote:
Skyler-X wrote:

I use Itachi, he is my main since UN2, PS2. When I get internet back I'll fight you. Actually I do have internet but my old 360 doesn't pick up wireless connection. Crying

I'd be interested in playing you as well.

But please, if you post here give me some feedback. No disrespect, I just don't want a bunch of spam and I appreciate input, no matter how lacking you feel it is. Thx.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:24 pm

PathBeyondTheDark wrote:
Chidori457 wrote:
Skyler-X wrote:

I'd be interested in playing you as well.

But please, if you post here give me some feedback. No disrespect, I just don't want a bunch of spam and I appreciate input, no matter how lacking you feel it is. Thx.

Sorry, man. I think your guides are good.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:47 pm

Chidori457 wrote:
Skyler-X wrote:

Don't you have the wireless network adapter for it? you can get that for the 360 to play online.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:13 am

LeafNinjaRLP wrote:
Chidori457 wrote:
Skyler-X wrote:

Don't you have the wireless network adapter for it? you can get that for the 360 to play online.

Last time I checked it was a $100 dollars. nah son
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:27 am

Great guide. Becuase of this, I may start using Itachi.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:08 am

this guide was very helpful now i can use itachi sucessfully
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:45 pm

It's good, but too brief and general.

You should add:
1. A pros and cons list.
2. A description of each combo (including the air combo) and their usefulness(some have shadow clones that hit you back into the combo when you knj)
3. Damage% of each attack if you want.
4. Items info.
5. A sexy picture f Itachi.
6. His support teams, recommendations and attributes.
7. A vid of a decent Itachi.

And try to fix your link at the end lol.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Wed May 11, 2011 5:38 am

hi, i main itachi ,ii saw in your guide very usefull stuff, but can you explain some things like the items and u1 or u2 setups, im lost there. thx for your guide btw
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Wed May 11, 2011 5:00 pm

You can chain U1's off SB until you get to U3.

You can also walk up to them and U2 off SB.

If you do it fast enough you can dash > U2.

Air U1 comes out faster...

Use U2 against rasengan, chidori and other rush justsus.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Wed May 11, 2011 6:49 pm

hey, thx for the info, i was figuring out some of them with sb, but had no idea u can u2 out of sb, i have to dash forward? o and another thing what items does itachi have, u know? thx btw
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Wed May 11, 2011 7:02 pm

No dash, you gotta "walk"(tilt the analog stick) up to them. His U2 also
hits tobi's/Sakura's/Tsunade's U1 and kabuto's tilt.

You can Grab > SB loop, but it's easier to KNJ.

Im not sure about his up item, but I suspect is a defense boost.
Left item- 2 attack down tags
right item- 2 explosive kunai
down item- 2 defense up pills

You're welcome ^^
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Wed May 11, 2011 7:18 pm

thx man, so he has defense up in up and down items?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Wed May 11, 2011 8:44 pm

Yeah, must of the characters have the same up and down items (yamato, Gaara, lee), if they're not a chakra boost. But I'm not sure, try it out once you play.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14Wed May 11, 2011 8:50 pm

i will thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character   Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character Clock14

Back to top Go down

Guide to Itachi: Memoir of an Abused Character
Page 1 of 1