Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tips

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Tips Empty
PostSubject: Tips   Tips Clock14Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:14 pm

I just got the game. any tips for a beginner?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips   Tips Clock14Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:41 pm

get some fast fingers and good muscle memory
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips   Tips Clock14Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Which one do you have? CS or CT?
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips   Tips Clock14Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:44 pm

CS. i was told its the better newer version. Also it was suggested by Cinik.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips   Tips Clock14Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:49 pm

whats the diff?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips   Tips Clock14Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:19 am

the difference is no one plays CT anymore lol.

tips: try out every character at least a little bit before settling on a main. training mode has strats for each character. do challenge mode, yes they get difficult but practice makes perfect. save replays of people that beat the shit out of you and try to figure out what you did wrong and what they did right. most fast attacks hit low so block low usually. stand up quickly while blocking to prevent getting hit when you see an overhead coming. use quick attacks to start combos. practice. practice A LOT. there is no real trick besides practice and experience.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips   Tips Clock14Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:35 am

Just cuz you don't have CT doesn't mean no one plays it. A lot of people play CT because its still a great fighter. But just like black ops, people buy CS and play it because its new. People will buy and play even the shittiest of sequels, just because they're new. I'm not saying CS is shitty, but I stand by CT as the better of the two.

Lol Skye's tips were useless, but cinik has some good basic advice. If you really want to get good at this game I think its best to take a look at the youtube videos at Aksys Games' youtube channel.

I heard that unlike the instruction manual for CT the CS booklet doesn't tell you much about how to play. This may or may not be true, but these videos below show you the core mechanics of CS. You should have a complete understanding of these things if you want to be good at this game.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AksysGames This is their youtube channel. Search through the uploads and you can find some specific character tutorials.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips   Tips Clock14Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:38 pm

People bought Black Ops because it was indeed better than Mw2. Because in comparison it is much better. Still, neither of them stand up to CoD4. But that's OT.

After putting a bit of time into CS, I do think it's a very solid fighter. I haven't played CT before, so I can't personally make a comparison, but I wouldn't mind hearing why CT is better.

As for tips: Exactly what cinik said. PRACTICE. Keep at those challenge missions, no matter how frustrating they can be. And just like any game, don't get frustrated when losing, and if possible keep playing people who are better than you because it'll make you a better player. And don't forget to utilize the save film system. I've learned so much just from watching the games where I played someone who beat me or gave me a great challenge.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips   Tips Clock14Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:38 pm

ALL NON-CHARACTER SPECIFIC CHANGES FROM BB:CT TO BB:CS

- Barrier burst is now replaced with Break Burst
- You can stock up to 2 bursts
- Burst no longer have damage penalty
- every character starts with 1 burst stock, character gains an additional burst after losing a round (only once)
- Using Burst when hit or block (not regular burst) will consume half of the Guard Primer (e.g Ragna uses the burst will make his current Guard Primer goes down from 4 to 2)
- Regular burst automatically becomes Gold Burst, able to kill from the follow up combo
- burst during hit or block is Green burst, similar to CT version

- When regular gold burst hits opponent, opponent will bounce high and able to combo from there (no more Guard break by gold burst)
- Life bar still goes into DANGER if barrier meter is running out

- All AH unlocked
- You can use AH when you need one more round to win (not the final round of the match) with 100% meter, more than 1 burst left and opponent's life is below 35%, character face picture next to life bar shines in white when it is possible to activate AH

- Guard Primer(? ガードプライマー) system replaces Guard Libra
- Guard Primer length changes for every character, meter goes down if the character blocks the specific move that breaks the guard (e.g. blocking Λ-11-'s 214D will let meter go down by 2)
- many guard break moves go through barrier
- Guard primer will automatically recover but very slow
- Guard Primer length
10 Tager
06 Hakumen Bang Tsubaki Hazama
05 Jin Noel Litchi Arakune
04 Ragna Rachel Taokaka Carl Λ-11-

- option select tech throw during guard motion still works, but harder
- Unable to cancel forward and back roll with specials or supers
- tech throw glitch during counter hit motion and recovery time does not work
- Unable to tech with pressing ABC at the same time, not able to option select tech throw and regular tech
- Unable to jump during the barrier on the ground, you can not jump with barrier on, jump has bigger risk now
- movable time after winning shortened.

- general decrease in the combo damage, either there is a change in the damage calculation equation or big changes have made to combo rate of almost all moves
- Change in the counter hit system. For moves with multiple hits, all hits during the move will retain the counter hit property if 1st hit is a counter. i.e Jin's B(1hit counter)>6C works in CT version but B(2hit)>6C does not work, in CS B(1st hit counter, 2hit)>6C works
- Easier to get negative penalty

Appearance

- Special projectile such as Arakune's Bug and Rachel's frog has a circle around them, easier to identify (deleted in 2nd loketest ?)
- better animation, more motion frames
- new graphic effects, new voice
- All special meters appear above the Heat Gauge
- Jin's meter is separated into 4 parts, other characters' are separated into 2 parts
- Bigger graphical effect when offset happens

still waiting for a reason why BB:CT was better besides "because i don't have it" (because thats all i'm getting out of this)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips   Tips Clock14Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:33 pm

cinik wrote:

still waiting for a reason why BB:CT was better besides "because i don't have it" (because thats all i'm getting out of this)

OH SNAP
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips   Tips Clock14Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:18 pm

If you want tips on BB go to http://www.destructive-nature.com/forums/ I use to frequent that site when i was into BB:CT. I stopped playing it because i didnt feel like buying a new BB when I had just purchased CT a few months before. That site should have frame data and combos posted if I recall correctly. Though if you want a tip aside from the site I suggest watching vids of each character and watching how they play so you can get an idea of their moves and what not. That's how I decided to main Nu-13 in CT, I saw how she played and fell in love with her zoning tools and keep away game. CS fucking nerfed her ass though so fuck CS, oh and i suggest reading up on the characters and the tier list.

The site also has anti character threads to help ya out.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips   Tips Clock14Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:06 pm

thanks for the site and info juece
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips   Tips Clock14Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:08 pm

cinik wrote:

I never said that CT was better because you dont have it. I said just because you dont have it doesnt mean people dont play it. Also Im too busy to get into a pointless, opinionated argument about why I think CT is better. Im just too busy for that.

I was just helping Rasen out. Have fun playing CS guys.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips   Tips Clock14Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:39 pm

by "i" i meant you guys not myself.
This thread reminds me of the tier list with all the unsupported statements. btw i have no idea which game is "better" because i've never played CT. doesn't matter because CT is irrelevant anyway. heres to a quick update of CS to CS2.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips   Tips Clock14Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:18 pm

lolwut
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips   Tips Clock14Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:54 pm