Arashi Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Updates (Discussion)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

Updates (Discussion) Empty
PostSubject: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:11 pm

Discuss updates here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arashiboards.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:18 pm

I would like to discuss why we need two update discussion threads
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:02 am

Are the "new" notations at new topics a recent update? (haven't noticed em earlier)
They are very useful for me. xD
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:42 am

I didn't notice the duplicate thread. The other one has been removed.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:14 pm

I think badges could be a prize for tourney winners
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:21 pm

how does one... access... these badges?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:30 am

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I think that you should keep both pos and neg rep options.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:38 am

Me too. Why take them out...?
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:39 am

Explain why you think we should keep the negative rep option.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:02 pm

The neg rep option gives users the opportunity to chime in about another user. Theoretically (if not abused with rep bombing/whoring) it will show how well a user is respected in the community (assuming you added a rep bar under avatars or some other way to view a users rep.) Trolls and others whom the community feel don't deserve reputation will get neg repped, those with pos rep will obviously be the ones who are actively contributing to the community.

It gives another form of reward to receive pos rep, otherwise what's the point of the rep system at all?
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:42 pm

The way I see it is like this. You would only rep someone up if they had something good to contribute.
If someone hasn't done anything worth repping then they would have no rep points.
Also if theres no negative rep, users cant get repped down in the case that someone just doesn't like them.
Getting repped up is a good thing, so it wont be abused
In my mind, a negative rep option is like an opportunity for someone to abuse it and go around repping down every post by that user.

The point of the rep system is to award users for making thoughtful and meaningful posts. I don't think punishing users (who make stupid or meaningless posts) with negative rep points is a good thing because it can be easily abused, and isn't even necessary.

In my honest opinion, it cant be a good thing, but if everyone feels that the negative rep option should be given, then I can re-add it. But you can all expect at east some minor abuse of it in the future.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:47 pm

Yeah I see where you're coming from. But in that example given it's hard to tell the difference between someone no one likes and someone who everyone is indifferent with.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:24 pm

DJ is right.
If its good, rep up.
If its not, dont rep.

People will base things off of who has how much rep, by you say.
Someone with 0 rep is either new to the community or not helpful.

Someone with lots of rep is contributive.
Its a good scale, I personally dont want the neg rep brought back
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:39 am

Feh...

Well, if you wanna show that you particularly don't like something, you can't without neg rep. No rep could go to show that you just haven't seen it. And if somebody neg reps without reason, we can always ask and infaction, can't we?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:05 am

Yea, but a neg rep would be to complicated. A bunch of random people down repping people for no reason......too much loss for no gain. If someone has 0 rep, then......they haven't done anything important is all. Besides, I just realised you can rep up....I thought you got rep points by making topics/posting....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 am

Things from the social hall wont be carried over.

F"KIN KIDDIN ME!!

Also my guides aare on TNS anyway 8)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:29 am

if things from the social hall will not be carried over, will the proboards just dissapear or will they start again on the new site?
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:32 am

Oh I forgot the Pro List was in the Social Hall. Yeah the Pro List will carry over.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:23 pm

Hate to ask but can someone take my guide with the site, I dont have a computer to call my own at the moment so I have no where to save it. It's the lars guide.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:52 am

Just found out that Arashi wasn't "qualified" for the domain transfer. My guess is that this has something to do with the 3 months wait. I blame February for having only 28 days. I think we're a few days off from meeting the time requirement. I PMd pink elephant man again about it. I'm waiting for a response. I did some pro mathematician calculations and made the conclusion from my data that 3 regular months add up to 93 days. We have only owned the domain name for about 87 days (give or take like one, maybe two days). So if they don't count Feb as a full month, I guess we're waiting at least 6 more days.

What a drag Shikamaru fh
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:04 am

Okay more updates. From the elephant man himself. We will have the new site someday in the beginning of next week. Tuesday or Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:39 am

Guy Dance
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:58 am

Flag is thrown: Excessive demonstration on number 18 cinik, touchdown is withdrawn, replay fourth down.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:48 pm

The move seems to keep getting delayed. Can you please tell me if you know when its gonna happen or if you are still waiting on pink elephant man =/ If we are waiting on him I will go ahead and start my clan stuff up.
Back to top Go down
[DJ]
Head Admin
[DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:50 am

I have no way of knowing when we'll move. So until further notice, we're staying here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updates (Discussion)   Updates (Discussion) Clock14

Back to top Go down

Updates (Discussion)
Page 1 of 1