Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro!

Go down 

How You like mah Guide?
1) Great Loved it!
The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Vote_lcap14%The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
2) Its Pretty Good
The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Vote_lcap57%The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
3) Its ok
The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Vote_lcap14%The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
4) Its.....pretty bad...........
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Empty
PostSubject: The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro!   The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Clock14Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:05 am

Terms: http://www.arashiboards.com/t30-general-terminology

The Puppeteer with Problems, Kank!
The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! 363995-20070113220009

Contents
1) Into

2) Pros/Cons

3) Items

4) Regular Moves and Strategy

5) Awakening and Strategy

6) Support

7) Weaknesses

8) Conclusion

Lets Get Started!

The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Dancing-Kankuro-Stupid-Saku

Kankuro, one of the 3 puppeters. Underrated. And the one with the most problems. He has two puppets and is from the Sand Village. He acts oddly and wears makeup. What else do you need to know?

Pros
Has 2 puppets (Good as Guard Support)
Nice Items
Beast Awakening
Easy to land U2 Off SB
Damaging C. kunai
Damaging U1
Regular shuriken throw shoots more than other characters
Can cancel into U2

Cons
Long/easy to knj combos
C. Kunai have short range
Deals with shuriken spammers badly
C. Kunai is subbed easily

Items:
He has 1 long attack boost as ^ item
2 poison tags as his < item
2 bombs as > item (can connect after C. dash even if Opp Guards)
And 2 attack up boosts as v Item
Kank is the only puppeteer to not have defense pills.

Regular Moves and strategy:
Vid Of Moveset

Kankuro has long and BAD combos. BUT HAS FRICKIN LONG RANGE!!!
* ALL COMBOS CAN AND SHOULD BE CANCELED WITH U1 OR C. SHURIKEN
Neutral- 21 hits, Opp ends up on the ground. Sucks alot.
Side- 14 hits. Causes SB. But Still sucks.
Down- 13 hits. Land on the Floor. Chakra Loss
Up- 14 hits. Opp ends in the Air
Air Combo -9 hits. Best Air combo in terms of damage. Mediem knj difficulty. Still pretty easy.
***Slowly press melee to make kanks combs harder to knj***

Tilt: Puppet Show: Drama
Beast Tilt. Does Justu Damage. Hardest commbo to knj. Opp ends up flying at the dierection tilt was used. Cause SB easy. *Is not unguardable* (although you can use it even if Opp guards its not fast enough to hit during the rebound) (unlike sasori)

Justus
Puppet May Rain- Puppets dunk bombs onto Opp. DOES MAJOR DAMAGE WITH RIGHT TIMING AND RANGE!!!!!!!!!!! (like 2-3 times more than regular justu) (easier to pull of close range) Cannot hit moveing target well. Eats up Guard. Amount of bombs hit depends on distance away from Opp. Use close range. Hitting the extra damage requires A. Luck or B. Tons of experience or C. Super close range with Opp not moving around alot. Opp has to be still or moving slightly in order to hit correctly. Other than that there is no "noob" friendly way to hit without experience 100% of the time.

U2. Short ranged. Hard to punish if used close ranged. Hits ninja movers. Combos with his 1st two puppets until the 2nd one dunks Opp into Salamander. (Biggest puppet)

Strategy
As stated before Cancel into U1 or C. Shuriken quickly.
Use Air Combo Alot as it revies puppet. Use C. shuriken after Air for more damage.
Use C. Shuriken whever Opp is OTG.
AWAKEN EVERY TIME POSSIBLE.
C. dash into bomb is very useful for SB>U2.
U2 easily hits after SB so Use that alot.
Can start match by walking up to Opp for like 1/4 of a sec. and start combo then cancel into justu. Catches ninja movement and running.
It is possible to U2 during a combo. Its still dangerous as it has to be used close ranged. Use if Opp has no chakra.

Awakening And Strategy
OK this is where KANK SHINES. YEA SALAMANDER!!!!!!!!
This awakening is a LIFESAVER. Just ask DHD7. I beat him with kanks awakening in our tournament match when he had 1 WHOLE bar left. (2 wins via awakenig last beacue of TUJ)
30% health or less activation.

CAN air combo with awakening.
Air combo/Combo/tilt is beast hard to Sub. Regular combo being the easiest to knj.
Combo- Bites and ends up body slamming Opp. Beast damage. Abuse with caution.
Tilt- Bites Opp while moving. Hardest to knj. Beast damage. Abuse with caution.
Air- Bites again. Tilt is better.
Justu- HOLY CRAP. OP like hell. Shoots out a flamethrower back and forth TWICE. (close ranged) However if it hits the 1st time then the second will miss. Opp falls down after hit. 1 Hit hard to knj. If guarded the second round will guard break. Abuse close range and rasengan Chargers. This justu does immeidate damage and can be spammed close ranged.

Support
Works best As Guard. (puppets guard you)
Balance is Meh (C. shuriken has bad range)
Attack (also Meh, nothing special)
Forms Teams with Temari and Gaara.Sand Siblings
Forms Team with Chiyo and Sasori. Puppet Masters.
Advise using Sand Siblings With Gaara balance and teamri attack. (Eats Guard fast if C. shuriken is blocked)

Weakness
Kank's only viable punish option is U2. Its really nooby to knj then do it so dont do it.
All attacks are subbed with ease (excluding awakening)
Sucks against ninja move +kunai spammers. Advise using air combo when close. C. dash alot.
sucks close range. Use air combo exclusively short range.
Weak against rasengan.

Conclusion
This is my comeback of my famous guides. Hope you enjoyed it.Feedback appreciated :D
The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! 1195025213_csKankuro5

Last edited by Prostriker on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro!   The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Clock14Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:08 am

Dont delete pic DJ Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro!   The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Clock14Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:12 am

At least it's not scattered across 15 threads.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro!   The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Clock14Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:37 pm

One of ur better guides imo. I played ur Kank and u were pretty good with him. We should do some Kank mirror matches. :D

U just need to work on ur sentences a little imo. The guide has a lot of nice info but u rushed the typing i think. xD
Example:
Prostriker wrote:
U2 easily hits after so Use alot.
so = sb?
If u meant U2 after: cdash -> bomb u should also mention sb.

Other notes:
-I don't see how having 2 puppets is a pro actually. =l They are a bigger target to hit with shuriken so easier to throw down i think.
-I barely ever got multiple bombs to hit at the same time actually, even at close range or against susano'o. =l Maybe u could explain how to do it easier.
- Cancelling into U2... u mean cancelling into U2 with his jutsu? I know u can combo into his U2 during his neutral combo (actually that's the only combo i use besides tilt and air combo for that reason.)
-I think Kank's U1 is also good to punish against physical jutsus and attacks cuz it's so fast at close range.

And yeah... his awakening is beast. :P once u are close to ur opponent it's hard for them to get away. I usually use his jutsu after they get knocked down from a combo. If they get back up they get guardbreaked immediatly.

I like to use Temari on balance sometimes instead of Gaara cuz her chakra shuriken have a large stun. Gets knj'd easier than Gaara's tho.

And to finish this big post:
Is cdash -> tilt unblockable like Sasori's?
I have to test it more cuz i think i did a few times but it requires more timing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro!   The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Clock14Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:05 pm

Nice man.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro!   The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Clock14Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:39 pm

glenndevis wrote:
One of ur better guides imo. I played ur Kank and u were pretty good with him. We should do some Kank mirror matches. :D

U just need to work on ur sentences a little imo. The guide has a lot of nice info but u rushed the typing i think. xD
Example:
Prostriker wrote:
U2 easily hits after so Use alot.
so = sb?
If u meant U2 after: cdash -> bomb u should also mention sb.

Other notes:
-I don't see how having 2 puppets is a pro actually. =l They are a bigger target to hit with shuriken so easier to throw down i think.
-I barely ever got multiple bombs to hit at the same time actually, even at close range or against susano'o. =l Maybe u could explain how to do it easier.
- Cancelling into U2... u mean cancelling into U2 with his jutsu? I know u can combo into his U2 during his neutral combo (actually that's the only combo i use besides tilt and air combo for that reason.)
-I think Kank's U1 is also good to punish against physical jutsus and attacks cuz it's so fast at close range.

And yeah... his awakening is beast. :P once u are close to ur opponent it's hard for them to get away. I usually use his jutsu after they get knocked down from a combo. If they get back up they get guardbreaked immediatly.

I like to use Temari on balance sometimes instead of Gaara cuz her chakra shuriken have a large stun. Gets knj'd easier than Gaara's tho.

And to finish this big post:
Is cdash -> tilt unblockable like Sasori's?
I have to test it more cuz i think i did a few times but it requires more timing.

Updated with new info and slight corrections. Thanks for the help. And yea I mean you can combo into U2. Tilt is not unbloackable.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro!   The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Clock14Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:14 am

Damn really? Still wanna test it a bit =l
Oh and cdash to air dash is unblockable.
Also cdash to cshuriken is.

Really wanna fight ur kank with mine now haha. Wanna go for my title? D: need a challenge.

Oh and with cancel into u2 did u mean combo into it or cancel may rain into u2.
Would be cool if he could.

Last edited by glenndevis on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro!   The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Clock14Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:23 am

glenndevis wrote:
Damn really? Still wanna test it a bit =l
Oh and cdash to air dash is unblockable.
Also cdash to cshuriken is.

Really wanna fight ur kank with mine now haha. Wanna go for my title? D: need a challenge.

Haha I think I'll go after the deidara title. And yea we should do mirror matches
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro!   The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Clock14Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:56 am

Hah maybe u will be my first challenger if i'm able to beat soul. :p
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro!   The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Clock14Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:01 am

Nice comeback pro! This is much more organized, and you covered all his moves. I hope to see your Chiyo guide pimped soon <3
HARM wrote:
LOL, what a hater. I'm just helping out on the growth of this community. :P

You should try joining me on at least giving some feedback in this thread.
Or does prostriker has to type it in orange text for you to give a shit?
:ed:

You've inspired me to make a 16th guide: How 2 be a dick

Last edited by Ziiko on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro!   The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Clock14Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:13 am

Ziiko wrote:
Nice comeback pro! This is much more organized, and you covered all his moves. I hope to see your Chiyo guide pimped soon <3
HARM wrote:
LOL, what a hater. I'm just helping out on the growth of this community. :P

You should try joining me on at least giving some feedback in this thread.
Or does prostriker has to type it in orange text for you to give a shit?
:ed:
ty man. Ill work on it later
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro!   The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Clock14Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:01 am

Wow you are like the only one i know that uses kank.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro!   The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Clock14Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:09 am

Glenn does too. Btw how does bobo play his choji? If I beat towerworld he's next
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro!   The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Clock14Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:03 am

yea 4life D: u forgot about me. Or did u not play my kank yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro!   The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro! Clock14

Back to top Go down

The Puppeteer with Problems! Prostrikers Pro guide to Kankuro!
Page 1 of 1